Juice too thick to vape??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokingBullet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2010
Southern Utal
So I get an order today and can't wait to try them. They were purchased at the recommended PG/VG mix by the supplier.
Although the mix is 50/50, its dark in color and extremely thick. Was worried about my atty but made sure I cleaned it after vaping it. Next step, time to try it in a carto. Took out a new carto and filled it, took forever because of the thickness. After letting the carto sit for about an hour, I decided to vape.
This juice is too thick to vape! I'm drawing on the carto so hard my jaws hurt! I'm not going any further in explaining this one LOL.
Tried another carto, same thing so I know it's not a DOA carto.
I'm not a DIY'er so I'm wondering if this juice can be diluted with anything which won't change it's taste. Any suggestions? :confused:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Carto? 50/50 may be too thick for a carto. I don't have much experience with cartos yet but I asked someone at Vapor Junction what a good ratio would be for their CE2 r4 cartos and he said he used 80/20 and he thought 70/30 might be good too?

Hopefully someone more familiar with cartos could help. Does your carto have stuffing or is it a reservoir type?

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
I vape 100% vg on a boge 2.0 carto....its never too thick!..

ok if your dealing with the really thick stuff...the stuff that sits on top of the filler material for over 60 seconds before wicking in...use a syringe to get it down inside the carto or pull the filler away from the side with a thumb tack to make sure it soaks in there...you want to make sure your not loosing your juice to that center hole as that is just flooding your carto.

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
is your cartomizer like this?
1281-images.jpg

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
I have put pure vg in a kr808/boge and as long as I don't get it in the center hole...it wicks...whats more only the center hole should be affecting air flow, if the unit is like the above picture...I just tested this and you can fill the outer area with epoxy and get better airflow than if you clog the center hole with epoxy. (this was screwed in but..for obvious reasons.. not powered on.)

now thickness does affect performance on the ce2's, and it does make a difference in how fast/ and method used on filling the boge.

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
I loaded a brandy new C-E2 R4 XL 2.4ohm carto with VoidMist, Cinnamon Mist, 18mg/mL, 50/50 Pg/Vg, I've been a hittin it all day pretty steady. Seems to be wicking fine for me. I use nothing but cartos, and for the past 5 weeks, nothing but E2 XL's. Weeks ago I had what I thought were wicking problems. My solution then was to load two cartos on two identical PV's and switch back and forth between them when I detected a change in the vape. But, that was weeks ago. Haven't had any problems lately. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread