Juice had change in throat hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosmoke12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Soo I have a weird question that I can't quite accurately put into words. So I've been a little sick since monday (cold cough crap) and been better and last night I have vaping my Monster bash 60/40 18mg (in my EVOD) that I've been loving and I took a couple drags and the throat hit was just about non existent, usually I feel it warm up/hit the back of my throat but now it just lightly tickled it? It's hard to describe what it felt like, but it's not hitting like it did and it kept making cough because it just like tickled my throat, and felt like I wasn't inhaling anything, like I smoked Marlb reds, and itd be similar from going to reds to a drag of some ultra lights.

So I switched to another flavor 60/40 24mg in an EVOD and that one was hitting just fine, so today the monster bash kept doing it and I emptied out my EVOD replaced the head/coil (it was getting old) with a new one, and cleaned out the tank. filled it back up with some of the monster bash juice and tried it again, and it's still giving me weird throat hit, and the taste is a little off sometimes. but occasionally I get a couple good draws mixed in with all this nonsense. did my juice go bad? anybody ever have anything like this happen?

Last edited:

GtrSoloist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
USA
You might try cleaning the threads on the evod / batteries. You may not be getting a solid, consistent connection.

Another thing to consider is that the juice you are using may just be an atty killer. I've come across several liquids that after sitting for a while will instantly coat and clog the head... forcing me to either replace or dry burn the gunk off the coil. Those are the juices I drip.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I've never used evods from how often I've heard about how liquids gunk up easier in them. I'm not one to dedicate a time period every night to clean out my atomizer heads, so I just use cartomizers. If the evod's are working for you, the sweeter and thicker the liquid is, the more you will have to clean your heads. Some people clean theirs every night without fail, and they have stuck with the bottom coil clearos with pretty intense dedication.

Are you getting the same amount of vapor? You could be having some serious voltage drop. I've had the tickle before, to me it's happened on my friends K100 and a few times when I'm just starting up a coil that I've built myself. But the K100 of his had a really bad voltage drop and would literally tickle my throat. Cleaning the threads may help, try doing a dry burn and seeing if you can get your coils to get red hot, once you've kinda burned through em anyway, no need to destroy nice new coils :) juices can be wierd as well, some crack tanks, some gunk up, some work so well you'll use em forever, most are flammable. Yea. Fire.

nosmoke12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
I kinda tried cleaning the battery threads (the inner set) with a paper towel, and I don't think this juice is an atty killer, obviously I don't know yet but I had another energy drink flavored one from MBV and that atty lasted for many many refills. I guess after a day or two, I'll try to clean the new head I put in and maybe try and do a dry burn on it and see how that works. Is there a better way to try and clean the battery threads that I could try? thanks for all the input :)

GtrSoloist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
USA
Some juices are just gunk prone. I use qtips (sometimes flattened if needed) and 91% isopropl alcohol to clean the threads on both the battery and the clearomizer. It cleans well and evaporates fairly quick. Be careful with the dry burn, sometimes the flavor wicks in evod heads are cotton and not silica (if memory serves), so they could potentially burn up.

nosmoke12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
thanks for the info, I'll for sure try out the battery cleaning, I have yet to try a dry burn, haven't been vaping that tank as much. It just confuses me since I used the juice for a good 2 or 3 days of decent amount of vaping and then the hit just changed, I'm getting a vision spinner and a protank 2 monday and some 1.8ohm protank/evod heads tuesday so maybe those things can fix it

Jcdew67

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2013
Nashville,TN
I use the Evod with 1.8ohm heads and I have never gotten what you describe. If you put a new coil in and it does same thing but doesn't with other juices the problem seems to be the ejuice.

Maybe the ingredients in it are causing the problem,have you tried shaking it well also?

All my family and relatives that used to smoke and now use ecigs and not one of them has ever had a problem like you are having.

nosmoke12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
I shake it once or twice a day for about 3 days or so after I get the juice and I usually shake it up good and then fill my tank. I'm thinking maybe I got a bad batch or something but I will keep trying to clean parts and shake the juice well and see what happens, it just sucks cause the flavor was awesome! and now it's alright just the throat hit is different. thanks for all the input everyone

GtrSoloist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
USA
Happy to help. I've had similar issues with the Protank (which I like much better than the evod) and I've noticed 3 things that can cause them to mimic your problem:

1) The base threads (or battery) have a buildup of oxidation preventing a good connection,
2) The juice itself burns which coats the coil with a caramelzation, preventing the liquid from vaporizing properly, (so now your vapeing the burnt stuff) or
3) The juice is not wicking properly which causes the rubber gasket in the head to melt or burn, or burns/melts the wick which effects the flavor from that point on.

Note: When using a tank, juice is wicked into the coil when you use it. When not in use or when it is moved (think gravity) the partially burned liquid flows back and mixes into the juice in the tank. This of course can effect overall flavor and consistency. To somewhat mitigate this, I personally shake the tank itself to mix the liquid up before I start vapeing from it if it has been sitting for while. TLDR: Shake the tank b4 vapeing it. :)

Best of luck, I think you're really going to like the Protank II and the spinner. I would suggest trying to vape the juice at a LOWER voltage to rule out burning juice. Start at 3.3-3.4 and work your way up to the sweet spot.

nosmoke12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Well right now I shook up the actual tank itself that had the juice in it and i've gotten some good consistent hits! I guess shaking it up is at least part of the problem, I just hadn't had a juice do that to me before hand, didn't realize how easily they can sit and separate!

and Michaelad- I'm pretty new to vaping and haven't tried too many vendors, but so far I like getting juice from Mount Baker Vapor, and Heathers Heavenly Vapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread