Status
Not open for further replies.

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Shayol Ghul, The Great Blight
It's a tiny 1000mAh PCC, that has 2 mini little batterys. It operates at 3.7 volts I believe which is a vast improvement over a standard 510 or eGo battery.

Link: Joyetech eRoll launching (new design Mini-cigarette)

If it even had the mAh rating of a standard or XL 510 battery it would definitely be much better, but the 3.7v output is kind of cool if it's capable of using LR stuff.

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
I think they're trying to make it feel more like a cigarette experience. You carry your pack around, and it's the size and close to the weight of one, and it would definitely hit much better than a standard 510 or eGo battery. Best thing is, the battery lasts as long as a cigarette too!

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Really if you think about it, it would last longer than we give it credit for. When I first started vaping my standard 510 batteries would last about 1.5-2 hours of pretty heavy vaping, so you would be changing the batts a lot, but it would only take you about 10 seconds to do so, and this may have appeal to those that are still looking to a similar experience to a cigarette. Not everybody wants 6 oz of equipment. I've heard quite a few people say one of the things they dislike about vaping is not being able to hold it in your mouth, which i'm sure you can with this, and even changing the batteries would take no more time than opening a pack, taking out a cig, taking out your lighter, lighting the cig and closing the pack and putting it and the lighter away.

Definitely not for me but I do kind of miss the hands free operation of cigs sometimes.

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Holy crap is that what it says?! I didn't even look at the price. Hopefully anybody that stocks it won't charge nearly that much. This could be a perfect bridge for newb vapers if it is cheap enough. $35-40 sounds better to me. I may have been interested in something that felt even more like a real cig than the 510 kit I started off with, but if I saw $80 I would have thought they could go do something I won't even mention to themselves and just spent $40 on the Joye manual 510 kit I went with.

What does a 510 put out anyways? It's 3.2 right? Or is it the same as an eGo 3.3-3.4ish? It's been a very long time since i've even heard of anybody using one I can't even remember.

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Joyetech said:
Dear All,

Since our fashionable eCab available in the market, we have received a lot of appreciation of old and new customers.

Meanwhile we feel more and more people make a try to use the e-cigarettes for the health. In order to let more customers get used to e-cigarette than ordinary cigarette as soon as possible, we design eRoll. The design and the development of eRoll shows pretty, portable and fashionable.

We hope, eRoll allows you to have the same taste and feeling of the ordinary cigarette, allowing you to fall in love with the latest and greatest alternatives for the cigarettes. At the same time, we also believe eRoll are able to bring you surprise with fashion and high-class, look different from others.

Joyetech Marketing Department
October 5, 2012
Yuck, I hope it doesn't have the same taste as an ordinary cigarette.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
they're after the first 80 bucks a beginner will spend.

well,,,,,,,I myself wouldn't have quit if it weren't for a cig sized,,,,,,,and one of the only complaints I had about THOSE were the weight,,,,,,,,got used to it pretty quick,,,,,,,

I don't normally criticize the cig sized for that reason,,,,,,,I love mine,,,,,but one of my big complaints about those is the battery life.

IDK,,,,either it will be a big bust,,,,,,or wildly popular. Not sure which.

I don't know why joyetech made this device, especially after the ecab being SUCH a great device for those looking for something smaller....the ECAB is what needs a PCC. Sure you can charge eroll batts 10 times (or 11 maybe) before charging the PCC, but we already tried 90mah batteries. They didn't do the trick for most of us. I don;t care how much better they are than the old l88 style or whatever else it compares to...even for light vapers it's just not enough. So Joeytech, if you're listening, give us a PCC for the eCab and forget this other thing.

Sorry got, revved up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread