Juice flavor diminishing and proper storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nighthawk76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
Edmonton
I have noticed that over the past few days that with my t-rex clearomizer set up the taste quality of my black licorice and blueberry flavours is very weak. How should I be storing these? Currently in a cupboard, but maybe I need to refrigerate? I have swapped clearo's and I know it takes a few tanks to get full flavor but not sure if maybe my taste buds are not working the same as when I started. I think its a PG base. Any advice?

kariM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Lethbridge, AB, CA
Nighthawk - I am by no means an expert, but I have found that in the short time I have been vaping there are times when either I can't get much flavor out of any ejuice and at times nothing tastes good.

At first I would switch to a menthol and found that it helped - likely because it was a stronger flavor. Other times, I try drinking several glasses of water, brush my teeth or even rinse with a mouthwash. Sometimes this helps - others not so much. One other thing that would sometimes help is to eat something sweet. I am not sure if you were vaping before you joined ECF or if you are new to vaping.

I have just been storing my ejuice in a dark place. It is also my understanding that with some ejuice it is actually suppose to taste better after sitting for a few weeks or months. So - in your case I am guessing it might be changes to how your taste buds are working.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
You can always get a 2nd bottle with 2x flavor and use to "spike" your juice. Also, DIY flavorings and even other juices in similar flavor categories can do WONDERS to "fix" juice.

I have some strawberry juice that I bumped a little with other stawberry juice and/or some sweet strawberry DIY flavorings, for instance. I also sometimes add a ltitle peanut butter to my 555's, etc. Marshmallow, cotton candy, brown sugar can all be used to 'sweeten' up a juice too........stuff like that. ;)

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
i have also found when vaping the same juice a lot it will suddenly go dead. and switching for a day or so and coming back its like oh ok theres the flavor.
just make sure your not leaving the bottle open for no reason and it should be ok (unless its taking you weeks and weeks to go through it) then it really could be going dead.

thewrightstuff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Mineola, NY
Thanks, all......I have just gotten started a few weeks ago and noticed that there are times when a flavor tastes "different", not burnt like a dead carto, the vapor is still thick, but the taste changes, I have to look into this more.

I appreciate all of the advice that I have gotten here so far and hope to be able to pay it forward in the near future.

GinTnt

Jul 10, 2012
Midwest
Oh yes, I think a lot of us may go through that. I have had periods of time when I could taste absolutely none of my flavors. My first major discovery was that I was using a flavored denture adhesive which was masking flavor. Next one I found was a powerful oil wick air freshener. I removed/changed those things and that imroved things very much. Denture adhesive has a no flavor/no color/no zinc choice in the Poligrip line, if anyone needs to know. Next I found that once a clearomizer has reached it's maturity, it will lose the ability to give good flavor, no matter how clean it is. It's time to trash it, and move on to a new one. Amazing how that will improve the flavor for you. I don't use atty's anymore, they were too hard to clean out. I use Kangers now, with each dedicated to one flavor. I use little stickers to identify which is which, or sometimes the color of the tube will be the identifier. I have used a dot of different colored nail polish as a code also. Anyway, hope this info helps. :)

mfisher2

Verified Member
Oct 20, 2012
Van Buren, Arkansas
Oh yes, I think a lot of us may go through that. I have had periods of time when I could taste absolutely none of my flavors. My first major discovery was that I was using a flavored denture adhesive which was masking flavor. Next one I found was a powerful oil wick air freshener. I removed/changed those things and that imroved things very much. Denture adhesive has a no flavor/no color/no zinc choice in the Poligrip line, if anyone needs to know. Next I found that once a clearomizer has reached it's maturity, it will lose the ability to give good flavor, no matter how clean it is. It's time to trash it, and move on to a new one. Amazing how that will improve the flavor for you. I don't use atty's anymore, they were too hard to clean out. I use Kangers now, with each dedicated to one flavor. I use little stickers to identify which is which, or sometimes the color of the tube will be the identifier. I have used a dot of different colored nail polish as a code also. Anyway, hope this info helps. :)

I never thought of that! Great suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread