• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Just a Heads Up - $30 Lavatube Co-op

Status
Not open for further replies.

bseven

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2011
Ontario
Hey folks check out this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-mods-discussion/256721-co-op-interest-l-rider-lavatubes-30-each-unit.html

t
he user shekinasgroom is putting together a co-op for a $30 lavatube (possible mini and extension and the 18650). Maybe if we get enough Canadians interested he or others who decide to take over the co-op might be willing to ship to Canada.
Right now he's just gauging the interest and is in negotiations with the Chinese supplier. The more people interested the better for negotiations.

Theres always a risk with co-ops and an added one for us with regards to customs but if you can get your hands on a $30 lavatube i'll take the chances.
I know its not for everyone but just giving folks the fyi.

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
They're not willing to ship to Canada as is? I ran into this thread a couple of days ago and expressed my interest in 2 18650 style. Customs is only a problem with nic liquid, not equipment. Even with nic liq, I have yet to have an issue and people have had their packages opened, tested as nicotine, and still sent to them. So what the heck?

bseven

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2011
Ontario
I asked him about shipping to Canada and he replied:

Hmmmmm....dunno yet, that might get overly complicated.

I'll consider it once I researched freight costs to Canada.

Please edit your post to include your city/state/zip and I'll look into it.

I've never ordered equipment but have ordered nic juice as well with no problems. Thats good to know equipment is also not a problem. I hope they would consider shipping to us.

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
I do foresee one problem though, getting a box with one vaporizer through customs is not a problem but a box with 10 or more looks like you are retailing them and without HC's blessing and a $7500.00 piece of paper it could get refused entry.

Even if you are retailing them why do you think it'd be a problem? They don't have a ban on any type of device related to e-cigs, just the nicotine liquid. Also, we've got a lot of Canadian stores and more popping up each day, and they must get a lot of stuff from China?

Just my 2cents. I am hoping though that I can get in on the one already going. :D

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
paraphrasing what I remember from 1 or more vendors comments on the issue; HC considers PV's as a class 2 medical device and selling them in canada requires an endorsement from HC. A search in the canada forum for "class 2 medical device" should bring up their comments.

I don't think they're too sticky on that -- Lawtons and the Dollar Store are both selling PVs now! Lawtons, especially, surprised me because they're a very well-known drug store. The dollar store would carry anything that could make them money, I think lol.

We shall wait and see if this one will include us poor Canucks *fingers crossed*

JayTheVapingGuy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I do foresee one problem though, getting a box with one vaporizer through customs is not a problem but a box with 10 or more looks like you are retailing them and without HC's blessing and a $7500.00 piece of paper it could get refused entry.

scratch that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread