The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Just Came Across This CRAZY Charger!!

Discussion in 'Moju Republic' started by smokindeuce, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. smokindeuce

smokindeuce Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    UK
  2. Thyestean

Thyestean Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 29, 2009
    Upstate NY
  3. smokindeuce

Sep 22, 2008
    UK

Yeah it's just a pity it doesn't do all our battery needs.... the search goes on... :D

Imagine an ecig charger that could double up as an output passthru.. now we're talking! :)

4. AJMoore

AJMoore Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 15, 2009
    Here and back
    Smokindeuce - This is a off topic but I was wondering whats up in the UK, I'm going to Norwich to visit my daughter and wondered if I'll be shot for vaping (if you had guns).

Thanks-

5. Thyestean

Thyestean Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 29, 2009
    Upstate NY
    lol .... well.... I have been thinking about modding at least one of the cell phones I have sitting in my closet. :D

6. smokindeuce

Sep 22, 2008
    UK
    Fortunately, guns are slightly harder to come by here in the UK.... a conservative scowl is probably the most you could expect I would imagine. :D

I would explain it as a nicotine delivery system to anyone concerned and offer them a demo.... of course if you plan on using it in pubs/restaurants, check first with the owner/manager. :)

I'm sure with you being from the US, you'll have no problem charming the locals. ;)

7. AJMoore

Supporting member
    Dec 15, 2009
    Here and back
    Smokindeuce - Haven't been back to the UK snce the tighter restrictions. I didn't know if you can even smoke (or vape) outside shops, etc. or if there was a law re: so far away from entry ways. Everywhere (here too) has gotten crazy. I live in a tabacco state (NC) and we've even gone daft.

8. smokindeuce

Sep 22, 2008
    UK
    Lol - I see you've also been bitten by that pesky modding bug where any ordinary house hold objects become modding fodder.... :D:D

9. smokindeuce

Sep 22, 2008
    UK
    In the UK for analogue smokers, generally anywhere outside, which isn't say on a train platform etc is fine... most pubs/restaurants have outdoor smoking sections if you can stand the cold.

For vaping, the prudent idea, would be to stick with the same principles that apply to smoking, however of course if you're discrete, you'll most likely get away with it. And again, if you know you are going to be indoors in a public area for an extended period, ask the proprieter and you may even be pleasantly surprised.

I personally think that the less cigarette like the device is, the more chance you have of getting away with it. This automatically kills the possible argument: 'if other people see you vaping a realistic ecig, they may assume it's alright to smoke'.

10. AJMoore

Supporting member
    Dec 15, 2009
    Here and back
    Thank you. I might be there in February (uggh) terrible weather but I have child minding duties.

11. smokindeuce

Sep 22, 2008
    UK
    Well it's been pretty cold here recently (most snow we've had for 50 years!), so make sure you bring plenty of warm clothes (oh and PV's) ! ;)

I'm sure you'll have a great time - Norfolk is lovely and no doubt your family will thoroughly appreciate the extra help! :)

12. TheBoogieman

TheBoogieman Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2009
    Brooklyn, New York
    Although the Police in the UK don't use guns that often. Don't think they aren't tuff.
    Heres is a clip of the UK's version of the COPS TV show here. They are relentless in their pursuit of this criminal.

YouTube - Benny Hill Show

Sorry couldn't resist
    Boogieman

13. the86d

the86d Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2009
    So. California, USA
    A nextel i90/i60 with a PTT as the activation switch would be good I was thinking... Atty hanging out instead of the RF ant...

Packs a large batt preinstalled.

14. smokindeuce

Sep 22, 2008
    UK

Haha - and as you can see from this 'COPS TV' clip - the criminals are even tuffer and more devious! :p

Gotta love it...:thumbs:

15. smokindeuce

Sep 22, 2008
    UK
    Yeah that looks a goodun... sheesh, now I better go through my collection of old cell phones to see which would be the best candidate for my next project.... :p

16. AJMoore

Supporting member
    Dec 15, 2009
    Here and back
    Boogie Man - on point!

17. tribalmasters

tribalmasters Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 19, 2008
    United Kingdom
    I think I have the ultimate all battery charger! Howabout a nicad/nimh/li-ion/lipoly RC battery charger you use with RC planes and helicopters? You can even get ones that charge 1 cell!!! Clip the crocodile clips to your battery holder of choice, press a few random buttons and hope for the best! You can even see the percentage of charge/how bloated and leaky your improperly charging battery is on the LED screen of some models!!!!

18. smokindeuce

Sep 22, 2008
    UK

Those would certainly do the trick.... although they're a little on the expensive side..... oh and you probably need a PHD in electronics to get the damn thing to work in the first place! :D

19. tribalmasters

tribalmasters Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 19, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Nooo Yaesu FT817!! She has something like 8 batteries in the back and the attie could go where the VHF antenna attaches!!! Now you can vape&call CQ(tm) as long as its on HF hehehe!! Hmm would an attie make a good antenna?

20. frogbmth

frogbmth Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2009
    Dorset, UK
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.