Just because your 14550 battery looks like your household AA battery.....it isn't....

Status
Not open for further replies.

redcat1948

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Eugene OR
I'm new to mods and just spent 2 hours researching whether I can charge household batteries on my new Trustfire multifunctional charger (for lithium ion batteries). The answer is a big NO. Just because your 14500 batteries look identical to your household AA batteries, they are not interchangable in any way. The reason being one is lithium ion, and household types are alkaline. Your 14550 is 3.7V, your household AA is 1.5V. Putting the wrong type battery in the wrong charger or device can ruin all three I think. I'm electronically challenged so someone could probably explain this better but I think you get my point. If I'm wrong, correct me.

So today I learned something new and am happy to share. I've learned so much on this forum and have been able to give up analogs thanks to all of you.

RebelAir

Jan 3, 2011
Laredo, TX
I hope you didn't learn that the hard way!
I believe you are mostly correct. I don't think putting a regular batt (1.5V) in a mod will ruin it, but neither will it work. Putting a 3.7V batt in a device meant for a regular 1.5V batt (like a tv remote) will likely fry the device. And never mix batts (3.7 and 1.5). Unless, of course, you wanted that campfire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread