Status
Not open for further replies.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I loved my yellow/orange v1 till the fire button started sticking in, still think it is a awesome looking mod, but don't get why they changed to black buttons on the V2, think it makes it look a bit cheap, if they had made the whole top plate black it might of looked better, but prefer the all chrome look of the v1.

Reactions: OhTheAgony

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2011
    Netherlands
    Concerning the black fire button & top toggle .. if you have a broken V1, you can prolly transplant the chrome buttons to a new V2.

Do you know how the rocker switch is attached, can I just pull it off without opening the unit or is there a little bit more to it?

jefsview

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 2, 2013
    Crete, Il
    Is the V1 still worth buying for wattage only use? I dont think you can beat 101 prices if they will last.

Yes, definitely! I bought my first one when they were on pre-order and it hasn't skipped a beat -- still going strong. I never got into temperature control and use it strictly wattage mode. Love the form factor and the 3-4 days before charging (run less than 20 watts). My second unit has a crooked 510, but that's manufacturing for you.

KenD

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    kennetgranholm.com
    Is the V1 still worth buying for wattage only use? I dont think you can beat 101 prices if they will last.
    It's definitely worth it, and even if you use tc with ni200 or titanium. A great little (and gorgeous!) mod, even though I sold mine.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2015
    Thanks for the input, I ordered 1 of each color available from 101.
    Just made it, yellow is now sold out. Just received mine today :) Super fast shipping. Comes with a silicone case too. My yellow looks peach with the case and with my peach yogurt ejuice I'm matchy matchy.

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2011
    Netherlands
    My beloved VT is making a high pitched noise since the last time I charged it.

I think it used to make a sound too but that was more of a hum that was only audible when I put my ear close to the unit and it stopped as soon as the screen went off as far as I can remember. This is a louder noise that I can hear from a meter or two away and it's pretty annoying to someone with sensitive hearing as I have. If I put my ear closer to the device it's also ticking when it does that. It'll last for a minute or two after I pushed the fire button.

Should I be worried that it'll blow my face off if I keep using it or is there a simple explanation for this? I recall reading something about it earlier on when I went through this thread but I don't remember the details or how serious the issue is. It sounds a lot like the sound a capacitor makes before it's about to blow so it has me worried a bit.

Last edited:
    Reactions: pufZeppelin

jefsview

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 2, 2013
    Crete, Il
    It does emit a barely audible noise. There were quite a few remarks about it when it was first released. I usually only hear it when close to my ears. I thought it was more of a ticking sound, but it's been awhile since I tried to listen for it. It was in the design of the device, sort of the "heartbeat" as the program looks for an attached atomizer to determine if it is a TC or kanthal.If it detects non-temp wire, it forces you out of TC.

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2011
    Netherlands
    It does emit a barely audible noise. There were quite a few remarks about it when it was first released. I usually only hear it when close to my ears. I thought it was more of a ticking sound, but it's been awhile since I tried to listen for it. It was in the design of the device, sort of the "heartbeat" as the program looks for an attached atomizer to determine if it is a TC or kanthal.If it detects non-temp wire, it forces you out of TC.

I don't mind the ticking but the high pitched noise is much louder and new to my unit and it's pretty annoying.

It doesn't seem to do it all the time though luckily, but it still worries me a bit.

I just want to know if it's dangerous or not, and if not if more people have it. Mine is still under warranty so I suspect I could swap it for a new one if needed, but if they all do it after a while there's no point in exchanging it I guess.

Reactions: pufZeppelin

jefsview

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 2, 2013
    Crete, Il
    I don't mind the ticking but the high pitched noise is much louder and new to my unit and it's pretty annoying.

It doesn't seem to do it all the time though luckily, but it still worries me a bit.

I just want to know if it's dangerous or not, and if not if more people have it. Mine is still under warranty so I suspect I could swap it for a new one if needed, but if they all do it after a while there's no point in exchanging it I guess.

Check out some of the early reviews on Youtube. Some of the reviewers make mention of it. Not certain if it's the same noise you are hearing.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 6, 2013
    Florida, SW
    My beloved VT is making a high pitched noise since the last time I charged it.
    I think it used to make a sound too but that was more of a hum that was only audible when I put my ear close to the unit and it stopped as soon as the screen went off as far as I can remember. This is a louder noise that I can hear from a meter or two away and it's pretty annoying to someone with sensitive hearing as I have. If I put my ear closer to the device it's also ticking when it does that. It'll last for a minute or two after I pushed the fire button.
    Should I be worried that it'll blow my face off if I keep using it or is there a simple explanation for this? I recall reading something about it earlier on when I went through this thread but I don't remember the details or how serious the issue is. It sounds a lot like the sound a capacitor makes before it's about to blow so it has me worried a bit.

I just want to know if it's dangerous or not, and if not if more people have it.

Mine is still under warranty so I suspect I could swap it for a new one if needed, but if they all do it after a while there's no point in exchanging it I guess.

sure was talk/chatter about noises from the VT early on (I never heard any from mine) o_O
    can't say if it is dangerous, never heard of any troubles...

the unit DOES have a 'heartbeat' that it uses to monitor the Ω's which lasts about 4min after button push...?

but IF it bothers you, contact vendor to see what they say,
    and also getting it " on record " - just in case... ;)

good luck
    :confused:

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2011
    Netherlands
    I listened to it a bit more closely and it isn't a constant noise but rather some sort of changing frequency, so it's probably not going to explode, lol. I was a bit worried that it may have been the batteries making the noise initially.

I haven't timed it yet but I'm pretty sure it's the thingy monitoring the resistance you guys describe, but it just got louder for some reason
    24664313681_c43e9e55b4_o.gif

I have very sensitive hearing though, most people probably still wouldn't notice it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread