Status
Not open for further replies.

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
Wish I could've taken advantage of that sale, but I couldn't find any info on that site about international shipping plus they wouldn't take my payment method.

Oh well, I suspect there will be other opportunities in the near future.

On another note, my VT has shut up again thank god. Later that day when it first occurred I had this bright idea to turn it off and on again and for some reason that did the trick. Noise didn't return neither after I charged it again.

It still makes the noise of course, but I can only hear it when I put my ear to it again like before.

I guess mine is just as weird as the guy who owns it
24664313681_c43e9e55b4_o.gif

Speaking of weird things; I've never mentioned this before but mine only asked new coil/old coil once when it was new. Since then occasionally the question pops up when I swap tanks but the message just appears for a second or so and it is gone before my thumb even reaches the rocker switch to answer it.

But if I turn it off with unlocked resistance either with or without a tank on it, put on a new tank and then turn it on it always reads the resistance correct.

A mind of it's own I tell ya
24462279700_2cc68e3b1d_o.gif

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
yes sir
•you need to UN lock Ω
•then FIRE the unit WITHOUT a coil attached (no atomizer found)
that resets it , then asks UP? DOWN?

:D

No it doesn't :p

On yours maybe, but on mine the message just pops up for a second and disappears again before I can even move the switch to the left or to the right.

Told ya it's got a mind of it's own ;)

I don't really care though, as long as it does everything else right.

Reactions: pufZeppelin

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Just wanted to chime in about that Racing Yellow (orange) Evic VT: it's still going on the charge it came with, the resistance hasn't fluctuated and it's been performing flawlessly.

Looking forward to the newer release... hopefully this week or next. Vape NW did start their pre-orders on 3 colors.

Reactions: OhTheAgony

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
The noise I reported earlier seems to come and go, but I noticed something strange today.

When it's making the high pitched noise and I turn it off with five clicks, it still keeps on making the noise for a minute or two. And when it has shut up (still in the off position) but I hit the fire button again it starts whistling again for a minute or two.

Do they all do this, even when turned off?

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
My VT just deaded :(

It'll still come on but it can not make contact with any of my tanks all of a sudden.

Unfortunately the store I bought it from can't order the original VT anymore. They offered me my money back or a black VTwo instead. Apparently black is the first color that's released, at least over here, and the only available option right now.

But they mentioned they get a lot of Joytech products returned with this problem so I'm not sure if I want to gamble on another one.

Luckily I just got my little Nugget last week or I would be out of a vape entirely right now.

Still very sad though, RIP pretty mod :(

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
The spring loaded pin compresses and sticks down sometimes using tanks with long pins for a while. Then another atty wont make contact.. had it happen once, working the pin around raised it back up....

On a side note i had two other old half broke mods for backups and both of them wont turn on now... need to get a new low budget mod.. the coolfire 5 looks like a good deal.

it would probably relegate the vt to backup status though.. its gonna be about a year old this month! ... I've used it all day every day..

Reactions: jefsview

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
The spring loaded pin compresses and sticks down sometimes using tanks with long pins for a while. Then another atty wont make contact.. had it happen once, working the pin around raised it back up....

On a side note i had two other old half broke mods for backups and both of them wont turn on now... need to get a new low budget mod.. the coolfire 5 looks like a good deal.

it would probably relegate the vt to backup status though.. its gonna be about a year old this month! ... I've used it all day every day..

Yeah, I've had this problem before when I first got my Bachelors. The 510 connection is pretty short on those & I had to rig them up to make them work on the VT after the longer connection on my Toptank had pressed the 510 pin in further then it should.

I could probably get it to work again but If it's already problematic now after just two months of use I rather return it now that I still have that option.

If you're looking fora cheap back-up mod, the Artery Vapor Nugget really surprised me and can be had for around 25 bucks now. 19 even if you buy 5 at once. I might just stock up on those and forget about the Joyetechs altogether.

One last pic :(

27121107990_9a902a9948_b.jpg

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
My VT just deaded :(
It'll still come on but it can not make contact with any of my tanks all of a sudden.
Unfortunately the store I bought it from can't order the original VT anymore. They offered me my money back or a black VTwo instead. Apparently black is the first color that's released, at least over here, and the only available option right now.
But they mentioned they get a lot of Joytech products returned with this problem so I'm not sure if I want to gamble on another one.
Luckily I just got my little Nugget last week or I would be out of a vape entirely right now.
Still very sad though, RIP pretty mod :(

wow ! bummer - really sorry to hear this

alternative; have you thought about an adapter... ?

could put one of theses types on (510 Finned Heat Sink Adaptor) and forget about it...

- 3pcs 510 Finned Heat Sink Adaptor for Atomizers

just a thought :unsure:

upload_2016-6-7_10-20-13.png

Reactions: OhTheAgony

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
wow ! bummer - really sorry to hear this

alternative; have you thought about an adapter... ?

could put one of theses types on (510 Finned Heat Sink Adaptor) and forget about it...

- 3pcs 510 Finned Heat Sink Adaptor for Atomizers

just a thought :unsure:

I've looked for those recently but couldn't find them for a reasonable price, thanks!

Ordering some right away.

The VT is on it's way back for a refund, but I might just get tempted to replace it with another one after all...

:evil:

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I have waited, waffled and wasted time looking for the best deal on the new Evic Vtwo and finally placed my order. Vape NW is currently running a 20% July 4th sale, but show the Evic Vtwo as pre-order and only offer 3 colors (as pictured on site). I had wanted a burgandy and cool black, but since it still shows pre-order -- but in stock -- their site won't allow you to add 2 different models. So I bout 2 black ones! Comes out to $39.99 each, plus free shipping.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
My items still haven't shipped, although I received a notice that the "items were back in stock." I know VapeNW is reliable, and have purchased a few times from them. In fact, I think the original Evic VT was from the pre-order as well.

In other news: Joyetech is, once again, competing with themselves by releasing a new iStick device, now called iPower (under the Eleaf brand): 80W TC with a 5000 mAh built-in battery! A bit slimmer than Evic VT series but a bit taller with a rounded corner form factor reminiscent of the old iStick 50W. Biggest con is the USB port is on the bottom.

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
My items still haven't shipped, although I received a notice that the "items were back in stock." I know VapeNW is reliable, and have purchased a few times from them. In fact, I think the original Evic VT was from the pre-order as well.

In other news: Joyetech is, once again, competing with themselves by releasing a new iStick device, now called iPower (under the Eleaf brand): 80W TC with a 5000 mAh built-in battery! A bit slimmer than Evic VT series but a bit taller with a rounded corner form factor reminiscent of the old iStick 50W. Biggest con is the USB port is on the bottom.

Interesting, that iStick, thanks for posting that.

I mean, it's probably inevitable that I'll get one of the new ones with the racing stripes in yellow at some point but those black buttons are still rubbing me the wrong way..

Love the colors the Eleaf comes in by the way, gonna keep an eye out of reviews on both of them.

Very curious to hear how you'll like yours when you get them.

Reactions: jefsview

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
That istick 80w tc is a real nice looking device.. I waited and waited to get a back up to the evic.. Just got a new istick 50w a week ago for a back up and higher ohm builds since it goes to 10v...

Now, I wish it were the 80w in brushed stainless! They got me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread