Status
Not open for further replies.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
It will work well with that tank, no worries. Don't let the complications of TC scare you.. In this device it is simple as hell, and works perfectly in preventing dry hits. It's not the world's most accurate temp control mod, but it works fairly well and is very small in the palm of my hands.

Go get it :thumbs:
It's so simple even I can't screw it up!!!

Reactions: gt_1955

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Would this work with a Uwell Crown in TC mode? Would it be safe?

I really like my current Ego ONE battery but am not a fan of the tank for various reasons. I'm thinking of going with this battery but a Crown tank.

But I don't understand the electrical implications well enough to know if it would be safe.
It will work with just about any tank........just know there is a chance that due to being a fixed 510, some tanks will leave a small gap between the mod and tank.....won't effect operation, but could bother those with ocd ;)
The kayfun v4 happens to fit perfect, the kayfun lite leaves a small gap.

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping

Reactions: pufZeppelin

Vincy2603

May 6, 2015
Okay... So a little more tests

I believe the TC in this mod works differently from others. I say this because it is sort of a dry hit prevention mode... Just like the asolo 200w (watch reviews on YouTube) which actually does kanthal TC by estimating/ guessing" when the cotton wick gets dry... And thus eliminating dry hits. I'm not a 100% certain but it's definitely not a true TC mod

It is really funky, I was using my nickel coil vaping it on my rda.. And just for ....s n giggles I switched it to TI mode and fire it. Funny enough, it freaking works.. Less than stellar vape, but no dry hits.

As for dry cotton tests, as mentioned by USMCotaku, all the cottons were burnt despite using various resistance/gauge of nickel wire.

I find the nickel setting on mid and low is too mellow for my vape and on high settings I only get dry hits... Bummer ;(

Hmmm, it still is a very good TC starter mod.. Although I won't really call it TC.

EDIT: I'm vaping on high setting TC nickel and now I don't get dry hits... Weird. Previously on Mid setting, I got a huge nasty dry hit.

Last edited:

Vincy2603

May 6, 2015
Okay, I take back what I said. Looks like the kayfun doesn't really work well on it. Actually, as a matter of fact, the kayfun v4 isn't quite TC compatible on any mods.

I realized my findings were incorrect when I reattached my rda. It works perfectly again.... :facepalm:

The inconsistencies are still there but at least the high,mid and low settings are working as they should. Hmm, I'm still assuming it's another way of temperature 'guessing' .. It really depends on your build , coil and etc.

If you're using the mega tank, you have nothing to worry about. It works like a charm right off the bat. As they claimed in their specification, it does TC.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Okay, I take back what I said. Looks like the kayfun doesn't really work well on it. Actually, as a matter of fact, the kayfun v4 isn't quite TC compatible on any mods.

I realized my findings were incorrect when I reattached my rda. It works perfectly again.... :facepalm:

The inconsistencies are still there but at least the high,mid and low settings are working as they should. Hmm, I'm still assuming it's another way of temperature 'guessing' .. It really depends on your build , coil and etc.

If you're using the mega tank, you have nothing to worry about. It works like a charm right off the bat. As they claimed in their specification, it does TC.
The kayfun isn't known to be great for TC..but, it's partly dependant on the spring in the base.....there is an upgraded spring you can put in that will greatly increase its performance...ironically, my two tobecco kf4's have been really stable on all of my TC mods...the other one I had, not stable on any

Vincy2603

May 6, 2015
Realised I haven't upload my mod yet.. here's my set up for this ego one vt! ;)

322.jpg

Reactions: redrebel821

Vincy2603

May 6, 2015
Based on my temp probes, I knew TC was happening....I don't expect a mod like this to be as accurate as I would others..their focus was ease of use........I think they nailed that aspect.

Definitely nailed it and they did a fantastic job. If my kayfun v4 is not going to be paired with it... well, at least my current set up is pretty sick looking! :wub:

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Definitely nailed it and they did a fantastic job. If my kayfun v4 is not going to be paired with it... well, at least my current set up is pretty sick looking! :wub:
Get you a new upgraded spring for that kfv4, it makes a difference......they will never be the best TC tank, but more then useable if you fix the spring ;)

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
One thing to note , I realize how to let it set the resistance of the coil.

First, unscrew atomizer... Lock device... Screw in atomizer... Switch out of TC mode... Switch back to TC mode... Done!

:D Works great at the moment at high settings for me... Nice warm hit
I liked the high the best, too. But so simple, right?

Reactions: Vincy2603

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
I think this is a fabulous mod at it's heart. But people keep throwing the words "temperature control" into the mix. There's a reason Joyetech called it what they did. It's not really temperature control at all. It's just fixed values according to the resistance and a high, med, and low setting. In my opinion, that's exactly what the vaping world needed. Novices can now pick up a device and feel like they are on the cutting edge without having to know ohm's law forwards and backwards.

There's only one fault with this mod, the fixed 510. That is a deal breaker for me. I had the previous ego one batteries and really like them. But the different way that each mod sat on it was really distracting to me. Eleaf came out with the IJust2 and fixed every fault with the ego one. So here's to hoping Eleaf answers the call and does the same thing in a Ego One VT format. Would be the perfect little stealth vape that does a little temp control.

I'm a little curious though. I know it controls the temperature, but is it still working like a mech mod does? As battery voltage drops, does the vape get weaker? Or is it more like a true variable wattage box mod and continue to push voltage higher than the voltage left in the battery?

Vincy2603

May 6, 2015
I think this is a fabulous mod at it's heart. But people keep throwing the words "temperature control" into the mix. There's a reason Joyetech called it what they did. It's not really temperature control at all. It's just fixed values according to the resistance and a high, med, and low setting. In my opinion, that's exactly what the vaping world needed. Novices can now pick up a device and feel like they are on the cutting edge without having to know ohm's law forwards and backwards.

There's only one fault with this mod, the fixed 510. That is a deal breaker for me. I had the previous ego one batteries and really like them. But the different way that each mod sat on it was really distracting to me. Eleaf came out with the IJust2 and fixed every fault with the ego one. So here's to hoping Eleaf answers the call and does the same thing in a Ego One VT format. Would be the perfect little stealth vape that does a little temp control.

I'm a little curious though. I know it controls the temperature, but is it still working like a mech mod does? As battery voltage drops, does the vape get weaker? Or is it more like a true variable wattage box mod and continue to push voltage higher than the voltage left in the battery?

It works sort of like a true regulated now. In previous ego one models, joyetech claim they have a constant output but users still complain about the voltage drop when the battery indicator flashes..

They fixed it in this model and now it performs stellar at even 10-20%

I believe the ijust2 works like a mech, joyetech's are pretty solid in terms of power

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California

Other then all mods will have some drop as battery drops, its a constant output

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
It works sort of like a true regulated now. In previous ego one models, joyetech claim they have a constant output but users still complain about the voltage drop when the battery indicator flashes..
They fixed it in this model and now it performs stellar at even 10-20%
I believe the ijust2 works like a mech, joyetech's are pretty solid in terms of power

Other then all mods will have some drop as battery drops, its a constant output

but…

mechs put out ONE SET power (depending on battery charge state)
a NON variable (watts or volts) mod puts out ONE SET power (eg: ego output 3.7v)

the eGo One is a ‘smart’ chip board

it determines output after you screw on which ever Ω topper you choose

Mr Busardo pointed this out in his review

whatever it outputs, install the .5Ω it comes with – work great;
then the 1.0Ω – still great;
and I use it with 1.6Ω and it is spectacular...

I don’t understand this, but PBusardo brought it to my attention
it does some sort of intelligence magic reading, seemingly different than others...
ego ONE scope numbers 1b.png

Mar 19, 2015 – The Joyetech eGo One
15:50 min start - - 35:30 min specs
-

I only assume this phenomenon is the same with the ego one vt / ct devices

:2c:

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread