Just Came Across This CRAZY Charger!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
Yeah it's just a pity it doesn't do all our battery needs.... the search goes on... :D

Imagine an ecig charger that could double up as an output passthru.. now we're talking! :)

lol .... well.... I have been thinking about modding at least one of the cell phones I have sitting in my closet. :D

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Smokindeuce - This is a off topic but I was wondering whats up in the UK, I'm going to Norwich to visit my daughter and wondered if I'll be shot for vaping (if you had guns).

Thanks-

Fortunately, guns are slightly harder to come by here in the UK.... a conservative scowl is probably the most you could expect I would imagine. :D

I would explain it as a nicotine delivery system to anyone concerned and offer them a demo.... of course if you plan on using it in pubs/restaurants, check first with the owner/manager. :)

I'm sure with you being from the US, you'll have no problem charming the locals. ;)

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Smokindeuce - Haven't been back to the UK snce the tighter restrictions. I didn't know if you can even smoke (or vape) outside shops, etc. or if there was a law re: so far away from entry ways. Everywhere (here too) has gotten crazy. I live in a tabacco state (NC) and we've even gone daft.

In the UK for analogue smokers, generally anywhere outside, which isn't say on a train platform etc is fine... most pubs/restaurants have outdoor smoking sections if you can stand the cold.

For vaping, the prudent idea, would be to stick with the same principles that apply to smoking, however of course if you're discrete, you'll most likely get away with it. And again, if you know you are going to be indoors in a public area for an extended period, ask the proprieter and you may even be pleasantly surprised.

I personally think that the less cigarette like the device is, the more chance you have of getting away with it. This automatically kills the possible argument: 'if other people see you vaping a realistic ecig, they may assume it's alright to smoke'.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Although the Police in the UK don't use guns that often. Don't think they aren't tuff.
Heres is a clip of the UK's version of the COPS TV show here. They are relentless in their pursuit of this criminal.

Sorry couldn't resist
Boogieman

Haha - and as you can see from this 'COPS TV' clip - the criminals are even tuffer and more devious! :p

Gotta love it...:thumbs:

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
A nextel i90/i60 with a PTT as the activation switch would be good I was thinking... Atty hanging out instead of the RF ant...

Packs a large batt preinstalled.

Yeah that looks a goodun... sheesh, now I better go through my collection of old cell phones to see which would be the best candidate for my next project.... :p

AJMoore

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Here and back
Although the Police in the UK don't use guns that often. Don't think they aren't tuff.
Heres is a clip of the UK's version of the COPS TV show here. They are relentless in their pursuit of this criminal.

YouTube - Benny Hill Show

Sorry couldn't resist
Boogieman
Boogie Man - on point!

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
I think I have the ultimate all battery charger! Howabout a nicad/nimh/li-ion/lipoly RC battery charger you use with RC planes and helicopters? You can even get ones that charge 1 cell!!! Clip the crocodile clips to your battery holder of choice, press a few random buttons and hope for the best! You can even see the percentage of charge/how bloated and leaky your improperly charging battery is on the LED screen of some models!!!!

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
I think I have the ultimate all battery charger! Howabout a nicad/nimh/li-ion/lipoly RC battery charger you use with RC planes and helicopters? You can even get ones that charge 1 cell!!! Clip the crocodile clips to your battery holder of choice, press a few random buttons and hope for the best! You can even see the percentage of charge/how bloated and leaky your improperly charging battery is on the LED screen of some models!!!!

Those would certainly do the trick.... although they're a little on the expensive side..... oh and you probably need a PHD in electronics to get the damn thing to work in the first place! :D

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
A nextel i90/i60 with a PTT as the activation switch would be good I was thinking... Atty hanging out instead of the RF ant...

Packs a large batt preinstalled.

Nooo Yaesu FT817!! She has something like 8 batteries in the back and the attie could go where the VHF antenna attaches!!! Now you can vape&call CQ(tm) as long as its on HF hehehe!! Hmm would an attie make a good antenna?

frogbmth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Dorset, UK
www.jantyclub.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread