The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Just bought my new Reo!

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by Cptfunpants, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Cptfunpants

Cptfunpants Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 30, 2012
    VA
    Just ordered a blem metallic blue LP Grand! Hopefully it will be here Monday!

2. Fuzzy Bruce

Fuzzy Bruce Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2014
    Fort Liquordale, Fl.
    fingers crossed for you, Capt! I bought two in less than seven days and have not put them down.

3. redeyedancer

redeyedancer Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2010
    Maine
    Congrats I hope you enjoy it :)

4. K31Scout

K31Scout Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2014
    Northern MI USA
    Congrats! What atty are you putting on top?

5. Papa_Lazarou

Papa_Lazarou MKUltra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nicely done, Cfp :toast:

Pics when she arrives, 'kay?

6. Bigflyrodder

Bigflyrodder Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 6, 2014
    Boston, MA
    Sounds great, have to post pics when she gets there ;-).

7. Mrs C

Mrs C Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Nice choice :) Have fun playing find the blem :blink:

8. super_X_drifter

super_X_drifter ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 4, 2012
    Somewhere out there
    Congrats. That metallic blue looks like a killer color.

9. Cptfunpants

Jul 30, 2012
    VA
    I am pretty psyched for it. At the time being i will be using just a normal RM2 built at .4. I am not wild about the dual coils from what little experience I have had with them (using rm3) so I am not sure if I want to get the rm5/6. Would the draw be too airy for using just a single coil? Never really used a single coil on an atty drilled for dual coils.

In regards to the color, im not overly wild about the sparkly blue but for how much cheaper it is to get a blemished one I love it.

10. JC Okie

JC Okie REOnaut Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Tulsa, OK
    That blue is going to be gorgeous. And I think you will love the RM2; it's my favorite atty on a REO, and I have an RM3, a Chalice, and an IGO-S. I always go back to the RM2.

11. Cptfunpants

Jul 30, 2012
    VA
    I would like your guys' imput...I currently have a green Reo Grand (Non LP, without the contact upgrades). I am contemplating selling it once I get my new LP Reo. Please note I am not trying to sell my Reo here, I am curious as to what you guys think I could get for a Reo Grand without the contact upgrades? I am thinking if I sold it I could get a "new" blem LP Reo for not a whole lot more considering if I kept my old one I would need to get the contact upgrades and I am very limited to what kind of atty I can use on the old one. So do you think I should attempt to sell it? If I do sell it, what is the asking price for one of these bad boys?

12. Mrs C

Mrs C Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Or you could have Rob give it a shave if you like the green. His price is very reasonable.

13. Fuzzy Bruce

Fuzzy Bruce Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2014
    Fort Liquordale, Fl.
    I have one each, a Grand and a LP Grand. They vape so different I could not consider parting with either! The Grand topped with a RM3 for mouth to lung hits is a flavor bomb. The LP with a drilled RM6 is a fog machine lung hitter.

14. CMD-Ky

CMD-Ky Highly Esteemed Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    I like the RM2. SuperX has some tips on youtube that are well worth your time reviewing regarding the positioning of the wick/coil. They dramatically improve the RM2's performance and require no physical modifications, merely adjustments. You will enjoy the Reo with the RM2. When in doubt, squonk. Buyer's remorse? Not once.

15. oplholik

oplholik ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Congrats on the blem Grand. Just one caution for when you receive it, don't get a headache trying to find that "blem", it ain't worth it. Two of my four Grands are blems, and they look perfect to me. If they are in fact blems, Rob must sit there with a 10X inspectors loop, and go over every single mm of it to find it.
    I too am a fan of the RM2's. I kinda want to get a Cyclone just to have something different, but always end up getting another RM2. They just work so good for me, and can't really justify the price of the other. I never have tried a dual coil, and build my RM2's with a 1.3 - 1.4Ω coil, and that is just right for me.
    Enjoy your new S/U. :)

16. CMD-Ky

CMD-Ky Highly Esteemed Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    Oplholic, what gauge wire do you use and do you use contact or spaced coils?

Thanks

17. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2013
    nowhither
  18. oplholik

oplholik ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

For approx. 1.35Ω I use 29g Kanthal, 7/8 wrap, wrapped on a .070" mandrel, using the Gizmo. I wrap a contact coil.
    Another I use, depending on the juice, is a 7/8 wrap, 28g Kanthal for about a 1.02Ω coil.
    I also use rayon(CCr) wicking.

19. JC Okie

Supporting member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Tulsa, OK
    Cpt, for what you'd get for your green REO and the difference in price to buy another LP Blem, you could have Rob add a new sub-ohm upgrade and shave your catch cup down to LP on the green one. Now that you have your new one to vape on, just send the old one in for an upgrade. You'd probably save money.

20. JC Okie

Supporting member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Tulsa, OK
    Edit: did you ever get that 29 AWG wire?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.