Joyetech Procore: Head seal gasket deformed due to aggressive liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
I filled in a new liquid into the one Procore tank that hasn't been leaking on me so far last night, and now I see this...
20180828_164727.jpg

The white stuff around the 2 rubber gaskets has swollen/deformed and pressed on the gaskets in a way they created a new hole in each side which isn't sealed off properly from the topcap.

Can I expect this to be permanent damage?
I thought this weakness to citrus containing juices (cola in this case) was a thing of the past ???
*SIIIIGH*

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Oh no, that's rather unfortunate. What was the juice? I might contact your vendor/manufacturer to see if you can get replacement gaskets because no, I don't think they'll be returning to their former shape and anything I can see you doing, might not be such a great idea for your vape experience and health points so to speak.

Were all your other ones leaking the same way, because if so and if the gaskets are replaceable well, you could order more and replace them.

Alternatively, I guess you could cannibalize one of your leakers (if it was leaking for a different reason) and put the non deformed ones in THAT tank unless they were ALL leaking from the gaskets although I also genuinely don't know how easy a gasket replacement would be. I could see it going all the way from pretty easy to near impossible.

How old is it and is it still under warranty (not to mention "all" the others)?

Anna

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
o-rings for the tank are available. But unfortunately that isn't an o-ring and there aren't any replacement pieces.
That's why I'm seriously considering getting a SMOK tank for the same coils. Accessory bags, including everything including head gaskets, are freely available.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread