Joyetech Eroll, vs K500 knock off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyght

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
San Diego, Ca
I know this has been done before... however, I purchased one of these (granted, used thankfully!!!!) partially because of that review and a friend falling in love with my eroll. She doesn't have very much money and I was just buying it for her and was curious myself.

I almost made the mistake (yes, mistake) of purchasing a k500 from the review I had read here.

So, here's my blow by blow on these two devices.

The Eroll, I love. It's a tad annoying for the small tanks, and the small battery, but let's face it folks, we were thrilled with the analog five to fifteen minute ciggie, so why are we frustrated with the battery ;)

The one thing I probably do wish it would do is be threaded and therefore that would potentially lend to the utilization of a larger tank for 'at home' purposes. However, it isn't. It does snap together securely and the draw to my mind is pretty incredible. The atty's last a long time and they can be milked to a much longer life with soaking, cleaning and rewicking with mesh.

The batteries and cones are cheap, the atomizers really aren't that costly and if you have a good charger, it's going to last you through the day (mine was dying, since I purchased it used. The new one, lasts forever and never runs out.)

The review I read on here said the k500 was ... mainly similar, parts interchangeable etc. I believed it.

When I received the one I won on ebay for a bit under 16 dollars, I figured if nothing else it was another battery pack. Though, again I was also looking at giving it to a friend. If it delivered similar experience.

As it is, I will have to purchase another battery, so I have a spare. I do like being prepared. I also want to get a few dead batteries and when mine dies, I'll have one to start working on my varied modifications I'm hoping to create to help enhance our eroll love. :D

So, my findings...

The draw ... is tight. Really tight. It has two small airways carved into a threaded battery and it produces pathetic vapor. :( I felt like I was sucking on a semi blocked atomizer, or a device that had half it's airway cut off. (Which explains the pathetic amount of vapor.)

The taste, is even more muted than the eroll. I couldn't even tell I was switching flavors.

The battery, as I mentioned is threaded. I imagine it's 808 threading, but I don't know that for sure. I'm hoping that I can put one of those tiny 1ml 808 clearomizers on it and it will be salvagable, but who knows.

But, with that said, the battery being threaded, the cone is as well threaded and the atomizer sits within the cone. No, it can not be used on the eroll at all. Neither the cone, or the atomizer. (edit- I was mistaken. You can use the k500 atty with the eroll. It's just not very ... good.)

The tanks do seem to snap a bit better into the k500, but I've never had issues with newer tanks and the eroll attys so I'm not overly concerned about that.

I liked the silicon caps within the ends of the tanks, it does make for easier filling if you don't have a needle bottle, but I've noticed that with thicker juice, it tends to develop more bubbles at the hole and thus produce more dry hits on the eroll. (I had purchased two of the tanks due to the last side by side review I read here about eroll to k500)

The charger does work on both, the k500 blinks while it's charging the battery, which is fine with me, I don't see it as any better or worse for time it holds a charge, or batteries it charges.

But, with my kit, it came with two batteries, one atty, one cone. Two tanks. Thus, you can't set two up (similar to the eroll, but a single cone is fairly cheap.) Parts are much more difficult to find. I looked a long time to find the k500 tanks, and they're much more expensive.

The battery... the eroll has a wonderful door which almost is difficult to open. The k500 as you open it feels loose and it seems it would 'fall open' if you didn't insure it was closed.

Ultimately, it's by far worth the price to purchase an authentic eroll. Especially when you can use coupons with rocky mountain vapes and even then, get them on ebay for those selling them.

I'm sure this isn'tnew to the eroll community, but I did see one person asking if they should buy the k500 instead of the eroll for a mother's day gift. I hope hope hope they bought the original! It is so much better and truly worth the extra money.

If I had gotten the k500 I wouldn't have been sold to the eroll. It would've been exactly my thoughts of what the product would offer. Instead, when I received my eroll I was pleasantly surprised and have raved over it!

I hope this helps someone who might be seeing the k500s and their slightly to nearly half priced difference and realize they aren't doing a favor for the new initiate. It''s worth buying the eroll! Please, go authentic! In the end, you will pay so much less money and have a better experience. By far! Miles of difference!

Cost breakdown

Kit: Eroll $60.00 (have seen it as high as 72 dollars.)
K500 $44.99 (have seen it as low as 33 at fasttech)

tanks Eroll 5 for $4.00 (At rocky mountain vapor)
k500 2 dollars a single tank. The only place I found them was Mountain Oak Vapors

batteries Eroll 10 dollars (Rocky mountain vapes)
k500 (haven't found)

Cones Eroll 2.50 (rmv)
k500 2.99 (mov)

Atomizers Eroll 5.00 (rmv) (I've heard fasttechs are good to use on the forum, and you can get five of them for that price, but lengthy shipping. Don't know if they're good or not. Also, this price will be reduced purchasing them in a 5 pack)
k500 2.99 (mov)

Battery pack Eroll 34.00 (rmv)
k500 (Haven't seen, but of course you can use the eroll one)

Shipping rmv (free over 14 dollars and 20% off coupons abound.) mov, is really reasonable shipping (I put the cone and atty in and it came up with less than 2 dollars.)

Parts you can shift back and forth. Tanks are exchangable, chargers are exchangeable, charging cable to the battery pack works, usb charger exchangable.

Parts not exchangeable. Cones. Attys can be, but they don't seem as good as the joyetech's on the eroll. They'll do in a pinch certainly.

Best of luck, but, I think seeing as you can find several places to get eroll parts, and I've only found one place to get k500 parts, I'd certainly go the eroll avenue. Plus, it's a by far better experience :D (it says something when I wont even toss 6 dollars (8 with shipping) to make two units. :/)

Beth :vapor:

Last edited:

Nyght

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
San Diego, Ca
That's a well written example .
I'm just a good old boy from the hills I like thing to be simple .
The ego 1300mah and the new 2200mah battery's last me all day using a Kanger mini dual coil .
They are inexpensive and the coil is easy to replace .

Ah, thank you for the compliment!

Which means, that's the perfect setup for you! :D I'm glad you found what works and I hope it'll continue to work for a long while. I wish I wasn't so fickle and shifting here and there. My pocket book would appreciate it :D

Harlen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Charlotte Nc
Ah, thank you for the compliment!

Which means, that's the perfect setup for you! :D I'm glad you found what works and I hope it'll continue to work for a long while. I wish I wasn't so fickle and shifting here and there. My pocket book would appreciate it :D

Nope I'm cheep lol but it dose work grate for me . Ben using the same kit for a little over a year now , I do have some toys but they stay at home ,I'm a cults and I will drop them lol.

Nyght

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
San Diego, Ca
Nope I'm cheep lol but it dose work grate for me . Ben using the same kit for a little over a year now , I do have some toys but they stay at home ,I'm a cults and I will drop them lol.

hehe, I feel that way sometimes too. Though, have yet to break a glass tank. So, I can't be that bad. (No, I just break my mods... :/ Even to the point of I think pushing down the center pin on my provari... :( :facepalm:

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
The battery... the eroll has a wonderful door which almost is difficult to open. The k500 as you open it feels loose and it seems it would 'fall open' if you didn't insure it was closed.

That door on the eRoll PCC is almost impossible to open when driving ...

Yeah, I know I shouldn't do this, but I switch eRolls when driving without looking away from the road, by touch. No problem telling which one is which, one is hot and the other is cool. But that PCC door snaps shut and I can never find the finger notch by feel ... :confused:

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I can open it anywhere along the door (not in the finger notch) by putting one thumb fully on the metal part or silver part with thumb point facing the top of the pcc and pulling the door with the outside part my other thumb facing the same way direction. In other words, it doesn't work as well just using tips of the tumbs which would mean the tips face each other. It does work that way but takes a lot more pressure. Both thumbs facing the top of the PCC and the door opens easily. Hope I explained that right. Give it a try. I do it quickly ( takes less than a second when you learn it) resting my forearms on the steering wheel when its safe to do. I usually place my door-opening thumb near the top of the PCC pretty far above the finger slot.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Well, my home is still standing ...

I've lived in SoCal for 34 years now, and never actually saw one of these wildfires until last week. On my commute home from work on I-15, I looked to the left and saw an entire hillside to the west was engulfed in smoke behind a fast moving sheet of flames. It was several miles away, but still triggered the primitive flight response in my caveman brain ...

Much credit to the firefighters here, who saved countless homes and lives, and are somehow able to run toward a disaster rather than away ... :thumbs:

Nyght

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
San Diego, Ca
They've done an incredible job! I've been about 2.2 miles near the cocos fire, so it was semi tough for me too. But, they did incredible and really, all in all and with as many fires were set or simply sparked off, very few loss of homes/buildings and just 1 life so far that I know of throughout the fires.

And, Rico seeing as we're close. I tested that battery, it lasts at least through fifteen recharges... I'd trade you for one, if you'd prefer that looser door of the k500 charger? Up to you!

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
They've done an incredible job! I've been about 2.2 miles near the cocos fire, so it was semi tough for me too. But, they did incredible and really, all in all and with as many fires were set or simply sparked off, very few loss of homes/buildings and just 1 life so far that I know of throughout the fires.

And, Rico seeing as we're close. I tested that battery, it lasts at least through fifteen recharges... I'd trade you for one, if you'd prefer that looser door of the k500 charger? Up to you!

Great thread, Nyght... I started off back in Feb with an eRoll, quit smoking, made my way thru the kangers and innokins and finally into rebuildable fun with a couple of kayfuns, got a lovely sigelei v3 flat-top... and then last week I got appendicitis, surgery, 3 days with no food or vaping and started getting smacked upside the head with cigarette cravings. so I'm temporarily back to dual-using, smoking a little, but my beginner eRoll is back in the line-up, in fact it's my go-to vape right now, while I try to recuperate and transition back to 100% vaping, and I love the lil thing as much I ever did, it's a godsend that lets me know that I don't HAVE to remain a smoker forever, my eRoll will bridge me back to non-smoker freedom. But I'm looking around for good prices on the type-A attys, and I find that rocky mtn vapor doesn't seem to have the 20% off coupon anymore? Anyone know anything about it? All I can seem to find is the 15% off coupon. Which is still a better price than anywhere else, on the type-A atty 5-pks, but I just wondered. Also is it still free shipping from rocky mtn for orders over $14?

thx!
Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
When I had appendicitis, I hated that I smoked, coughing hurt so much.

Yeah I was very fortunate that when this happened, the day I had surgery was my 109th day smoke-free -- so even the gen'l anesthesia, and the fact that I have asthma, caused me no issues whatever -- no coughing, no mucus, no asthma attacks, nothing; my lungs were so clear from 109 days of NOT smoking, it was like I had never been a smoker at all. It was a blessing all the way around, so I'm not about to go back to full-time permanent smoker.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread