Just de-bridged an atty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
I decided to try de-bridging one of my 510 atties. I see that buying one already de-bridged costs a little more and I have 4 atties so, I decided to try it myself. I got the bridge out after fussing with it for a while. The cup kept trying to lift out so I would push it back down and keep wiggling the bridge til I finally got it out. After that I just pushed the mesh off to the side. I did not want to risk pulling the guts out. I got most of the wicking thread out but there is still some that goes thru the coil that I could not get.

I tried it out after doing a clean and dry burn. It works pretty good! :)

Do I need to worry about the thread or the mesh? It does not seem to affect the dripping. Taste is great! :vapor:

revolver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Buenos Aires
Do I need to worry about the thread or the mesh? It does not seem to affect the dripping.

Not at all...
A debridged atty does have its pros !!! The 'clean' and consistant overall taste for the most part. Remember, though, you will only be able to drip one drop eventually (which is kinda a PITA sometimes). This will provide for at least 2/3 good drags full of vapor!
Welcome to the DARK SIDE, heeeeee!

revolver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Buenos Aires
Two drops may be way too much eventually, and may result in both clogging and leaking issues, but you will be able to tell... And unlike a fully meshed / bridged atty which could be a pain when it gets clogged and flooded, in the case of a debridged it will be more intuitive and you will be able to vape though the flood for a few puffs...
The fact that two drops will eventually be too much stems from the fact that you are not yet using those two drops (hence the few puffs, which mean only one drop is being vaped effectively), but part of the juice is being absorved and kept in the mesh and wicking. Eventually this wont hold more liquid and all of it will go into the ceramic cup, plus when you drag you may force some liquid out of the mesh and into the cup, so.... One drop only will work then. Nevermind the viscocity nor anything.
Of course maybe you are dealing with mini super-tiny drops and thats that!

Oh! When you mentioned theres some wick going through the coil: THAT wick is not to be removed!!!!!!

Last edited:

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
thanx, guys! I am enjoying INDEED!!!

I have a Provari, a MonkeeBoxx bottom feeder, an eGo 1000ma battery with tank atty, and a 510. I use cartomizers mostly. The atties were sitting in a box so I decided to try the de-bridging. I was dripping with the atty stock but wanted to see the improvement I keep reading about. Me like!!!:vapor::p

Last edited:

revolver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Buenos Aires
when i get too much and sounds/feels like its flooded i give it a good strong pull without lighting up the atty. that pulls the juice up top and out of the air holes and then immediately light the atty and vape. gives a good juicy vape.

Yep, good trick... Though, if you drag too much you may end up forcing liquid within the mesh out and into the ceramic cup, which could lead to more clogging/ flood circle...
If done correctly, and your can 'feel' your atty then: It may be a cool 'wet vape' you get as a result, agreed!

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
OK, it is a plain Jane standard 510 atty. I have never tried a LR atty. Did not think I really needed one since I have VV now. I have 4 510 atties so I stripped one. They cost at least a buck more to buy them already de-bridged. Not hard to do if you are careful and patient.

Have tried it on my Provari at 4 volts and on my eGo battery. Using pass-thru now.

revolver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Buenos Aires
Ok...cool...!
Vaping this way is the bomb!

I have been after something which allows me to vape this way minus the disadvantage of having to re-drip constantly, because I much prefer this rather than the bottom-feeding system, which makes a 'wet vape' too wet for my preferences... And thought how great it would be to have a drip tip with a mini-dropper and then came across a thread about the Micro-Juice-Box by Scottbee which was basically that; a modified cart...but this was a mod tricky to be made... Then I came across Jon Cammarata mods which apparently work this way; with debridged atties and a feeding system which drops just the right amount to keep it in the sweet spot! I am willing to get one of these for I am a terrible modder myself.
His fatty looks HOT... Check it!
Here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...m/160903-diy-vids-no-leak-atty-tank-mods.html
PS: The eGo T seems to be partially based on these ideas and is their evolution but the flavor, IMO is way too subtle compared to dripping...

Last edited:

revolver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Buenos Aires
Oh! And I wouldnt know the technicalities to it, but I guess LR atties make up a combo which is not quite the same as getting the same watts without LR... In my personal experience there is still a difference in the 'feel' to the vape and I am totally LR now! I remember some members posted the technicalities behind the possible differences...
So, you should try a LR (around 1,5, I guess...?) 510 and 306 with a true 3,7 MOD... Thats heaven with most flavours...! Though I would not think the same way back when I first tried LR... It took some time for me to develop this LR luv! haaa.

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
nope. I have only bought cartos from FSUSA. They are different from others from what I have read. Plastic. I have not gotten a bad taste from them as long as I keep them wet. I have some that are over a month old now. I vape about 1.5 ml a day so i am not a heavy vaper.

I am still learning and evolving in this new hobby. I am set for a while now and am trying to limit my spending LOL:laugh:

I have enuff batteries and equipment to do me fine for now. I do still try new flavors tho....

I have been toying with getting another eGo battery and giving my 510 to a cousin I am trying to get to quit cigarettes. I like my 1000ma battery! Do not want to buy a complete kit since i use cartomizers and already have several atties. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread