Jumped out of the kayfun boat...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PNW Rider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Mukilteo, Wa
After having an overall, acceptable experience with my kayfun and provari, I am happy to say that 2 kayfuns and a provari will be available in the classifieds pending arrival of my OD green reo grand.
I have built at least a thousand micro coils for kayfun atomizers and now I realize I was chasing my own tail with that thing. The DAMN chamber is too small. I like lots of vapor and once I achieved that, my flavor was nowhere to be found. Also I had discovered that kayfuns give a dry, unsaturated hit when built for big vapor. Good riddens tiny chamber! I hope the rm2 is gods(Rob) answer to my prayers.

Last edited:

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
my reo is my main daily vape but my kayfun is it's daily sidekick & a solid #2 vaping machine. the reo is downright kickass with a dual coil cyclone, nice thick heavy flavorful clouds but the kayfun is also very good for me with some tweaking and also running dual coils, love my reo but also love my kayfun but yeah the kayfun takes a lot more tweaking and fine tuning and fiddling to get a nice vape at higher wattages but once you get that tune down it gets simple to just stick with that build. it's really nice sometimes to just have a great vape that's auto feeding without having to squonk, too bad you didn't get it to work out for you... if I had to pick only one I guess I'd choose the squonker but the kayfun is right up there with it as far as a great vape in my book :)

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
congrats, you will not be disappointed. Although I'm pretty sure the RM2 chamber is almost exactly the same size as a kayfun :)

But I agree about the kayfun being a much dryer vape !! I loved mine for a while but always had to keep them above 1.6 ohms to avoid dryness. I rock the RM2 around 1.3 and you can make it as wet as you want :)

My two kayfuns were traded last month. Just a PIA that you have to drain the tank every time you want to mess with the coil. The REO is 20X more simple .........

Trust me the RM2 is smaller than you think, it just looks big in pics ....... but I think the small chamber is why it gives great flavor.

PNW Rider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Mukilteo, Wa
my reo is my main daily vape but my kayfun is it's daily sidekick & a solid #2 vaping machine. the reo is downright kickass with a dual coil cyclone, nice thick heavy flavorful clouds but the kayfun is also very good for me with some tweaking and also running dual coils, love my reo but also love my kayfun but yeah the kayfun takes a lot more tweaking and fine tuning and fiddling to get a nice vape at higher wattages but once you get that tune down it gets simple to just stick with that build. it's really nice sometimes to just have a great vape that's auto feeding without having to squonk, too bad you didn't get it to work out for you... if I had to pick only one I guess I'd choose the squonker but the kayfun is right up there with it as far as a great vape in my book :)

Don't get me wrong, I love that kayfun and I don't chase clouds or vape high power really. I go for the flavor/vapor sweet spot. For me the kayfun doesn't seem to be great in either respect and especially lacking the flavor. My build is working great but unless I have a flavor heavy juice, I don't taste much from my kayfuns. Love the design, love the way it works but I believe the chamber is just too small and the heat builds up quick in the small space. Heat kills flavor IMHO and I spent wayy too much time trying to circumvent that.

PNW Rider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Mukilteo, Wa
congrats, you will not be disappointed. Although I'm pretty sure the RM2 chamber is almost exactly the same size as a kayfun :)

But I agree about the kayfun being a much dryer vape !! I loved mine for a while but always had to keep them above 1.6 ohms to avoid dryness. I rock the RM2 around 1.3 and you can make it as wet as you want :)

My two kayfuns were traded last month. Just a PIA that you have to drain the tank every time you want to mess with the coil. The REO is 20X more simple .........

Trust me the RM2 is smaller than you think, it just looks big in pics ....... but I think the small chamber is why it gives great flavor.

PITA is right. I strained to not throw that thing across the room soo many times. It works, and I am thankful for that. KFL has kept me vaping for months but I deserve to feel accomplishment from building flawless micro coils. My kayfun coil building can be applied to any atty so not a total loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread