juice turning brown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swissfactor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
allentown pa
im having a problem with my juices turning dark in the clearos novas and t2 i use....if i leave them in the clearo overnight, i will wake up in the morning and find the pink or clear liquid i put in the night before has turned a browner color, and it has a slightly burnt taste. any recommendations? if it helps i have an ego twist. thanks for your help

llamainmypocket

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
United States
Turning brown inside the bottle is part of the stepping process. Turning brown inside the tank is liquid either/or being heated by the atomizer or liquid being darkened by a dirty wick. I don't know your device but I suspect it is a wick issue.

As for the burnt taste that's a dirty coil in your atomizer. You should clean the wick and atomizer or replace it.

llamainmypocket

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
United States
thanks...any links on cleaning nova wicks or should i just replace them...should i clean when changing flavors?

I had been cleaning my wicks but recently decided to replace them. The atomizers I soak in vodka and dry burn. I use an ego-c atomizer.

I clean once a week and I think that is more frequent than normal. It is not necessary to clean between flavors. If I used a strong flavor that lingers then I'll just twist into something that blends well like from cinnamon to cherry to chocolate to mint.

There is one thing I've noticed is that if you get your atomizer nice and clean but the wick remains dirty then I'll notice a foul taste for a while. That's why I decided to buy wicks separately.

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
I've noticed this happening too, especially in some clear cartos I bought awhile back. I like kena's theory on carmelizing from the heat. I have also had some 100% VG juice that started to turn brown right in the bottle! I asked the manufacturer about it and they said exposure to sunlight will also do it, but that it was still vapeable. I was afraid it was molding or something biohazard like. Yuk. :ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread