Joyetech ego-c Twist ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

artbyshan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Chattanooga, TN
OK i couldn't wait I just ordered the 1000 mAh Silver but now am wondering if my charger for my KGO will work or do i need a new charger?
I wouldn't use the KGO charger for a Joye product. Though they look similar, they can be very different. May end up ruining the Twist.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
I've been using mine for three days now and I absolutely love it. It's so easy to change the voltage and get a different flavor and temp from my eliquids. It's been a lot of fun, actually...and all without having to buy a Provari or other expensive mod. At least, not yet. ;)

I'm curious which one you got (silver or black, 650 or 1000mah) and how is the battery life (obviously less at higher settings) compared to the regular eGo.

I know you have been playing, (who could resist!) but do you find that you prefer higher voltages for your favorite devices?

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
I'm curious which one you got (silver or black, 650 or 1000mah) and how is the battery life (obviously less at higher settings) compared to the regular eGo.

I know you have been playing, (who could resist!) but do you find that you prefer higher voltages for your favorite devices?

I got the 650mah silver one. I wanted the 1000mah, but Cignot didn't have any due to a quality issue with them. I find that the battery life is similar to the regular 650mah eGos.

I find that I prefer my coffee, dessert and tobacco vapes at higher voltages, but the fruit ones I prefer at lower. For the most part, of course. There are some caveats, but overall I'm finding that I prefer the higher voltages. Right now I've found a sweet spot at around 3.9 volts on a standard 2.2-2.4ohm atty.

midnttoker

Feb 25, 2012
Music Cty U.S.A.
I just received my ego c twist today. I got the 650mah in chrome. I have tried it with a new fluxomizer filled with some acid blondie cigar juice I have run it up and down the volt range not bad better than I expected. Quickly found a sweet spot for this cigar juice at around 4.0. This will be my new go to work pv. Also tried dc tank oh yeah!

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I too will be saving my pennies to get one of these.

It will not replace my Provari. But I'd like to do a full out review on it and have it "in the arsenal".

Cozz, I just saw your review from the Cignot store location and was waiting for you to show us the voltage with a 1.5 ohm tank. Have you done any evaluation of what happens as you increase the voltage while, say a DCT 1.5 tank is operating on the Twist? Seems it would hit 3 amps at 4.5v according to our friend Ohm. We have folks on ECF talking about how they didn't get that pleasurable vape they were looking for from a DCT 1.5 tank on a Twist. That's not a reason to diss the Twist. I just think most people don't understand the relationship between current limits, voltage, and resistance.

For right now, I'm just recommending that those people put on a 2.0, 2.5 or 3.0 ohm tank carto and try again to work around the 2.5A limit. Consumer education is key to product satisfaction. I don't have a Twist, but it looks like a good pocket sized walking around vape.

I love my Provari, too. It's a pocket full when you are walking around in weather that precludes a coat, though.

Last edited:

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
Cozz, I just saw your review from the Cignot store location and was waiting for you to show us the voltage with a 1.5 ohm tank. Have you done any evaluation of what happens as you increase the voltage while, say a DCT 1.5 tank is operating on the Twist? Seems it would hit 3 amps at 4.5v according to our friend Ohm. We have folks on ECF talking about how they didn't get that pleasurable vape they were looking for from a DCT 1.5 tank on a Twist. That's not a reason to diss the Twist. I just think most people don't understand the relationship between current limits, voltage, and resistance.

For right now, I'm just recommending that those people put on a 2.0, 2.5 or 3.0 ohm tank carto and try again to work around the 2.5A limit. Consumer education is key to product satisfaction. I don't have a Twist, but it looks like a good pocket sized walking around vape.

I love my Provari, too. It's a pocket full when you are walking around in weather that precludes a coat, though.

Hey Dave,

I tend to test with what I use, so I was not able to test on a 1.5 ohm DC. However, others have, and the unit maxes out at 3.7 volts- apparently regulated to 3.7. But that is the max at 1.5 ohm.

<end short answer>

Some have commented that a 3.7v regulated vape is better than the 3.4v you might get under load from an eGo style battery. But at the same time- many people using DCCs tend to crank them up far beyond what and eGo battery can supply.

Also note: That video was done on a pre-release unit. And it is by no means a complete review.

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
I just bought myself an eGo Twist 1000mAh SS, and a couple of the Stardust 2.1 ohm cartomizers. I like 11-12 watts vaping, and according to the ohms law calculator website, 4.8v with those cartomizers should be just enough to hit my mark, and its less than 2.5 amps.

I got this setup cuz dripping on a Provari is too hard to mess with at work. I hope these things are good as I hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread