Just a few drops of Ever Clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um, your lungs are feeling better because they're drunk? I wonder if some of your symptoms are from quitting smoking 12 days ago, (and some people find that they can't handle large amounts of VG without getting that heavy lung feeling, so maybe you just put enough everclear in there to bring the ratio down to acceptable) but regardless, I'm glad you've found a solution.

If the heavy feeling returns, you can actually dilute your VG down with PG, it's kind of a more well-known option.

With that said, it's potentially possible you are sensitive to PG, not VG, but at this point since I don't know your juice ratio, I will just say congrats? I believe it's acceptable to inhale tiny amounts of ETOH, as long as you aren't trying to overdo it, but there are other solutions to this, probably, if you so desire.

Congrats on switching to vaping, by the way, that's fantastic, well done!

Anna

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Right now (and quite often) I vape "bourbon" juice. 8% of Turkey 101, 4% water (or 10% PG), the rest VG and nicotine. No flavor added. Ethanol is a quite strong thinner of VG. It feels better than heavier VG juice.

Total amount of alcohol in a juice is 4%, like a weak beer. Vaiping of 7 ml of this "beer" per day definitely will not trigger any breathalyzer.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
People have been using "alcohol" and/or distilled water to thin juice since the onset of vaping, which is why juice calculators have a percentage option for it built in. Everclear is a popular brand of Pure Grain Alcohol (PGA), it's comprised of ethyl alcohol (ethanol) and water. Unlike vodka, bourbon, and other types of liquor, PGA is unflavored and contains more ethanol than water. Not even water thins VG as well as ethanol does, it only takes a few drops. In addition to thinning high VG liquids it's also a flavor enhancer/modifier. The high VG NETs I make and vape contain at least 2% ethanol, I wouldn't have it any other way. I buy/use 190 proof PGA which is 95% ethanol 5% water, in comparison 100 proof vodka is actually 50% water.

Like everything else in vaping some people like the benefits of alcohol, some don't, but far too many mistake any offensive "chemical" and/or "perfume" taste/smell in their juice as being caused by "alcohol". Is it really alcohol they sense or is it chloroform, Aldehyde, ethyl butyrate or one the many other chemicals used to create synthetic flavors? Synthetic flavorings are nothing more than chemical mixtures that mimic natural flavors. Alcohol usually gets the blame for any offensive flavor/aroma (even when it's not present) because people are blissfully unaware of what's actually in their juice. As with any opinion, advice or statement posted on a public forum, take mine with a grain of NaCl, YMMV. ;)

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
best friend is on the local police force vaped a bunch of my Everclear vape and he gave me a breathalyzer big fat 0.00 definitely wrong

bummer, I had "high" hopes. seriously the amount in used in vaping would not even register.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread