Just bought my new Reo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cptfunpants

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2012
VA
I am pretty psyched for it. At the time being i will be using just a normal RM2 built at .4. I am not wild about the dual coils from what little experience I have had with them (using rm3) so I am not sure if I want to get the rm5/6. Would the draw be too airy for using just a single coil? Never really used a single coil on an atty drilled for dual coils.

In regards to the color, im not overly wild about the sparkly blue but for how much cheaper it is to get a blemished one I love it.

Cptfunpants

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2012
VA
I would like your guys' imput...I currently have a green Reo Grand (Non LP, without the contact upgrades). I am contemplating selling it once I get my new LP Reo. Please note I am not trying to sell my Reo here, I am curious as to what you guys think I could get for a Reo Grand without the contact upgrades? I am thinking if I sold it I could get a "new" blem LP Reo for not a whole lot more considering if I kept my old one I would need to get the contact upgrades and I am very limited to what kind of atty I can use on the old one. So do you think I should attempt to sell it? If I do sell it, what is the asking price for one of these bad boys?

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I like the RM2. SuperX has some tips on youtube that are well worth your time reviewing regarding the positioning of the wick/coil. They dramatically improve the RM2's performance and require no physical modifications, merely adjustments. You will enjoy the Reo with the RM2. When in doubt, squonk. Buyer's remorse? Not once.

I am pretty psyched for it. At the time being i will be using just a normal RM2 built at .4. I am not wild about the dual coils from what little experience I have had with them (using rm3) so I am not sure if I want to get the rm5/6. Would the draw be too airy for using just a single coil? Never really used a single coil on an atty drilled for dual coils.

In regards to the color, im not overly wild about the sparkly blue but for how much cheaper it is to get a blemished one I love it.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Congrats on the blem Grand. Just one caution for when you receive it, don't get a headache trying to find that "blem", it ain't worth it. Two of my four Grands are blems, and they look perfect to me. If they are in fact blems, Rob must sit there with a 10X inspectors loop, and go over every single mm of it to find it.
I too am a fan of the RM2's. I kinda want to get a Cyclone just to have something different, but always end up getting another RM2. They just work so good for me, and can't really justify the price of the other. I never have tried a dual coil, and build my RM2's with a 1.3 - 1.4Ω coil, and that is just right for me.
Enjoy your new S/U. :)

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Oplholic, what gauge wire do you use and do you use contact or spaced coils?

Thanks

Congrats on the blem Grand. Just one caution for when you receive it, don't get a headache trying to find that "blem", it ain't worth it. Two of my four Grands are blems, and they look perfect to me. If they are in fact blems, Rob must sit there with a 10X inspectors loop, and go over every single mm of it to find it.
I too am a fan of the RM2's. I kinda want to get a Cyclone just to have something different, but always end up getting another RM2. They just work so good for me, and can't really justify the price of the other. I never have tried a dual coil, and build my RM2's with a 1.3 - 1.4Ω coil, and that is just right for me.
Enjoy your new S/U. :)

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
spygratsreo.jpg

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Oplholic, what gauge wire do you use and do you use contact or spaced coils?

Thanks

For approx. 1.35Ω I use 29g Kanthal, 7/8 wrap, wrapped on a .070" mandrel, using the Gizmo. I wrap a contact coil.
Another I use, depending on the juice, is a 7/8 wrap, 28g Kanthal for about a 1.02Ω coil.
I also use rayon(CCr) wicking.

Last edited:

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I would like your guys' imput...I currently have a green Reo Grand (Non LP, without the contact upgrades). I am contemplating selling it once I get my new LP Reo. Please note I am not trying to sell my Reo here, I am curious as to what you guys think I could get for a Reo Grand without the contact upgrades? I am thinking if I sold it I could get a "new" blem LP Reo for not a whole lot more considering if I kept my old one I would need to get the contact upgrades and I am very limited to what kind of atty I can use on the old one. So do you think I should attempt to sell it? If I do sell it, what is the asking price for one of these bad boys?

Cpt, for what you'd get for your green REO and the difference in price to buy another LP Blem, you could have Rob add a new sub-ohm upgrade and shave your catch cup down to LP on the green one. Now that you have your new one to vape on, just send the old one in for an upgrade. You'd probably save money.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Cpt, for what you'd get for your green REO and the difference in price to buy another LP Blem, you could have Rob add a new sub-ohm upgrade and shave your catch cup down to LP on the green one. Now that you have your new one to vape on, just send the old one in for an upgrade. You'd probably save money.

Edit: did you ever get that 29 AWG wire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread