Just another new Provari owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason McRoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2012
Tampa, FL
Well, looking through the threads I see a number of people posting about receiving their first Provari and I started to just keep to myself about this, but I just had to write to some people that will understand my excitement!

Yesterday I bit the bullet and purchased my first Provari. I started vaping a little over 2 months ago with an ego starter kit. I moved up to a Vtube and my wife inherited my ego set up.

I love the Vtube and still do. However, I was very interested in the Provari and finding out for myself what it has to offer.

My local vendor actually sells them for the same price I can order online so I went over yesterday and tried it out and I have been vaping it since then. I really love this thing. It feels great in my hand, works well with my Vivi Nova. The only thing I like better on the Vtube is it is simpler to me to change the voltage. However, I know that once I get used to the way you do it on the Provari it will become 2nd nature. Otherwise, I love this thing.

That was all- had to get it out of my system! :D

-Jason

Hottody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Temcula CA
Nice Jason! I too bought my Provari from a local store in Laguna Beach called E-Cig City! It was nice being able to touch and feel the device before purchasing while also having someone familiar with the device show all it's features! I love my Provari and have many other devices that are good, just not as solid as the Provari! The Provari is my favorite and I love the look and feel of it. Mine is chrome with a blue LED light.

Congratulations and have fun with it!

On Target

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
East TN
I started out with the gas station mini's in mid April of this year and those lasted less than a week before I upgraded to an ego starter kit. About a month ago, I bought an ego C Twist and had my first dose of VV. That was a huge improvement. Then, I wanted to see what the next level was like so I considered the Lavatube and other similar devices but elected to go ahead and spend the extra cash for American made and justified to myself I probably would not be satisfied until getting what I perceived to be one of the best (if not the best). Glad I did! Just got my Provari last Thursday and have hardly touched my twists since. I just change carto's or use the ego adaptor I bought with it and put on a clearomizer or one of my almost obsolete (IMO) ego tanks. I hate not using up what inventory I still have but either dripping or using Boge cartos is by far my new preference. Great product and no regrets here.

EGO-maniac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
St. Cloud, FL
I just got my Provari yesterday and WON'T put it down! I absolutely love the way this feels in my hand...
100_3815.jpg

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
Big is good in the Provari',
I just showed my Dr today my hefty piece of Art, he was very impressed. I love love love the standard with 18650 batts, i love the feel of it, and with that tank, i'd love it even more, that is a wicked tank/combo
omg, that thing seems big as hell!

Bolt Fan John

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
San Diego, CA
Day 3 for me now. I am still loving it. I am going to order the extender cap tomorrow so I can use the batteries I bought for the Vtube. Now I will have like 5 back up batteries! lol

I still am loving this thing. It does feel really good in my hand.

Hey Jason... I'm in the same boat as you, in owning a ProVari and a Vtube... I love them both and use them everyday!

I bought the extension cap and a 18650 AW IMR battery with my ProVari from provape. I never tried using one of my vtube batteries in my ProVari because they are different. The battery that came with my Provari has a nipple, where the vtube battery does not... So I just assumed it wouldn't be safe to interchange them... Am I wrong to think this?

Sorry, I'm still a newbie in the vape world...

Jason McRoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2012
Tampa, FL
Hey Jason... I'm in the same boat as you, in owning a ProVari and a Vtube... I love them both and use them everyday!

I bought the extension cap and a 18650 AW IMR battery with my ProVari from provape. I never tried using one of my vtube batteries in my ProVari because they are different. The battery that came with my Provari has a nipple, where the vtube battery does not... So I just assumed it wouldn't be safe to interchange them... Am I wrong to think this?

Sorry, I'm still a newbie in the vape world...

I think you are correct about the 18650 batteries not being interchangeable. According to the Provari site you must use the batteries with the nipple top. It would be safer at this point not to use it.

-Jason

chedderslam

Moved On
Jun 8, 2012
NY
I love the Vtube and still do. However, I was very interested in the Provari and finding out for myself what it has to offer.

-Jason

Do you notice a significant difference between the vtube and the provari? I have a vtube and am wondering if it is worth the money to get the provari. What is the difference from your perspective, especially the actual vaping?

Jason McRoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2012
Tampa, FL
Do you notice a significant difference between the vtube and the provari? I have a vtube and am wondering if it is worth the money to get the provari. What is the difference from your perspective, especially the actual vaping?

My experience is like this: It seems to regulate the voltage better as the battery gets lower than the Vtube. I don't notice any change in the vapor production like I did on the Vtube. That seems to be the only performance difference.

Also, the battery power reading on the Vtube is approximate. On mine it is off about .2 based on checking the battery on my multimeter. On the Provari, that reading is accurate.

This may not be something you need, but the fact that the Provari will show you what ohms your carto/atomizer, etc are is beneficial to me. I use a Vivi Nova and wick my own heads so it is nice to use the Provari to check the ohms.

It is shorter so it's easier to carry around. It's heavier which I like. I like the feel of it in my hand.

If you have the money to get a Provari, I say that it is worth it from my perspective.

The Vtube would become a great back up mod for you.

-Jason

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
I absolutely LOVE the HEFT...i wish it was even heavier', its the first thing i show people, how heavy and incredibly well built it is...

Meems

My experience is like this: It seems to regulate the voltage better as the battery gets lower than the Vtube. I don't notice any change in the vapor production like I did on the Vtube. That seems to be the only performance difference.

Also, the battery power reading on the Vtube is approximate. On mine it is off about .2 based on checking the battery on my multimeter. On the Provari, that reading is accurate.

This may not be something you need, but the fact that the Provari will show you what ohms your carto/atomizer, etc are is beneficial to me. I use a Vivi Nova and wick my own heads so it is nice to use the Provari to check the ohms.

It is shorter so it's easier to carry around. It's heavier which I like. I like the feel of it in my hand.

If you have the money to get a Provari, I say that it is worth it from my perspective.

The Vtube would become a great back up mod for you.

-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread