Juices-From Fame to Shame

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenman

Verified Member
Dec 7, 2011
Fullerton, Ca
Although, I appreciate the lesson in steeping, a gnat could get the concept. Vendors should just be more up front that their juice "requires" this intricate aging process. ONE vendor, of the dozens I've tried was kind enough to include a note with my order recommending to steep their juice. I understand that some vapers don't mind aging their juice. I would simply prefer a juice vape ready. It is just a prefernce. No right or wrong here

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
...Vendors should just be more up front that their juice "requires" this intricate aging process. ONE vendor, of the dozens I've tried was kind enough to include a note with my order recommending to steep their juice. I understand that some vapers don't mind aging their juice. I would simply prefer a juice vape ready. It is just a prefernce. No right or wrong here

Of course, that's a good point. And I agree - vendors should recommend on how to steep their juices if desired, and should at least mention that some people prefer to steep their particular juice.

One of my favorite vendors - Ahlusion - does exactly that. They mention right on their web site that they mix their juices fresh, according to each customer's preferences, and that they recommend steeping. I don't think they can really suggest for how long, since it's different for everyone, but I think they mention something like "at least a couple of days", and that's accurate, I'm happy with them after three days most times. But before then - no way. The flavor is weak and sometimes even not pleasant. But the third day is usually magic. All of a sudden there is lots of flavor, and for my palate it's really good.

Some vendors pre-steep their juices - maybe MOV does, I'm pretty sure. I think Chinese juices are good as is. I never had to steep juices from Liberty Flights. For all I know they might be better with steeping, but the ones I tried didn't taste like they'd benefit from steeping, shall we say. A couple were good, most were average, and some... eh... were not to my taste, shall we say. :D (I'm actually pretty damn finicky)

Some juices don't require any steeping to begin with.

Everything depends on formulations and vendor practices. I know it can be frustrating, and, like I said, it would be good if vendors would say this up-front - and perhaps they will. I'd love to see more of that.

You know, there is an easy solution to this: before you buy, drop a note to the vendor and ask about it. And recommend that they have this info on the web site. The vendors know their juices best, so they should be able to tell us what's best, on the average, for each particular juice.

I almost always ask for some kind of variation on my juices (extra strength, no menthol, or whatever), so I always write to vendors ahead of time anyways. I don't think I've ever had to wait more than 1 or 2 days for a reply. And if you don't hear from them to your satisfaction, there is your early indication that you don't want to buy from them.

Cheers.

genxblacksmith

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2012
Gods Country
Please buddy give me a break, I have come down heavily on 2 vendors and rightfully so regardless of what you have to say. Vaperite sold me juices that were like water and the filler in the carto did not retain the juice...I lost money on the juice, the shipping and the cartos.

I gave their juice the benefit of the doubt and they completely failed to deliver...I do not care if it is their hobby or they are the sweetest people in the world...they stole my money.

Nitelite sold me a defective juice that made me cough my brains out for a week...am I supposed to give them a pass...the juice is definitively not the bounty hunter I previously purchased a few weeks back. If I had the money to get this juice tested I would because their is something wrong with the batch I got.

I have not coughed once since I stopped vaping this poison, and that is right poison. I could be in the hospital dying and all you fan boys and fan girls do is defend the vendors. SHAME ON ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My understanding is NLV liquid is produced in bulk. Industry points to it being produced in either 1 gallon jugs, 5 gallon buckets or 55 gallon drums. A 1 gallon batch seems light and 55g drum seems heavy, so lets imagine the batches are produced in 5 gallon buckets. 5 gallons = 22,500ml/130ml = 173 minijugs in a batch. If 5% of the recipients of a bad batch were active on the forum then we would be hearing it from 7 or 8 other people. I was concerned when I saw your post because I feel like we received our orders at the same time. My BH is what it has been the few times I've ordered it. If something were wrong with the "batch" the bells would truly be ringing around here. Bless your heart if it took you a week to realize you were doing something your body did not want to do. I think you should spend as much money as it takes to find out what is different about that juice. You'd be doing the vaping community a great deed and what's a few hundred bucks when it comes to your health anyway.

My mundane fame liquids that keep me off cigarettes are; Casablanca, VR KPB Peach and BH. No shame in liquids I don't like. I just don't vape them and pass'em on. I kept my family and friends flush new stuff while I was finding what worked for me.

Last edited:

FRANKSTER

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2011
staten island, new york
My understanding is NLV liquid is produced in bulk. Industry points to it being produced in either 1 gallon jugs, 5 gallon buckets or 55 gallon drums. A 1 gallon batch seems light and 55g drum seems heavy, so lets imagine the batches are produced in 5 gallon buckets. 5 gallons = 22,500ml/130ml = 173 minijugs in a batch. If 5% of the recipients of a bad batch were active on the forum then we would be hearing it from 7 or 8 other people. I was concerned when I saw your post because I feel like we received our orders at the same time. My BH is what it has been the few times I've ordered it. If something were wrong with the "batch" the bells would truly be ringing around here. Bless your heart if it took you a week to realize you were doing something your body did not want to do. I think you should spend as much money as it takes to find out what is different about that juice. You'd be doing the vaping community a great deed and what's a few hundred bucks when it comes to your health anyway.

My mundane fame liquids that keep me off cigarettes are; Casablanca, VR KPB Peach and BH. No shame in liquids I don't like. I just don't vape them and pass'em on. I kept my family and friends flush new stuff while I was finding what worked for me.
I kept vaping the juice because I thought I came down with something not related to the juice. Why would I think it was the juice when I rarely cough at all vaping except when I topped of this juice with vermillion's kpb. I therefore at that time blamed the kpb but I was wrong.

I do not have a few hundred dollars to spend to test it. My health is fine because I am not vaping the juice anymore. With all the info you have, it appears that you work at this company or are good friends with this vendor. That said, I expect you to defend them. There is only one fact here and that is that this juice I purchased made me sick.

I am keeping a 15ml bottle and when I get a chance I will have it tested and believe me, if there is something wrong with this juice, My next step will be to contact my lawyer and the sue the .... out of this company.

genxblacksmith

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2012
Gods Country
Frankster, you're so grumpy. I want to sic my Zombie kids on you. DSC_0121.jpg
After you're infected all your threads and posts will read "Arrr!" And all the noobs will be like, "What's that guys problem?" and we'd tell them, "That's just Zombie Frankster, he's mad because he can't find an eliquid he likes."

Yep, me and NLV are tight, I taught Don everything he knows. "Arrrr!" DSC_0136.jpg

Last edited:

FRANKSTER

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2011
staten island, new york
Frankster, you're so grumpy. I want to sic my Zombie kids on you. View attachment 102577
After you're infected all your threads and posts will read "Arrr!" And all the noobs will be like, "What's that guys problem?" and we'd tell them, "That's just Zombie Frankster, he's mad because he can't find an eliquid he likes."

Yep, me and NLV are tight, I taught Don everything he knows. "Arrrr!" View attachment 102578

It is so easy to print words on a keyboard attacking someone...the fact that you are so tight with this guy, makes everything you have said thus far meaningless. Is that a family portrait????

FRANKSTER

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2011
staten island, new york
8-o Now you have really gone and done it Frankster. You insulted NLV and his #1 fanboy's fangs may be even sharper than yours. :pop::pop::pop::pop::pop:

I've seen NLV's fanboys/girls verbally butcher someone for making a very similar statement.

That thread got so nasty administration closed it. And that is the main reason a very good vendor lost my business.

I could not care less about the people who back a vendor, they are just clowns who need to follow someone somewhere?

genxblacksmith

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2012
Gods Country
It is so easy to print words on a keyboard attacking someone...the fact that you are so tight with this guy, makes everything you have said thus far meaningless. Is that a family portrait????
Come on man, lighten up! I wasn't really going to sic my Zombie kids on you. I don't know Gene nor have I ever talked to anyone at NLV. Just a concerned fellow who saw your thread. I do have my masters in Industrial Hogwash and it comes in 5 gallon buckets. Yes, I was guessing about NLV batch size and units sold. My point is, I don't think your bounty hunter problem is wide spread or we would know by now.

DKS-1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2011
VA/NC and NLV Land
Come on man, lighten up! I wasn't really going to sic my Zombie kids on you. I don't know Gene nor have I ever talked to anyone at NLV. Just a concerned fellow who saw your thread. I do have my masters in Industrial Hogwash and it comes in 5 gallon buckets. Yes, I was guessing about NLV batch size and units sold. My point is, I don't think your bounty hunter problem is wide spread or we would know by now.

You are correct and multiple people, including myself, have tried to tell him this in multiple threads. He's on a trashing mission at this point, that is obvious with the way his posts have progressed. I refuse to post on this topic anymore, or read about it. I'm getting irritated at the way he keeps talking about "his health" blah blah blah. He found a juice he actually liked, vaped enough to make his throat raw and started coughing, then tried to get some free stuff. Then he gets mad because Gene won't let him order more juice from his site, AFTER he's come on a thread and said he received "bad" juice that was a "health hazard" and publicly trashed Gene's product. Imagine that, calling a vendor a health risk and then trying to order more from him later the same day. I'd have declined his order as well. Go sue a diner for food poison, bash it on a forum that literally thousands read, and then go back and try to eat there again the same day. Yeah, it's pretty obvious.

I'm sorry if my tone is bad, I'm sorry if I offended anyone or have gotten out of hand, I'm just upset that this ploy is even going this far. Yes, I like Gene, Yes, I like NLV products, even call me a fanboy, I don't care. But it's pretty obvious what is going on here and it's PATHETIC, especially with this "my health" ploy to try to play on peoples sympathy. Look back at his other posts, see how he's made similar comments about other vendors, etc.

I'm sorry, I'm done, I've said my peace, I'll accept my infraction gladly if I so deserve one, but I'm going to bed and will not be back to this or the other thread that are both going the same way, buy the same guy.

I'd offer to pay to have your juice tested so we could find out what's in it, but God knows what would be in it by the time it got to me, so, basically, it would prove nothing, anyway, since you're obviously bent on trashing the company. The chain of custody is broken and would render any findings null since the person trashing it has been in possession of it for any amount of time, anyway.

Again, sorry for the rant, I promise I'm done.

Later peeps!!

Unforeseen

Admin<br> Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager </br>
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Where you least expect it....
Alright, this thread has gotten completely out of hand. Please do not let this sort of behavior carry over to another thread.

I'm going to have to close the thread now before this goes any further. If this continues then there will be consequences for all parties included in the disruption.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread