Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Really? This forum is really wonky. I just tried to edit my post and got an error message, too. Something about the forum trying to protect itself from being attacked. :lol:

I got an error on my last post and when I checked it was posted. They must be working on the back end and we are seeing it here.

Paul Mohr

Oct 28, 2017
Adrian MI
Used kanthal forever, just started playing with temp control so I have some SS and NI200.

My vote goes to kanthal. The NI 200 is ok, but its pretty soft and since the resistance is so low it is only good for temp control. Which I am not overly impressed with yet.

Stainless is just to stiff and springy for my liking, but I got 26 gauge. Maybe something thinner would be easier to work with. Would let me build some higher ohm coils for non temp control as well.

28 gauge kanthal is still the go to wire for me right now.

Paul Mohr

Oct 28, 2017
Adrian MI
Not mine, not even remotely close. I have made thousands of coils over the years. 28 gauge kanthal I just wrap it around a small screwdriver and give it tug. Nice and tight and the leads stay where I want them. With 26 gauge stainless I need to chuck it in a drill and hold tension on it while turning the bit to keep it tight. And then the leads still tend to spring back some. I even tried torching it first to soften it up, didn't help much.

Maybe I got an extra stiff batch or something.

Or maybe there is just that much of a difference between 28 and 26 gauge wire. Never used 26 gauge kanthal so I have no comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread