Judge Napalitano on E-Cigs and the FDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDarthJager

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2013
Texas
Give it time, the word "vaping" is gonna be the hot button of the century. I love how people are freaking out about this claiming this, that, and the other about e-juice when their are worse things that we put in out bodies and no one seems to care about. MSG is a neurotoxin but that doesn't stop it from being used in almost everything...sign...I hate stupid people.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I know right?

Well, since it happens to mostly be liberals who are threatening vaping, I'm not very surprised.... I really wish it wasn't a political issue and where one chooses to get your news had nothing to do with politics, but all I can say is that each and every one of us needs to pay attention to every vote we cast for local, state, and federal positions. If vaping is important to you, you should find out what your candidates think - and have some idea of whom they might appoint to certain positions and what they might think - and etc etc etc.

Interesting factoid and perhaps food for thought: Rush Limbaugh vapes and he buys his gear and juice from Totally Wicked.

GypsySyx

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Yes, it is fascinating that we would let the government do that to us. Good vid. Thanks for posting.

And I so have to disagree about that "mostly the liberals...." statement. The "liberals" aren't the ones who turn their noses up and ...... Not here. Frankly, as with so many things, making this political or making political divisions or statements about it is what just might make it so.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Yes, it is fascinating that we would let the government do that to us. Good vid. Thanks for posting.

And I so have to disagree about that "mostly the liberals...." statement. The "liberals" aren't the ones who turn their noses up and ...... Not here. Frankly, as with so many things, making this political or making political divisions or statements about it is what just might make it so.

I'm not going to get too deep in to the politics of this because the value is limited and folks tend to get angry... but if you care about vaping, you should spend some time figuring out where most of the anti-vaping sentiment comes from and who is in charge of agencies (state local and fed) that have been anti-e-cig as well as the anti-tobacco organizations who won't even spend a moment to learn what it is we vapers do or why we do it... all they know or care about is that it *looks* like smoking. There's plenty of information available about some of these organizations and agencies available from the ECF search box and lots more info to be discovered in your local news paper and national news websites about the individuals running such organizations and agencies. -- I'm not trying to offend anyone or argue any political point. The facts speak for themselves.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I know it's hard to believe, but here you go...

3 Democrat Senators urge FDA to "swiftly" propose regulation to apply Chapter IX of FSPTCA to e-cigarettes and other products
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...er-ix-fsptca-e-cigarettes-other-products.html

And then there is this monstrosity...
https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/112/s1403

Co-Sponsors
Sen. Richard Durbin [D, IL]
Sen. Tim Johnson [D, SD]
Sen. Frank Lautenberg [D, NJ]
Sen. Patrick Leahy [D, VT]
Sen. Barbara Mikulski [D, MD]
Sen. Patty Murray [D, WA]
Sen. John Reed [D, RI]
Sen. John Rockefeller [D, WV]
Sen. Amy Klobuchar [D, MN]
Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse [D, RI]
Sen. Jeanne Shaheen [D, NH]
Sen. Mark Begich [D, AK]
Sen. Michael Bennet [D, CO]
Sen. Al Franken [D, MN]
Sen. Richard Blumenthal [D, CT]

Nearly all of the legislation regarding "regulating" or "banning" electronic cigarettes has been initiated by Democrats.
I don't want to turn any of this into a partisan issue, but it already is.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest

3 Democrat Senators urge FDA to "swiftly" propose regulation to apply Chapter IX of FSPTCA to e-cigarettes and other products
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...er-ix-fsptca-e-cigarettes-other-products.html

Co-Sponsors
Sen. Tim Johnson [D, SD]
Sen. John Reed [D, RI]
Sen. Mark Begich [D, AK]
Sen. Al Franken [D, MN]

Nearly all of the legislation regarding "regulating" or "banning" electronic cigarettes has been initiated by Democrats.
It is what it is
:glare:

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC

SB648 here in California was authored by Dem Senator Elaine Corbett.

As it moved through the capital votes were almost strictly along party lines, until Corbett pulled the bill under political pressure from CalNORML

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
A fair discussion from Fox News??
What am I in The Twilight Zone or something?

Fox News has been the only major news outlet to provide several positive reports on vaping going back to 2011 with John Stossel's endorsement. They are against those trying to have vaping banned or severely restricted. The liberal media outlets are the exact opposite. And the politicians who called for vaping to be banned and severely restricted have one other thing in common: they are all liberal. These are just the facts.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I sympathize with those with Democrat leanings when it comes to this topic.
They don't want to think their party is out to get us, but the facts are what they are.

Just compare Fox News historical coverage with that of Huffington Post.
Or just look at any of the "mainstream" media coverage.

Why they are out to get us is a different question, but the fact that they are out to get us has been verified beyond dispute.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV

Co-Sponsors
Sen. Tim Johnson [D, SD]
Sen. John Reed [D, RI]
Sen. Mark Begich [D, AK]
Sen. Al Franken [D, MN]

Thanks for posting this information, DC.

It always amazes me that those on ECF of a decided left leaning persuasion can't seem to do "the math" and figure out that the "left nanny-state mentality" and the media that regurgitates it would love to kill vaping as well as a host of other life-choices that use to be common place.

It's no accident that the FDA tried to ban vaping completely in 2009 when a new administration came to power.

Last edited:

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Neither here nor there, but I believe Rush Limbaugh was using a Volcano product last I heard.

You're right. I always mix them up due to their identical (or nearly so) product offerings.

As to all of the political stuff... Well, admittedly, I am active politically. I make my best attempt on ECF to keep my views and feelings about politics toned down.

All I can say for sure is that I wish everyone would spend a few hours a month learning about those who represent them, the views those folks have, and what sort of effect it can have on individual rights, freedoms, and activities. I also really wish civics/govt classes still began around 4th grade and were mandatory at least through high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread