Status
Not open for further replies.

kalison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
SLC, UT
Hello everyone!

So I am now the proud owner of a black V2 ProVari. I love it. It looks great, feels great and appears to work great.

One thing though, I have been using a "Cylon" Lavatube for a while now. I think its the 1.5 Chrome.

My juice on the Cylon tastes incredible... I mean just so full of flavor and vapor. My ProVari on the other hand (both set to the same voltage and (same tank/carto) the juice just does not have the same flavor or throat hit. It's not a bad taste or anything, but the flavors are just not as rich as on my Cylon. I tried using my drip atty as well... same thing.

Now I know that the Cylon 4.8 might not be the same as the ProVari 4.8, but it should be very close.

Is there something that I am missing or not doing differently on my ProVari?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hottody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Temcula CA
The Provari is likely right on target at 4.8. My Vmax on the other hand hits harder at 4.8. My suggestion is go on taste for your Provari rather than comparing voltage settings. You should be able to duplicate the flavor profile to your liking this way. Good question though, I'm sure others will provide a more technical answer. :)

kalison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
SLC, UT
The Provari is likely right on target at 4.8. My Vmax on the other hand hits harder at 4.8. My suggestion is go on taste for your Provari rather than comparing voltage settings. You should be able to duplicate the flavor profile to your liking this way. Good question though, I'm sure others will provide a more technical answer. :)

Thanks Tody!

Yeah I have been playing around with the ProVari quite a bit up and down and up and down... just doesn't quite hit that sweet spot, but I will keep trying!

Thanks for the input!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Now I know that the Cylon 4.8 might not be the same as the ProVari 4.8, but it should be very close.

Is there something that I am missing or not doing differently on my ProVari?

I have a Provari and a Mini-Lavatube.

For any Given e-Liquid on the same ohm Carto, the Lavaube needs to be set .2 volts Lower to taste the Same.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The LT or the Provari?

Just want to make sure.

If I take a Carto right now and screw it on my Provari, it tastes Best at 4.2 volts.

If I then screw the Carto on my Mini-Lavatube, it tastes Best at 4.0 volts.

I have read that it has to do with PWM Filtering or Volts under Load. I dunno.

All I know is that the Number on the my Mini-Lavatube needs to be .2 volts Lower to taste the same as my Provari.

So it doesn’t surprise me when you said that for the Same Number on the Screen of your Cyclon it doesn’t taste the same as with the same number on your Provari.

kalison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
SLC, UT
No problem...

I think what you will find is that your Cyclon (or your Provari - whichever way you want to think about it) is shifted either Up or Down from what the Actual Voltage is.

Looks like you are about right on. I upped it and lowered it a bit and found the Pro is best at 5.0. Mimics the warm vape I'm used to. I'm guessing the pro is actual voltage and my lavatube is not as accurate. That's assuming the pro is everything it's reputation says it is.

Thanks again!

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Looks like you are about right on. I upped it and lowered it a bit and found the Pro is best at 5.0. Mimics the warm vape I'm used to. I'm guessing the pro is actual voltage and my lavatube is not as accurate. That's assuming the pro is everything it's reputation says it is.

Thanks again!

Yeah, it sounds like there was about .2 volt Difference between the Provari and your Cyclone.

As long as you know that your Cyclone seems to be running a little Different, it should be a problem adjust when you switch from Cycle to Provari.

BTW - Doesn't the Provari feel Rock Solid and Built to Last when compared with a Lavatube?

kalison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
SLC, UT
Yeah, it sounds like there was about .2 volt Difference between the Provari and your Cyclone.

As long as you know that your Cyclone seems to be running a little Different, it should be a problem adjust when you switch from Cycle to Provari.

BTW - Doesn't the Provari feel Rock Solid and Built to Last when compared with a Lavatube?

Yes! The provari is just a solid block. No wiggles no loose parts. It's sooooo hard to explain. I wrote off provari for a bit because I just couldn't imagine something costing so much to be that much nicer than my lavatube, mine is the all brass chrome plated... It's no slouch and doesn't feel really cheap, but it's nothing like the feeling of the provari.

I feel it's like icing on top of the fact that I wanted something highly accurate, safe, reliable and not to mention there is something to be said about simplicity. One button, simple interface and cleeeeeeean lines!

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yes! The provari is just a solid block. No wiggles no loose parts. It's sooooo hard to explain. I wrote off provari for a bit because I just couldn't imagine something costing so much to be that much nicer than my lavatube, mine is the all brass chrome plated... It's no slouch and doesn't feel really cheap, but it's nothing like the feeling of the provari.

I feel it's like icing on top of the fact that I wanted something highly accurate, safe, reliable and not to mention there is something to be said about simplicity. One button, simple interface and cleeeeeeean lines!

I hear you...

The ECF has about 2 Million Lavatube vs. Provari Debates. I have read Hundreds of People who Don't own a Provari say they can't Understand what is so Great about it. I would just smile while taking a hit and think "They don't know what their Missing".

I like my Mini-Lavatube. It works. But it doesn't come close to the Feel of a Provari.

kalison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
SLC, UT
I hear you...

The ECF has about 2 Million Lavatube vs. Provari Debates. I have read Hundreds of People who Don't own a Provari say they can't Understand what is so Great about it. I would just smile while taking a hit and think "They don't know what their Missing".

I like my Mini-Lavatube. It works. But it doesn't come close to the Feel of a Provari.

It's the little things too. Like the 510 threads. Perfectly level and even with the top of the drip well. The threads are finely made, the cut outs for air are evenly spaced and yet not a sharp edge. Not to mention the threads themselves are tight and precision. Never has a cart or atomizer felt so smooth as I mounted it. The carts don't wiggle, no play as its screwed in.

I digress.

I'm preaching to quire, but it really has to be seen and used I think, to fully appreciate it.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It's the little things too. Like the 510 threads. Perfectly level and even with the top of the drip well. The threads are finely made, the cut outs for air are evenly spaced and yet not a sharp edge. Not to mention the threads themselves are tight and precision. Never has a cart or atomizer felt so smooth as I mounted it. The carts don't wiggle, no play as its screwed in.

I digress.

I'm preaching to quire, but it really has to be seen and used I think, to fully appreciate it.

I'm with you 100%.

The Fit and Finish is Excellent.

It's the Parity between something that is Mass Produced and Cranked out as Fast as Possible. Verses something that cost More so the Manufacture can pay for Better Materials, Better Workmanship and Better Inspection.

The Lavatube and the Provari do the Same thing. The Provari just Looks and Feels So Much Better Doing it.

I'm Glad you got one. So you know now what we have been Talking About.

:D

kalison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
SLC, UT
I'm with you 100%.

The Fit and Finish is Excellent.

It's the Parity between something that is Mass Produced and Cranked out as Fast as Possible. Verses something that cost More so the Manufacture can pay for Better Materials, Better Workmanship and Better Inspection.

The Lavatube and the Provari do the Same thing. The Provari just Looks and Feels So Much Better Doing it.

I'm Glad you got one. So you know now what we have been Talking About.

:D

Trust me. I am too!

I also found I need to ride my tanks a little higher for more air flow. Seems to help a lot. I think I might cut some vented slots on my j tanks for a more flush fitting

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
The newer versions of the LT's do some blackmagic with voltage, thats why they taste different. They boost to 6v and then use PWM to mimic the voltage selected. If you select 3.0v it will run at 6.0v with a 50% duty cycle pulse. I never could get Boba's to taste the way I like it on a LT because of this. The 6v would bring all the tobacco flavors to the front and the sweet notes were gone. It's one of the main reasons I got a Provari. Now one of my favorite juices is back in the rotation.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Trust me. I am too!

I also found I need to ride my tanks a little higher for more air flow. Seems to help a lot. I think I might cut some vented slots on my j tanks for a more flush fitting

Not sure if this would work for you and your setup,

But what I do to increase the airflow in CE2's is to Open Up the Diameter of the Two Side Holes ring above the Treads on the Battery Connector.

I use a 1/16 Drill and just Drill enough to Open Up the Side Holes. About a Second of Drilling is all it takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread