Just bought an ego booster

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
I've been intrigued by VV vaping for awhile now. Not enough to want to spend over $100 on something though. Been using the eGo since February. My 801 couldn't keep up with my habit and I would occasionally go back to analogs. Not the same with the eGo. Now, I can experience VV vaping, while continuing to use what has finally helped me kick the old habit for good. Very excited to try this out. Maybe I'll get some pretty boxes too? :D

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
Got my ego booster yesterday. Been using it ever since I opened the pretty box. It works exactly as described. Brings back the massive throat hit I got when I first started and wasn't used to it yet. Not sure if this means I'll adjust to the TH this puts out now. If so, it'll take awhile, as turning it all the way up is actually too strong for me. I prefer it to be adjust about half way. Kinda hard to tell as my logo isn't on straight so the AV doesn't point straight right or left when turned fully. Ah well, I'm not picky, it works, that's all that matters to me ;) If you're at this device because you like what it offers but you're unsure if it works like it says, fear not. It does exactly what it says. I just hope it lasts awhile :)

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
Will do thanks. I've been using it non-stop since i got it in July. Will be really hard to go without it. From what I understand, the warranty says it only covers the electronics. It still boosts the voltage, it's just falling apart, so not sure how much longer that will continue to work. I'll have to wait until after work to send the email, so I'll try to let you know when I hear something hopefully tomorrow.

bamsbbq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Tacoma,WA
I hope they take care of you. I have one but don't use it very often. I find myself grabbing my Buzz's more than the booster. I was wondering how long it was going to take before someone had trouble with one. Please let us know if they will replace it for you.
Been looking at a booster. Any reason u don't reach for it much?

If u ever want to get rid of it let me know :)

Sorry to hijack OP.

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
I have one as well, love it. Sat on it the other day as with my 1100mah battery and a cargo with the booster my friends call it my clarinet.

It came apart at the spot, but the nob stoppers broke as well. So now it spins around and around. Not sure if it's working.

Must order spares :)

Weird that the knob stoppers broke too. You must have somehow spun the wheel past the stoppers when you sat on it. Not sure what happened with mine, it just got really hard to turn at all, then just broke loose one day. Not sure what the deal was.

vocr

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Manila, RP
Honestly, in hindsight, I think there was a defect with the dial when we ordered our EBs, Mike. With the incredible warranty support on it though, I've got not one complaint about it. Though, if I am right (a big if), it would've been nice if Artisan vaping would've come clean once they discovered it.

Whatever the issue was, it does seem to be fixed in the replacement I got and the later ones. I haven't seen anyone post about the broken dial who bought one later. Though I have been careful with the dial on my replacement and keep it wrapped with a velcro cable tie, I think its totally stable.

Last edited:

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
I actually just got my replacement last night. VERY satisfied with it so far. Course, because it now runs hotter since my old one broke at a lower voltage, my battery died almost instantly due to the higher voltage lol. Been running on a 650 mah since then and I've been ok. So I know there are no problems with it. Plus, I've had to keep it tuned down a bit as I'd gotten used to whatever it was on when the last one broke :)

But yes, I agree that there should have been a "recall". At least they're replacing any faulty original ones with newer improved models without any hassle though. That's fine with me.

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
Man. Now, I am normally not one to complain, but I received my replacement booster last week and this one has already messed up. It's messed up in a way that my old booster never did. The old one, after quite a long time, had the top silver connector separate from the body. Now with this new one, barely a week old, the bottom connector came out. Seriously? I don't abuse my ecig at all by any means. I carry it in a padded carrying case. But even if I did, which I don't, I would think it would be the top connection, not the bottom one that is completely covered by the casing. Can this new one not withstand being taken off my battery once a day so I can charge it? Well, it still functions, and as of this point, the knob is turning properly and the voltage is adjusting. I guess I can't complain too much eh?

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
Here's what happened to mine. The wire is very very thin and feels like it would easily break, so I have to be very gentle with it. Don't want it breaking off at the solder joints which is where I'd imagine it's the weakest.
2011-11-04 08_33_04.jpg

Happy Jack

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Man. Now, I am normally not one to complain, but I received my replacement booster last week and this one has already messed up. It's messed up in a way that my old booster never did. The old one, after quite a long time, had the top silver connector separate from the body. Now with this new one, barely a week old, the bottom connector came out. Seriously? I don't abuse my ecig at all by any means. I carry it in a padded carrying case. But even if I did, which I don't, I would think it would be the top connection, not the bottom one that is completely covered by the casing. Can this new one not withstand being taken off my battery once a day so I can charge it? Well, it still functions, and as of this point, the knob is turning properly and the voltage is adjusting. I guess I can't complain too much eh?

Hey Mike!

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your replacement Booster!

Have you contacted Artisan Vaping about this?

I haven't seen an email to us yet so I do hope you've contacted them. I am fully confident that they will take care of you! As I'm sure you know, we take customer service very seriously at Happy Vaper and the guys at Artisan Vaping haven't let us down!

Please do contact Artisan Vaping or contact us directly and we'll try and assist you however we can.

Thanks and Happy Vaping!
Jack

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
Hope it solves the issue for you.

Sadly it didn't. I went to hook up my battery to my booster yesterday, and the light on my battery flashed like 5 times. Seemed kinda weird since my battery shouldn't have been dead. Tried a known charged battery, and it did the same thing. Since it's not the weekend yet, I hadn't had a chance to fix it, so I carefully pulled the loose bottom piece out, and discovered the black wire came off the top part inside the body. I tried really hard to hold it in place as I screwed/unscrewed my battery from it but as it doesn't stick out at all, I couldn't really hold it, and I guess the wire twisted off. Pretty frustrated now. The wires connecting the battery connection to the top section are really thin and only held in place with a tiny drop of solder. At least my last broken booster still "worked", just at one voltage setting and was in 2 pieces. Now this one doesn't work at all......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread