Juice separating? Adding your own sweetness? (Amaretto Stone Sour, love it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oscill8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
sf bay area
First of all, holy moly but do I like this juice. I am not really a drinker so I don't know if's it's accurate to 'the real thing,' but it's sharp and orangy with an interesting exhale (the amaretto?) that makes it nicely not just an average orange flavored juice. Pretty hard TH too; I can take or leave throat hit but the citrus + th is kind of a interesting sensation. TV's mojito is my ADV, but I'm digging on this one too. (Maybe it's a good thing I'm not a drinker, since I like the alcoholic flavors the most? :))

Anyhow, I bought a bottle this week and notice it is separating-- the top 5% or so looks yellow and "oily" and sits on top of the rest of the juice in the bottle. I do shake it before filling my T3, but it's separating in there as well after filling. It has only been 3 days, but will it ever be a homogenous mixture? I've been shaking my batt + T3 before vaping, but I feel a bit silly doing that and don't know what kind of difference it makes, if any. Anyone else know if Amaretto Stone Sour (I just was going to abbreviate that, but...) will eventually gel into a single colored juice or should I just keep shaking? Fwiw I already shake juices daily and before filling a carto/clearo.

Also, I'm not really a sweet fan but want it to be a touch sweeter-- the juice itself smells much sweeter than it tastes, like frozen orange concentrate. I don't want it THAT sweet, but just a little more than it tastes now. If I pick up some sucralose from TV how much should I try adding? I did order it sweetened and it is. Do you think I should add it directly to the Kanger T3 or the whole bottle itself? I've never tried altering the sweetness on a juice before.

Thanks!

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
That's Orange Oil. And it has been a serious pain in our butts. Usually with any essential oils we use in a liquid, it's easy enough for us to use alchol (200 proof grain alcohol) to help break that oil down so it will properly incorporate with the rest of the liquid, and in most cases with the oils we use, it works perfectly fine, but orange oil.....many, it insists on being a pain.

It's more likely we'll have to revise this recipe to minimize this separation, which will augment the flavor, but if the end result is that it solves the separation problem, GOOD.

Also figure, what you're seeing happen in the bottle, is also happening to a minor degree in your carto or tank. We'll deal with this.

oscill8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
sf bay area
Hey Geoff, thanks for the input! I noticed it separating in my Kanger T3 too, but would just swish it around :) Even with the separation I was happy to note the flavor stayed the same as I vaped, whether I shook it around or not.

I love your orange-- it's like, when I was a kid I'd be in charge of making orange juice from the frozen cans, and I'd sneak a spoonful or three of the halffrozen sludge behind mom's back. So bright and spoton, loving it in pine/orange/banana (unsweetened) too. (That one didn't split.) Excited to try your new formulation :)

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
So, we've adjusted a few recipes so that any use orange won't be guaranteeing separation in tanks or the liquid bottle itself. At this point the ONLY thing that might cause separation is excessive amounts of VG, ie. 30%+ VG liquids.

The orange oil is GREAT. While we wish like crazy there were a few flavors that we can get that are of a certain concentration and water soluble, it seems we've had the best flavor results from using essential oil in a few cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread