Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverdove

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Il, USA
I only been to 2 B+Ms so far and it has not been a good experience. I would love to look around and try some new juices. But am unable to even breath in them. They are so full of vapor clouds that it is even hard to see. Are all of them this way? It is nice to show people about the nice vapor and clouds (if they may be interested in that) but wouldn't it be better to at least put some kind of exhaust fan in to at least take a little of it out. So sorry if this sounds like complaining. It is not intended for that. If a new person who is just wanting to switch for health might would be turned off by this. IMO it would have turned me off if that was my first look at it, thinking my house would be so full of vapor. But thank goodness it was not. We had none close to me @ that time..

Oh sorry, enough of this. My real ??? is, are all of them like this. Am going to try to find some more to look into but have to drive about 75 miles for them only one opened this last year 21 miles away, and it is the worst of the two. Even thou it is a nice place, and helpful. Don't have a very big demand as of yet in this area.. Hope that changes soon. Always when picturing a vape shop it was a place you could sit and try some juice, new equipment and to chat about it all Very disappointed!

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I only been to 2 B+Ms so far and it has not been a good experience. I would love to look around and try some new juices. But am unable to even breath in them. They are so full of vapor clouds that it is even hard to see. Are all of them this way? It is nice to show people about the nice vapor and clouds (if they may be interested in that) but wouldn't it be better to at least put some kind of exhaust fan in to at least take a little of it out. So sorry if this sounds like complaining. It is not intended for that. If a new person who is just wanting to switch for health might would be turned off by this. IMO it would have turned me off if that was my first look at it, thinking my house would be so full of vapor. But thank goodness it was not. We had none close to me @ that time..

Oh sorry, enough of this. My real ??? is, are all of them like this. Am going to try to find some more to look into but have to drive about 75 miles for them only one opened this last year 21 miles away, and it is the worst of the two. Even thou it is a nice place, and helpful. Don't have a very big demand as of yet in this area.. Hope that changes soon. Always when picturing a Vape shop it was a place you could sit and try some juice, new equipment and to chat about it all Very disappointed!

No, not all of them. Although, if you think about it, when people are trying out liquids a bit of vapor does get blown around in there. If vape shops could just put in a better air handling system in.... I guess that is not going to happen unless people say something.... <hint, hint>

:)

Love your bird, by the way!

Another thought occurred to me, time of day you're visiting? More people in there = more vapor. ?

samwest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Gainesville Texas
experienced staff, good selection, no clouds please. Went to a vapemeet and during the cloud chasin' competition I had to bow out. Jeeze what's the attraction. Oh and just because there are billowing clouds of vape it does not mean the staff is particularly knowledgeable in all aspects and sensitive to your needs. I order online and visit BM's just to visit.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
If you walk in the door and immediately see a couch or 2 in front of the counter and you can "see" the couches, then you are there during slow hours. :) Some vape shops lose business simply because they allow a few to hang out and sub ohm all day. People feel intimidated with their newly purchased little ego kits and hurry up in and out without feelin comfortable enough to ask questions about upgrading and such. Sorta like goin into a gym with a bunch of muscle heads. But as mentioned there are others not like that. One here has a room for sales that is semi open to another area for sampling juice and a third separate room for social vapers. I think the thing to do is to provide better ventilation as has been suggested because at peak times you're bound to get fogged up a little anyway. I quit goin to the shops except for emergencies. Online purchasing is easier and more economical.

Silverdove

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Il, USA
No, not all of them. Although, if you think about it, when people are trying out liquids a bit of vapor does get blown around in there. If vape shops could just put in a better air handling system in.... I guess that is not going to happen unless people say something.... <hint, hint>

:)

Love your bird, by the way!

Another thought occurred to me, time of day you're visiting? More people in there = more vapor. ?

Thanks that is Keywii and he is a little demon in feathers. LOL

Would it be extremely rude of me to say something to these 2. I am not an outgoing kinda person. Would just like to see more people switch with out thinking this is the way it will be in their houses.
Neither were busy and the one had just one guy in it that was trying some juice. The sales boy (very young guy) was blowing clouds. One after another.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Thanks that is Keywii and he is a little demon in feathers. LOL

Would it be extremely rude of me to say something to these 2. I am not an outgoing kinda person. Would just like to see more people switch with out thinking this is the way it will be in their houses.
Neither were busy and the one had just one guy in it that was trying some juice. The sales boy (very young guy) was blowing clouds. One after another.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. An efficient air handling system would do wonders.

I bet Keywii is a demon in feathers :lol: I can see it in the way her/his (?) eyes are on the camera ;)

Silverdove

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Il, USA
If you walk in the door and immediately see a couch or 2 in front of the counter and you can "see" the couches, then you are there during slow hours. :) Some vape shops lose business simply because they allow a few to hang out and sub ohm all day. People feel intimidated with their newly purchased little ego kits and hurry up in and out without feelin comfortable enough to ask questions about upgrading and such. Sorta like goin into a gym with a bunch of muscle heads. But as mentioned there are others not like that. One here has a room for sales that is semi open to another area for sampling juice and a third separate room for social vapers. I think the thing to do is to provide better ventilation as has been suggested because at peak times you're bound to get fogged up a little anyway. I quit goin to the shops except for emergencies. Online purchasing is easier and more economical.

This is what I always had a picture in my mind of. Sounds like a nice place. I do most my buying online and DIY my juice except for one I like at the 2 shops. Thanks for the input folks.

skittster

Sep 15, 2013
London
My local shop is spot on. Run by two decent lads (it's in Abingdon in the UK) and they are always very friendly and know there stuff. It can be a bit daunting going into these places if you are new to vaping and don't really know what you are talking about.
For me it's more worrying when shops have staff in who have no idea what they are selling and give really bad advise. I won't mention the shop in question where this is a regular situation but I would rather walk into a place full of vape but that you know you are getting good kit and advice from than one that has good extractors but the staff are about as much use as nipples on a fish

Last edited:

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
No. In Greeley, Colorado they've banned vaping in vape shops, and so you won't have that problem there anymore, unfortunately.

That is unfortunate as well as stupid and an infringement. I don't know if it's still there, but I built the fitness equipment for the Ladies Workout Express in Greeley.:)

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Most of the time I go in it is nice and clear. The only time it is all fogged up is when they are doing a cloud competition. If it was your first time there I could see how it would be bad, but usually there are so many people in there you have to know it is some kind of party. Hell sometimes I wish I did low builds to join one cause the prizes they give out are awesome. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread