Not open for further replies.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
upload_2017-7-29_16-30-28.png
:) lol , was just gonna start a thread to ask all these questions

bought the eVic Primo Mini and it came with the Aries tank - didn't care but had the tank and free coils so I tried it
turns out I really like it and the coils last forever... ;)

stupidly I bought a SMOK AL85 :facepalm: , it came with the BB TFV8 tank so I bought the RBA kit - then I gave the tank away :rolleyes:
then read around , discovered the BB RBA should fit the Aries - IT DOES NOT
the kit comes with RBA & Glass -- the BB Glass is the wrong DIAMETER to fit the Aries tank (length is probably correct, but moot)
and when you put the BB RBA into the ARIES tank it makes it TO TALL to fit together :cry:

I like the design and idea of the Remix, but that does me no good as it is a stand alone multi-tank system (only being able to create ONE tank at at time)
I still have a few of these Aries tanks that will get thrown in a drawer because I refuse to continually buy coils :sneaky:

so in my attempt to find an RBA to fit the Aries, I bought a new Melo RT 25 and and it offers a RBA (bought the tank just in case)
and WHOA-BUDDY -- biggest freakin coil I've EVER seen (ever) :shock: :shock: :shock: :ohmy: :ohmy: :blink: so needless to say "it ain't goin in the Aries tank"

upload_2017-7-29_16-6-25.png

so I have re-built the ProC coils as a single horizontal coil, just stuff'd the two extra exposed holes tightly with cotton...
seems to work pretty good but I just don't have the interest to play with them for now, but it does work...

the Aries ProCore tank does work darn good, but after I use up the coils I got, it will just get set aside until maybe a RBA is released...

:smokie:

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
:) lol , was just gonna start a thread to ask all these questions

bought the eVic Primo Mini and it came with the Aries tank - didn't care but had the tank and free coils so I tried it
turns out I really like it and the coils last forever... ;)

stupidly I bought a SMOK AL85 :facepalm: , it came with the BB TFV8 tank so I bought the RBA kit - then I gave the tank away :rolleyes:
then read around , discovered the BB RBA should fit the Aries - IT DOES NOT
the kit comes with RBA & Glass -- the BB Glass is the wrong DIAMETER to fit the Aries tank (length is probably correct, but moot)
and when you put the BB RBA into the ARIES tank it makes it TO TALL to fit together :cry:

I like the design and idea of the Remix, but that does me no good as it is a stand alone multi-tank system (only being able to create ONE tank at at time)
I still have a few of these Aries tanks that will get thrown in a drawer because I refuse to continually buy coils :sneaky:

so in my attempt to find an RBA to fit the Aries, I bought a new Melo RT 25 and and it offers a RBA (bought the tank just in case)
and WHOA-BUDDY -- biggest freakin coil I've EVER seen (ever) :shock: :shock: :shock: :ohmy: :ohmy: :blink: so needless to say "it ain't goin in the Aries tank"

so I have re-built the ProC coils as a single horizontal coil, just stuff'd the two extra exposed holes tightly with cotton...
seems to work pretty good but I just don't have the interest to play with them for now, but it does work...

the Aries ProCore tank does work darn good, but after I use up the coils I got, it will just get set aside until maybe a RBA is released...

:smokie:

Great info! And if you ever want to unload your Aries tanks, PM me. I now have 4 of them, but like the tank enough to want spares laying around so I might be interested.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
I got this tank with a kit and unfortunately I believe my tank is a lemon.

AFC ring adjusts very easily and juice seeps from the base around the 510. Sigh.

Unfortunate I like the way it vapes and it pairs great with my stash of BB coils.

Anyone else having this issue?

I haven't seen an issue like that so it is possible you're right. I'll state some a few possibly obvious things just in case you missed something...

Make sure you have an o-ring at the top and bottom of your glass. Obvious, but I somehow temporarily lost my bottom o-ring at one point, and it's thin enough that I didn't notice right away.

Try a new coil. Maybe it's just the coil that's defective. My guess is you've tried a few by now but thought I'd mention it anyway.

Maybe try higher VG juice? Again, probably not the issue being you were probably using this juice in another tank with BB coils.

I did have an issue like yours on another tank after filling the tank too fast with a unicorn bottle. Now I fill slower and close the air intakes when I do.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
So, has anyone confirmed that the Smok RBA indeed works in the Aries/Ello yet? All I have right now is the Ello that came with one of the Pico 25s that I bought. Not sold on the tank yet, but if I can buy an RBA for it (instead of coils for just that one tank), I'd be really interested. FYI, I have no experience with any SMOK tanks, so will need to know if the SMOK Baby RBA is worth seeking out.
I don't have BB rba, do have BBB rba & like it better than stock coils. Stupid easy to build wick.

DarthValentine

Aug 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
If anyone is curious, Joyetech's new ProC coils in the ProCore Aries are compatible/swappable with Eleaf's new HW coils in the ELLO and ELLO Mini.

Joyetech's ProC1 is a more airy draw than the HW1 & HW2. I personally much prefer the flavor of these new Joyetech coils as well so now I know I can get some use out of the iKonn I bought, especially since I like the ProC1 most at 50w and that's exactly what the iKonn is supplying on a fresh battery.

34423869261_b7814ca9e2_b.jpg
From the research I've done, and my own personal experience,
these are the coils that i've found to be cross compatible with Smok coils.
Forget about RBAs this is for coils only.

Definitely compatible with Baby Beast coils -
Eleaf Ello HW (x)
GeekVape Illusion Mini (*) Great coils (my favorite so far) but somewhat hard to find.
iJoy EXO S XS (z)
Joyetech ProC (x)
Smok TFV8 Baby Beast (*) imo the worst coils of all I tried. I've tried all except M2 but they're ordered and I'll update upon arrival) sometimes you'll get a decent pack but its hit n miss with Smok. Smok does not = Quality
Tesla H8 (z) pre-order
Vaporesso NRG GT (*) Just came in few days ago but so far I'm impressed (might be my new favorite but we'll see how they hold up). Love everything I own from Vaporesso. 3 mod/2 tanks.
Wotofo Flow (z) pre-order but should be good if they're from Wotofo

(*) = 100% sure as I own personally and have tested
(z) = confirmed compatible by manufacturer
(x) = confirmed compatible by other users
Trust this info at your own risk as I'm simply trying to help clarify things

Obviously the cross compatibility of these tank/coil combinations could theoretically vary due to some of the tanks having a chimney structure (GeekVape Illusion Mini) and the angles on some of the coils (Vaporesso NRG GT/Joyetech ProC) but they could all be interchangeable. Just something to keep in mind as I haven't checked every possible tank/coil combination.

Other Tanks that could be compatible but I'm unsure about -
Carrys T4 & T4-R
Sigelei SLYDR M
YouDe UD Zephyrus V3

Last edited:

DarthValentine

Aug 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
So these seem compatible so far.

Smok V8 Baby coils
Vaporesso GT coils
Eleaf HW coils
Joyetech ProC coils

Any others? I'm guessing that the Wismec WM coils may be compatible.

Yes, these are also compatible
iJoy EXO S XS
Tesla H8
Wotofo Flow

And these I'm unsure of but are possibilities.
Carrys T4 & T4-R
Sigelei SLYDR M
YouDe UD Zephyrus V3

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Which are the best for flavor?

I'm blown away by the Joyetech ProC coils (especially the flavor and airflow or the C1) and not so much by the Eleaf Ello HW coils. That's all I can comment on but I've been eying up the Vaporesso NRG GT coils but they better be amazing considering the price difference between them and the ProC coils.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
From the research I've done, and my own personal experience,
these are the coils that i've found to be cross compatible with Smok coils.
Forget about RBAs this is for coils only.

Definitely compatible with Baby Beast coils -
Eleaf Ello HW (x)
GeekVape Illusion Mini (*) Great coils (my favorite so far) but somewhat hard to find.
iJoy EXO S XS (z)
Joyetech ProC (x)
Smok TFV8 Baby Beast (*) imo the worst coils of all I tried. I've tried all except M2 but they're ordered and I'll update upon arrival) sometimes you'll get a decent pack but its hit n miss with Smok. Smok does not = Quality
Tesla H8 (z) pre-order
Vaporesso NRG GT (*) Just came in few days ago but so far I'm impressed (might be my new favorite but we'll see how they hold up). Love everything I own from Vaporesso. 3 mod/2 tanks.
Wotofo Flow (z) pre-order but should be good if they're from Wotofo

(*) = 100% sure as I own personally and have tested
(z) = confirmed compatible by manufacturer
(x) = confirmed compatible by other users
Trust this info at your own risk as I'm simply trying to help clarify things

Obviously the cross compatibility of these tank/coil combinations could theoretically vary due to some of the tanks having a chimney structure (GeekVape Illusion Mini) and the angles on some of the coils (Vaporesso NRG GT/Joyetech ProC) but they could all be interchangeable. Just something to keep in mind as I haven't checked every possible tank/coil combination.

Other Tanks that could be compatible but I'm unsure about -
Carrys T4 & T4-R
Sigelei SLYDR M
YouDe UD Zephyrus V3

Awesome, thank you!

Reactions: Letitia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread