Joyetech new eRoll MAC --- Lightness contains everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joyetech_Ella

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2018
www.joyetech.com
joyetech brings you the latest vape device --- eRoll MAC, an elegant all-in-one device that puts everything together — one vape pen, and two extra cartridges inside a simple and stylish enclosure. There are two parts within eRoll MAC --- PCC and vape pen.
61130446_1253040848186815_8620385347487924224_n.jpg

In terms of eRoll MAC PCC (portable charging case), it adopts the the fashionable mac style design, and comes with three simple colors: silver, black, and red. It plays dual roles as both storage case and charging case. 2000mAh PCC battery capacity helps to charge the vape pen over 8 times, while it only takes one and half an hour to get fully charged thanks to the type-c deign.
60882908_1252498451574388_1119712864718815232_n.jpg

In terms of vape pen, it adopts ceramic coil head, to get pure and soft taste especially for nicotine salt, making it perfect for MTL enthusiasts. There are three cartridges available, enabling you to swap cartridges to get different flavor. Besides, auto-draw activation helps you avoid pressing button to while vaping.
61372184_1256226874534879_8942582743082991616_n.jpg

Joyetech_Ella

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2018
www.joyetech.com
  • Deleted by Joyetech_Ella

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Joyetech brings you the latest vape device --- eRoll MAC, an elegant all-in-one device that puts everything together — one vape pen, and two extra cartridges inside a simple and stylish enclosure. There are two parts within eRoll MAC --- PCC and vape pen.
61130446_1253040848186815_8620385347487924224_n.jpg

In terms of eRoll MAC PCC (portable charging case), it adopts the the fashionable mac style design, and comes with three simple colors: silver, black, and red. It plays dual roles as both storage case and charging case. 2000mAh PCC battery capacity helps to charge the vape pen over 8 times, while it only takes one and half an hour to get fully charged thanks to the type-c deign.
60882908_1252498451574388_1119712864718815232_n.jpg

In terms of vape pen, it adopts ceramic coil head, to get pure and soft taste especially for nicotine salt, making it perfect for MTL enthusiasts. There are three cartridges available, enabling you to swap cartridges to get different flavor. Besides, auto-draw activation helps you avoid pressing button to while vaping.
61372184_1256226874534879_8942582743082991616_n.jpg

When will this be available?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I did. 1 Advanced kit with PCC and 1 simple kit so I could have one charged/charging and one in use at any given time. XD

(edited for spelling)
Yeah. My memory was you kind of needed to have two so you could keep a battery charging. The batteries weren’t good for a lot them being so tiny.

stratus.vaping

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2018
UK & much further East.
It seems that the "simple" kit- a cart, battery and charging cable is available now.

Joyetech told me that the full "Advanced PCC Kit" with the charging case will be available middle of this month.

They refer to "carts", they appear to be fillable and use a ceramic coil.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
So I've tried out my kit and I have a few comments/complaints/questions.

1.) When charging a battery in the PCC, the 4 PCC indicator lights remain ON while the eroll battery is charging (which also has a blue light that lights up when a battery is being charged). Can anyone tell me why on earth, the PCC 4 lights need to remain on, while a eroll battery is charging? I can understand the blue light (that's for the eroll battery itself) but why on earth does the PCC set of 4 white lights need to be on? This just seems like a battery waste to me for the PCC charger. But what I do know? I'm currently still charging my eroll battery in the device right now, so I can't tell you if all of the lights go out when the eroll battery is charged, or if only the blue led light goes out. I will update in a few... UPDATE: When the eroll battery is fully charged, both sets of lights on the PCC go out. I still don't know why the PCC lights need to be on when charging an eroll battery though. If anyone has ideas, please chime in!

2.) I wish the blue LED light at the end of the eroll battery lit up ENTIRELY (including the edges) like Blu batteries did. When I'm vaping, I want to see the light glow blue and you can't, unless your watching yourself in a mirror, or in a dark room, where you can see the light glow onto other surfaces as you drag on it. But actually looking at the end of the device while you draw on it, you won't see the light glow blue...this is a big disappointment to me. In vids I watched of this thing, it seemed that the vapor COULD see the light as well, when they dragged on it.

3.) Regarding leaking, I have 70VG in my carto, there is no leaking (so far)! I haven't tried 50/50 yet but I will on my next fill. I'm only using 3MG juice (no nic salts) and I can still feel a slight buzz when taking a drag on it. So don't think you need nic salts or some crazy high nic content to use this, you don't!

stratus.vaping

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2018
UK & much further East.
Haven't received my sample of the new full PCC kit yet so can't check, that LED setup does seem odd!

Joyetech took a long time to release the full kit after announcing for some reason ... also if they fall foul of the rabid Apple lawyers due to using "MAC" in the product name they will be "exterminated".

Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Drewps5co0tt

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Please post your experience once you get your kit if you don't mind. I watched Indoor Smokers vid for this kit on youtube and his PCC did the same thing. I realize the lights are probably LED lights and they probably don't use much power but still, it kinda doesn't make any sense to me why they stay on (once they show you how much the PCC is charged)...you would think those lights would turn off after say 5 seconds or something.

stratus.vaping

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2018
UK & much further East.
Please post your experience once you get your kit if you don't mind. I watched Indoor Smokers vid for this kit on youtube and his PCC did the same thing. I realize the lights are probably LED lights and they probably don't use much power but still, it kinda doesn't make any sense to me why they stay on (once they show you how much the PCC is charged)...you would think those lights would turn off after say 5 seconds or something.

I'll do a review as usual. LEDs should use very little current, 2 - 20mA draw is usual in small devices. I hate them if they stay on and are bright, I put tape over them if they disturb me!

• Useful
Reactions: gerrymi

Deamo

Aug 1, 2015
I was very hyped on the release, finally recieved my kit. Ordered an advanced kit, simple kit and some cartridges.

First of all im very surprised how good the small unit works.

-The price is good for the set, cartridge cost about 2-2.5 € / ~2.5$ (because of the ceramic atomizer it should be cost efficient in comparison to replace atomizer alone on other devices), it could be more hygienic for lazy people like me to replace the whole cartridge.
-Replacments available
-Flavour production is great for the size.
-Flavour is not bad (in comparison to icare mini a bit weaker in my opinion but maybe it will get better after some days of use, 1 day so far).
-Battery should be enough to bring you trough day, battery of the cigarette seems to be good enough for longer series
-Very lightweight and small size, you can hold it in your mouth for minutes. I guess the size is actually the same like a real cig
-If you care with you 3 cartridges the amount of liquid holds some hours
-The pcc is great and the technic so far is working good. I like the led system and in my opinion its great they are visible while charging the cig. If the pcc lies in front of you you can see the battery of the pcc in realtime. For example if it goes down from 2 leds to 1.
-It doesnt get as hot like others does, but you shouldnt hold the cig where the hole is (you can burn your finger =))
-The charging system of the cig is developed really great (pcc to cig) and should work for years (not like the icare mini with pins or others)
-Auto draw system is the best seen so far (i really used a lot cigalikes atleast 8 different models and no one was working as consistent like the eroll mac so far, it fires instantly and holds consistent over the draw. Many other cigalikes where unusable because of a bad auto draw system over time)
-No burn taste, it looks like the liquid flow works great. On many other devices i need to screw off the top/cartridge to release the pressure or tap on it to repair the flow.
-Top filling is cool but not a big plus, i dont see much time saving on filling top or on bottom. Both you can screw off quickly.
-Pull out and in for cartridges is great, replace one is very easy and fast

Some cons:
-You will get liquid in your mouth. This is very annoying and it happens very often 1x each 5 puffs. This problem needs to be fixed because it makes the device unusable unluckily. I tried on all 3 cartridges. Im a bit disappointed, its the first device "cigalike" in the past years with this problem from a legend. Using 50/50 pg/vg.
-You cant carry a second simple cig with you in the pcc. I tried to put in the cig from simple kit into the place where usually the cartridges are. It would be nice to have a second cig so one could be charged while the second is in use. But Joyetech made the place a bit shorter to avoid that out of wichever reason. May they release a mega pcc, or the pull out system isnt working fine for that case. In my opinion its necessary to have a second battery because if you forget to put in the cig and its out of battery you cant get your draw if you need it.
IMG_20190723_120201.jpg

Small cons:
-Its a bit hard to remove the top of the cartdrige, sometimes you need to use a paper ot the shirt to open it, even if you screw it on slightly (plastic is a bit slippery).
-Im not a fan of how you can get out the cig of the pcc. The old system from the first eroll i liked a lot more, but its not a big cons. There you could pull the knop and get out the cig with same hand. On the mac i recommend using both hands (else it may fall down) and it takes a bit longer.
-May the top fill plastic had could be a bit smaller to increase the amount of liquid.
-Because of the thin pcc may its hard to open the magnetic mechanism, i recommend to hold the pcc on top and bottom with the right hand while using the left hand to open the cover on right side.

Overall its one of the best cigalikes if Joyetech is gona release some new cartridges to fix the problems mentioned its a must have for cigalike lover like me.

Last edited:

orior

Aug 2, 2016
@Deamo I totally agree with all the cons you mentioned here.
I really hope Joyetech are reading here and taking notes.
It would be a shame if this cigalike will fail for the wrong reasons - usability problems, not a lack of market for cigalikes.
The tiny bit of juice on the lips here and there (even with 70VG I bought especially for it) totally ruins the experience.
I personally also think its draw is a bit too airy. I wish it had resistance like the ecab, but maybe I'm just used to a very tight draw..

Deamo

Aug 1, 2015
After heavy and longer use i could notice some problems on liquid flow into the atomizer, rarely but exist. Sometimes i need to open the topfill to stabilize the flow, else i get dry hits continuous. This is a known problem on this kind of e-cigs, but atleast its less often then in others.

In my opinion the cartridge could need a bit of rework too fix this problems, else the system is great. That could be done very easy afterwards.

Edit: But i need to say now i have less problems with liquid on lips/in mouth. On my review i have written 1x5 puffs now its about 3-5 times over the full tank. Firstly i would have said its a no go, now its ok ish. Yes it kills the experience thats true and it should be fixed nothing to discuss.

Last edited:

orior

Aug 2, 2016
Did you folks, deamo & dayvidpriddy, buy a full 2019 PCC MAC kit? Or review samples? From which country? I was just told that they have not been released yet. Confused.

They are released, I've bought both the simple kit and the advanced kit. You can find it on ali express and many of the chinese main vaping sites.
Unfortunately I've fell on a non-working advanced kit, the PCC is messed up and it's being investigated now by the seller.

• Useful
Reactions: gerrymi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread