Juice leaving a lingering aroma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trox.Shawn

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Des Allemands, Louisiana
I have been using only tonic liquid as of late, but even though I have around 120mL left I may need to chunk them. So far the 4-5 flavor I have used seem to leave a strong lingering aroma behind. At first it did not bother me; it only bothered my girlfriend, but now it's starting to sicken my stomach as well when I walk back into a room that I had been chain vaping in.

What is going on? Is it the juice? My set up?

I use either an alpha (3.7), Reo mini (3.7), or my Provari with either a 510-T, Dual Coil 510, LR306, LR510, or 3.0ohm CE-2's

GregH

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Georgia USA
Oh, yeah. That's another one. But I admit to not liking that one at all (sorry, Steve). So I didn't use it enough to notice if the aroma lingered.

I think it's actually common for some of the stronger-flavored liquids to leave behind an aroma. I remember reading in some thread that someone was joking that their vapor smells like Jolly Rancher Watermelon candy. "So who could hate that?", the person rhetorically asked. Well... I can. That smell makes me ill.

But this illustrates the problem with liquid reviews/opinions. It's all too subjective and personal. Some might not smell them at all, while others might actually like the smell. For all I know, the Johnson Creek liquids I mostly use leave a smell too. But I've used them so long, I don't notice it anymore.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
Anything Honey flavored makes my GF think the cat urinated in the room... so I had to stop vaping honey flue cured and other honey flavored liquids.

I just have minty Tonic vapes... so the smell is rather pleasant on my end.

In any case, many tobacco flavored vapes leave a smell that isn't terribly wonderful - sorry for your dilemma...

GregH

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Georgia USA
I swear, I thought this stuff wasn't suppose to have an odor.

That's a misconception often stated by vapers, and it's wrong. A lot of liquids generate vapor that doesn't have an odor, especially the Chinese liquid often used in pre-filled cartos. But as more and more vendors started making their own liquids in an infinite catalog of flavors, odors have crept in. So we thought it was safe to say it leaves no lingering odor, as opposed to cigarette smoke. But that's turning out to not be true for some liquids either. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread