Juice got hot in the mail box

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickmurphy

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2010
san francisco
It's in the 90's today and today is the day the juices came. The poor things sat in the mailbox for maybe an hour. The mailbox is in the sun and the box got like an oven. The juice bottles were hot to the touch. I've read so much about storing and steeping in a "cool, dark place" that I'm wondering now what, if any, damage might have been done to the juices.

Surely this happens all the time, though. Mailboxes are frequently in the sun. Juice orders must occasionally get hot like this.

Have any of you had a similar experience? Was the juice okay?

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
It's in the 90's today and today is the day the juices came. The poor things sat in the mailbox for maybe an hour. The mailbox is in the sun and the box got like an oven. The juice bottles were hot to the touch. I've read so much about storing and steeping in a "cool, dark place" that I'm wondering now what, if any, damage might have been done to the juices.

Surely this happens all the time, though. Mailboxes are frequently in the sun. Juice orders must occasionally get hot like this.

Have any of you had a similar experience? Was the juice okay?

The best answer to this is dependent on the flavorings in the juices because those are what is being effected by the heat. I've noticed the natural extractions are more prone to this type of spoilage after long exposure to heat opposed to the artificial flavorings. The VG tobacco line should be fine as well as most of any of the blends with PG in them. The only ones I would worry about are the 100% VG sweet flavors as most of those are naturally extracted flavorings (Banana Slurry, Very Berry Blueberry, Strawberry Cooler are the ones I would really worry about) the rest should be fine.

patrickmurphy

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2010
san francisco
Thank you, Porphy. I'm less worried now that I read your answer, although probably half my order was 100% vg and the rest were "fruity", but I got none of the ones you mentioned (there was Mountain Berry and Pineapple Pulp in my order though). I put them all in a dark, cool box and haven't opened them (I read somewhere about oxidation starting when they first get opened). I guess I'll know when I try them. I just hope that an hour is not considered "long exposure".

Last edited:

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
I'm in Houston.......it's hot as what down here.......I leave juice in my car all day while i'm at work.........never had a problem. Then the ones in my mail box sit until I get home at 8pm.........still never had a problem. I vape at 24mg, AVE (PG) or menthol stuff & haven't experienced a flavor loss

WyattDerp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2011
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
I'm in Oklahoma and it has been in the 100's all week but thankfully my mailbox is 1) three feet away from my front door, 2)the mailman comes around 9 am and 3)my mailbox is in the shade. So na na na na boo boo. That is all.

But in all sincerity, I hope your eliquid made it okay. Peace love and chicken grease.

bjannr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
I always keep a few small bottles in my work bag. I work midnight shift, so my car is parked in the sun all day. There are times when I forget to bring in my work stuff, so a few of my juices have been exposed to sun and heat. I don't know what it does to the nicotine content, but I haven't had any taste bad or turn funky colors. I will say that there have been various vendors, and PG/VG mixtures included in my car juice.

Critter Man

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2010
Minnesota
Had a bottle of tobacco (not tobacco inspired) flavored VG show up very badly spoiled during a heat wave. I suspect it sat in a hot vehicle without shade. That *could* have brought the temperature up to 130 or more and it *might* have lasted a while. Tested it on a known good atty and got horrible burnt plastic taste. The liquid itself even smelled awful. Cleaned the atty, primed with a good liquid and all was fine in the world.

pmoraldo

REO Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gilbert, Arizona
The best answer to this is dependent on the flavorings in the juices because those are what is being effected by the heat. I've noticed the natural extractions are more prone to this type of spoilage after long exposure to heat opposed to the artificial flavorings. The VG tobacco line should be fine as well as most of any of the blends with PG in them. The only ones I would worry about are the 100% VG sweet flavors as most of those are naturally extracted flavorings (Banana Slurry, Very Berry Blueberry, Strawberry Cooler are the ones I would really worry about) the rest should be fine.

crap i just ordered some very berry and strawberry cooler last nite and they're getting shipped to my home mailbox here in AZ where the temp are well over 100 Wish i would have read this last nite cuz I have a PO Box I could of shipped to but my street address is more convient

jkoppk

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2011
hanover,PA.
My mailbox was black and if I missed the mail man my juice would be hot to the touch and a few sweet flavors went bad.Because of my work schedule I can't always be home when its delivered so I painted my mailbox a reflective silver.Guess what,now on the hottest days if my juice sits in the mailbox it's only warm and nothing went bad after that.Only bad thing is my wife still .....es about it a few times a week!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread