Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivisi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Orlando, FL
www.composed-chaos.com
This will be my first formal review of a product, I certainly hope it is helpful. Full disclaimer, I do order all of my unflavored e-liquid from JuicyLiquid.com for my own concoctions, but this is the first time I've ordered one of their flavor kits.

The product I ordered and received was JuicyLiquid.com's Juicy Grape JuicePak. I ordered on a Thursday, and had the USPS box in hand the following Monday morning. Email notifications were timely, and the ordering process itself was easy enough.

Everything was well packaged and protected for shipment. In the package, I received my packing list detailing the order, a 27ml bottle of 24mg Unflavored VG-based e-liquid, a 5.5ml bottle of Juicy Grape flavoring (called a Flavorpak), a 2ml glass vial for sampling mix ratios (complete with cork stopper), a 0.7ml plastic pipette, and a small two-sided card with instructions, tips, and tricks printed on both sides.

If this is your first time mixing your own e-liquid flavors, then the included instructional card does a very good job of explaining the process, and also gives a breakdown of common ratios to use with their product. Since I prefer a stronger flavor, I opted for a 17% mix, which basically consisted of me dumping the entire contents of the 5.5ml flavoring into the 27ml bottle of unflavored e-liquid. Of course, I mixed a small amount in the included tester kit components to make sure that leaving the amount of unflavored e-liquid at its default level would give me enough flavor to leave me satisfied. Happy with the test results, I decided not to reduce the amount of e-liquid to further boost the flavor. To test the results of my mixture, I used two devices: a stock DSE901, and a Puresmoker Prodigy 801, both with fresh atomizers.

The grape flavoring is very pleasant. It is unmistakenly grape. One of my biggest complaints about pre-mixed e-liquids from other vendors, and one of the biggest reasons I've chosen to make my own flavors, is that the advertised flavor usually falls short of the actual experience. Many times, a pre-mixed cherry, to me, tastes completely and utterly unlike cherry. With the exception of my own grape concoctions, which are very reminiscient of Hubba Bubba Bubblicious grape bubble gum, the JuicyLiquid mix tastes a lot like true grape flavor.

Like most VG-based liquids, this one also lends itself more to a massive amount of vapor produced than it does with throat hit. Glycerine, for me, tends to soften the experience. While there was a small amount of throat hit using both the 901 and the Prodigy, the liquid did manage to put out plumes of vapor out of the 801 atomizer on the Prodigy. The 901, while not putting out as much vapor as the Prodigy is capable of, still managed to hold its own and produce a nice cloud of vapor, as well Since I prefer vapor over throat hit, this is fine for me. Both carried the flavor exceptionally.

If you decide to try their product and are looking for more throat hit, I do recommend that you go with either a PG-based solution, or simply add a tiny amount of menthol crystals or drops to tickle your tonsils. (But don't overdo the menthol, or you'll end up with grape Robitussin.)

So, the breakdown. On a 10 scale, 10 being the best, here's how I rate the JuicyLiquid.com Juicy Grape Juicepak:

Flavor: 9
Throat Hit: 6
Vapor: 10
Ordering/Shipping: 10

Overall, I'm very pleased with the product, and look forward to trying out some of their other JuicePaks in the future.

Ivisi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread