Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapin'Bolt

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2018
United Kingdom
vapinbolt.weebly.com
Tinker Tailor Touring spy…

joyetech Have been a part of my reviewing scene form some time now and I can say that I have enjoyed and enjoying every aspect of their kits. It took a while to get this one out and start using it due to its diverse approach. I am and was doubtful about the whole built of kit. However, let’s see what this has to offer…

resize_DSC_0332.JPG
resize_DSC_0333.JPG

Out the Box

This looks and feels like a great bit of kit, but its plastic and it won’t be everyone’s cup of tea. The kit comes in 5 different colour options Black, Blue, Red, Green and White. The kit retails at $92 USD or £73GBP. Top price is so expensive and this is the executive markup for all users.

The Cubis Max tank which is provided with NC Film Heater along with a spare and 6 cotton pads all cut to size. Spare glass for the tank.

A Micro USB for charging. Always in the box is the user manuals along with a warranty card.

resize_DSC_0334.JPG

The Build

This really is a great bit of kit I received the Green Edition. The device is 90x48x33m, approx. weight is 220g. Which is a nice size? In all honesty it is a good looking mod for day-to-day usage but its plastic which is slightly off-putting for me…but it may bite the bullet and be a good shout. However, the Tour is very sturdy in spite of it being made from plastic. The device itself is finished very nicely, with a nice feel in the hand.

What I like about the mod is that it really is great and there is no rattle from the mod or tank so feels very sturdy indeed. The power-up time is nearly instant and shutting down and firing is great with a nice clicky button. The menu system is easy to navigate through which makes it a nice mod to use. The output wattage is 1 -220W which is nice and can house other tanks. The battery requirements are 2no 18650s and I used two different types over the 10 day period.

Just remember that the 510pin located offset but central to the mod, which would only carry a max of 28mm tank nothing is really needed any bigger at all and am sure it will be nice from all aspects. I do still need to drop an RDA on the mod and see how that performs.

The kit the Cubis Max tank a new bit of kit sure to be well and truly making a mark in the industry I’m sure of it. The NC Film is very different, and I like how it works I’m glad they have gone from the ceramic heating element to the new Kanthal NC as it seems to be safer in the long run. I would recommend making sure that you do not exceed the 40w it requires as it can start to taste very metallic, I thought I would try it just to see its overall boundaries. The tank is sliding fill action something which is on most new tanks these days and it seems to work well.

The NC Film is very fragile but is very well maintained if you remember to give it a clean, I’ve done it once just to see how long it takes to clean. This may only take one clean I’m not sure but be sure they probably won’t be cheap to purchase new coils first time around.

The Espion Tour is designed as a regulated mod with the following protection features;

· Timeout protection

· Overcharge protection

· Discharge protection

· Short circuit protection

· Upgradable Firmware

· 2A Fast charge

resize_DSC_0335.JPG
resize_DSC_0336.JPG
resize_DSC_0337.JPG
resize_DSC_0338.JPG
resize_DSC_0342.JPG

Pros

· Good looking device

· Great battery life

· Nice flavours

· No leakages due to top airflow

· Easy, quick-wicking

· Compact design

· Very lightweight

· Great clicky button

· Nice ergonomic design

Cons

· plastic isn’t the best

· NC needs altering regular If using over 40w

resize_DSC_0343.JPG

Conclude

When I got this kit I was really disengaged with the quality I thought whyohh why a plastic mod. It needs to be tough. But we could say that about the Stabwood? Anyway, my point is that that plastic can and looks tacky at times.

I have dropped this kit twice by my own mistake and what has happened to it nothing! It still works well and it performs to the standard needed. I did get a few people comment saying its way to light for a mod but it really is what it is. I wouldn’t want to make it heavier now I have used it so it should be as it is.

The question is would I buy it? No, again it’s priced too much and to say its plastic it should be a lot cheaper than the everyday readily available options. However, it’s so light and compact and the design is great to be fair, the ergonomics are to be expected and I’m glad they have managed this well. Its hits well on both the Cubis and your cheaper options tanks and I even like how it works well with the other RDAs it would be too light to other people though

resize_DSC_0344.JPG

Equipment/Products Used

Mod – Joyetech Espion Tour – Green

Tank – Joyetech Cubis Max Tank - Black
E-liquid – Nasty Juice – Berry Series – Stargazing - 70/30 3mg
Coil – NC Film Heater (max. 40w) id risk going to 50w without chain vaping
Batteries – Sony VTC5a – 2600mAh & LG 3000mah 18650

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread