Just bought some cartomizers, what should i expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
Midlands, United Kingdom
Been using atomizers now recently but i dont like them that much as they dont seem to last long and was working out expensive. I ordered some Kanger cartomizers so hopefully these will work well. How long can i expect 5 of them to last me? thanks also what are the benifits of them over atties?

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
Hi Patrick, I think if you have been using attys you may notice a little bit of flavor muting. I love cartomizers but I use them on my rio and in tanks with my Provari. I always get dry hits with attys. I know that's due to user error but I still get them. I also don't find the flavor to be that muted with cartos but I know a LOT of people do.What are you going to be using them on?

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
Been using atomizers now recently but i dont like them that much as they dont seem to last long and was working out expensive. I ordered some Kanger cartomizers so hopefully these will work well. How long can i expect 5 of them to last me? thanks also what are the benifits of them over atties?

I have tried em all/ dont like em....... No benifits over attys IMO... unless your to lazy to DIRECT DRIP for the best taste and performance.............. Stick with attys and you cant go wrong.......... Provari + 510 SR Joye + Direct Drip = Perfect vaping..

Patrick21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
Midlands, United Kingdom
Hi Patrick, I think if you have been using attys you may notice a little bit of flavor muting. I love cartomizers but I use them on my rio and in tanks with my Provari. I always get dry hits with attys. I know that's due to user error but I still get them. I also don't find the flavor to be that muted with cartos but I know a LOT of people do.What are you going to be using them on?

Well at the moment i have DSE901 with a tank system but i find buying atomizers is to expensive and hear cartomizers last quite a while and i have a needle as well so i will be injecting the liquid. I will be using a Kanger cartomizer and then i have ordered an adapter so i can use it on my dse901 battery.

Algernon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2010
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
www.flickr.com
I have tried em all/ dont like em....... No benifits over attys IMO... unless your to lazy to DIRECT DRIP for the best taste and performance.............. Stick with attys and you cant go wrong.......... Provari + 510 SR Joye + Direct Drip = Perfect vaping..

I started using cartomizers because I like to vape and drive, and I tend to enjoy "not-hitting-things" such as other cars or trees while doing it.

After a while, I just found that atomizers never performed like they did right out of the box, and considering I get a new cartomizer out of the box about once a week, that's four new experiences a month and they're cheaper.

Then I got a Phiniac tank and you probably know where this is going.
Yep, I started using it, yes it rocks. I love filling the tank once every four hours and letting it do all of the work while I puff like a madman until it's dry.

I also can't say I ever found an atomizer more enjoyable than a cartomizer. If anything, I get more flavor and throat-hit out of a carto, especially my 3ohm Bogies at 5-6v.

EyedeaGraphics

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2012
Highland, IL
I have consistently gotten 2 weeks or more of solid use on my 2 ohm boge cartos, haven't ever tried a kanger but thats just because I know how consistent the boges that I have been ordering are.

The flavor will almost certainly be muted compared to a fresh atty but at a buck a piece they can't be beat. If you run one dry and burn it up toss it and grab another one. burn up an atty and your out 6 bucks or more, unless its a smartvapes dripping atty.

Mines been running strong on my smartbox since I got it 2 and a half weeks ago and always manage to run it dry but just top it off and its good to go again :)

taphandle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I started using cartomizers because I like to vape and drive, and I tend to enjoy "not-hitting-things" such as other cars or trees while doing it.

I also can't say I ever found an atomizer more enjoyable than a cartomizer. If anything, I get more flavor and throat-hit out of a carto, especially my 3ohm Bogies at 5-6v.

+1

I don't think punching carts and filling tanks is laziness, you just do all of the work before hand and don't have to worry about it later.

As far as attie's vs carts. I don't think of one being better than the other but rather different applications for for different devices and juices. There are juices that taste great with an attie and terrible in a carto and vise versa. I find carto's in tanks to be very convenient but cumbersome to carry. Bottom feeders are an easy carry but can become troublsome in a car.

Each individual just needs to find what works best for when, where, and what they vape. Others opinions can be very helpful at times, but sometimes you just need to find out some things for yourself.

In answer to the OP, I have had cartos in tanks last over a month. The key to cartos is to keep them very wet, once you burn the filler it's all over.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread