Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So basically boils down to if you don't mix your own juice after the ban, he won't be able to get it pre-made juices?

Depends.

There are a Lot of B&M's in the Palm Beach area. And I'm sure that some of them will Still be in Business after the Shipping Deadlines hit.

Palm beach fl vape shops - Google Search

Now will you be able to get the Same e-Liquid you are using now? Probably Not. And will Most of these B&M's be in business 3 Months from now? Maybe Not.

But we are Not Off the Edge of the Cliff just yet.

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Depends.

There are a Lot of B&M's in the Palm Beach area. And I'm sure that some of them will Still be in Business after the Shipping Deadlines hit.

Palm beach fl vape shops - Google Search

Now will you be able to get the Same e-Liquid you are using now? Probably Not. And will Most of these B&M's be in business 3 Months from now? Maybe Not.

But we are Not Off the Edge of the Cliff just yet.

And the ones still in business will have a limited selection of tobacco flavors.

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2013
    Midwest, USA
    I know I should just jump into mixing, ugh.

Now is definitely the time. While I'm no stranger to mixing nicotine into base the whole DIY thing isn't something I ever got into particularly. No time to experiment now. I pretty much only vape NETs anyway. Grab a few decent tobacco extracts or whatever floats your boat but most importantly -

!!!Stock up on nic if you haven't yet!!! Check out a calculator to see how long it will last and how much you need. Vape Apocalypse Calculator

Straydonkey

Nov 24, 2020
    Palm Beach Florida
    Now is definitely the time. While I'm no stranger to mixing nicotine into base the whole DIY thing isn't something I ever got into particularly. No time to experiment now. I pretty much only vape NETs anyway. Grab a few decent tobacco extracts or whatever floats your boat but most importantly -

!!!Stock up on nic if you haven't yet!!! Check out a calculator to see how long it will last and how much you need. Vape Apocalypse Calculator
    will non nic juice still be available, and cant I just buy nic n add it to non nic?

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2013
    Midwest, USA
    will non nic juice still be available, and cant I just buy nic n add it to non nic?

No from what I've heard, even 0mg zero nicotine liquid will be off the shelves, at least for ordering online. After the ban takes effect the only thing you'll be able to get is whatever your local B&Ms have in stock - for as long as they can keep it stocked. Barring PMTAs which is still a question.

Certain things like VG/PG, Kanthal, Cotton, etc.... you should still be able to find this online. Maybe not marketed as a "tobacco" (vaping) product, but it should be available. Apparently flavor extracts should also be okay, technically, but that may change. Not sure how many tobacco flavor extracts can be marketed as a cooking/essential oil product. Or if online sales can get away with it. We will have to wait and see.

You won't be able to get anything after ~March 27th/April 1st or thereabouts. That's why you want to grab your nicotine now while they are still shipping.
    https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/ubs/list-of-usa-based-nicotine-base-vendors.17/

Worst case scenario you can also make your own cold macerated extractions:

But yah. Grab some liters of 100mg nic. Grab a gallon. Whatever you think you will need unless you feel like chancing it and vaping whatever you can find locally in person.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    So basically boils down to if you don't mix your own juice after the ban, he won't be able to get it pre-made juices?

Just through mail-order. You "should" be able to still buy from local vape shops. However I am still not sure if UPS and Fedex are stopping shipments to businesses or not. But if they are still shipping to businesses, then local vape shops can still get inventory. Or they may have to use LTL which might cost more which means they may have to order more which means they may have out-of-stocks longer than usual. Hard to say

Mixing is easy. But you you are the kind of person that can only be satisfied with complex flavors, it will take time to find and/or make recipes that taste like the commercial juices you want. I won't lie about that. But if you like simple one-flavor juices, that's about as easy as it gets.

It's coming to the point where if you want to vape the way you want to vape, then you need to DIY. However, realize that you MIGHT have to settle for juice that may not be 100% what you are used to. That's just a fact. But that's better than cigarettes (of course, one can always quit).

Last edited:

Straydonkey

Nov 24, 2020
    Palm Beach Florida
    No from what I've heard, even 0mg zero nicotine liquid will be off the shelves, at least for ordering online. After the ban takes effect the only thing you'll be able to get is whatever your local B&Ms have in stock - for as long as they can keep it stocked. Barring PMTAs which is still a question.

Certain things like VG/PG, Kanthal, Cotton, etc.... you should still be able to find this online. Maybe not marketed as a "tobacco" (vaping) product, but it should be available. Apparently flavor extracts should also be okay, technically, but that may change. Not sure how many tobacco flavor extracts can be marketed as a cooking/essential oil product. Or if online sales can get away with it. We will have to wait and see.

You won't be able to get anything after ~March 27th/April 1st or thereabouts. That's why you want to grab your nicotine now while they are still shipping.
    https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/ubs/list-of-usa-based-nicotine-base-vendors.17/

Worst case scenario you can also make your own cold macerated extractions:

But yah. Grab some liters of 100mg nic. Grab a gallon. Whatever you think you will need unless you feel like chancing it and vaping whatever you can find locally in person.

ugh, thanks

Straydonkey

Nov 24, 2020
    Palm Beach Florida
    Just through mail-order. You "should" be able to still buy from local vape shops. However I am still not sure if UPS and Fedex are stopping shipments to businesses or not. But if they are still shipping to businesses, then local vape shops can still get inventory.

Mixing is easy. But you you are the kind of person that can only be satisfied with complex flavors, it will take time to find and/or make recipes that taste like the commercial juices you want. I won't lie about that. But if you like simple one-flavor juices, that's about as easy as it gets.

It's coming to the point where if you want to vape the way you want to vape, then you need to DIY. However, realize that you MIGHT have to settle for juice that may not be 100% what you are used to. That's just a fact. But that's better than cigarettes (of course, one can always quit).

Nah, not ready to stop vaping

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    It's coming to the point where if you want to vape the way you want to vape, then you need to DIY.

It's come to the point where if you want to vape the way you want to vape, then you need to DIY.

There fixed that for ya :D

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I like 70/30 VG/PG, so I want to but the VG solution, correct? I need to buy a non-nicotine PG solution as well, correct?

You can buy your nicotine solution (we call it nic base) is either 100% VG or 100% PG. I prefer PG. You can mix whatever % you want regardless of what you buy. You can also buy the base in a mixture of PG and VG.

And yes, regardless of what you buy, you have to also buy plain old PG and VG. The exception to that is if you are mixing Max PG or Max VG. In that case you would not have to buy the other substance.
    • if you mix Max VG, then you buy 100mg VG nic base + plain VG but don't have to buy plain PG.
    • If you mix Max PG, then you buy 100mg PG nic base + plain PG but don't have to buy plain VG.
    See video in my post above.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    See my blog post for a list of nic base vendors. Heartland went out of stock on PG again today. PG seems to be very popular and I have seen a couple other vendors go out to stock of PG nic base as well as plain PG.

It's getting to the point where shopping for nicotine has become a little harder to do if you want to use a specific vendor. I can only imagine the backlog they have with people stocking up. My last order (last week) from heartland took 8 days to ship. I think 5 days was the most I have ever had to way for shipping and that was only once during a big sale.

Last edited:

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    According to Essential Depot when questioned about their extreme price increase and constantly out of stock PG..."While Essential Depot appreciates and understands your concern, during this emergency some people are hoarding. "... It is used in making hand sanitizers and covid created a serious over demand.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    According to Essential Depot when questioned about their extreme price increase and constantly out of stock PG..."While Essential Depot appreciates and understands your concern, during this emergency some people are hoarding. "... It is used in making hand sanitizers and covid created a serious over demand.

I didn't know PG was used in hand sanitizer. Thought people used only VG for that. I've gotten PG on my hands and it's really oily. Blah. It's also has a very warm feeling, which would bother me.

River Supply used to carry a certain brand of VG exclusively but due to pandemic they have had to source from other sources because supply line became unstable. I just read that last night in a comment they made on another site (ELR.?)

Last edited:
    Reactions: YoursTruli
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread