Just dripping.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdrancor

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2008
reddingk.com
Yep, I drip exclusively. I use a mini, and the cartridges are so damn small anyhow, and the liquid flow so slow, that I've found dripping to be easier. I do 2 or 3 drops on the atomizer. If it is too wet from this, I point the tip up to let the liquid flow away from the atomizer, and take a drag. Then, I smoke it horizontally. When it starts getting a little dry, I point it down.

It takes a little getting used to, but so do most things.

Kit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2008
UK
Yep, I drip exclusively. I use a mini, and the cartridges are so damn small anyhow, and the liquid flow so slow, that I've found dripping to be easier. I do 2 or 3 drops on the atomizer. If it is too wet from this, I point the tip up to let the liquid flow away from the atomizer, and take a drag. Then, I smoke it horizontally. When it starts getting a little dry, I point it down.

It takes a little getting used to, but so do most things.
That the same method i use mate:) and my atomizers still going strong :evil:

UncleMidriff

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2008
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
To all drippers out there: How long does your two or three drops of the fun stuff directly onto the atomizer last you?

I've recently gotten fed up with carts and their propensity to leave fibers in the atomizer, which end up getting heated and making my diet smoke smell and taste of burnt plastic. So I started dripping. At first, dripping 3 or 4 drops onto the atomizer lasted a surprisingly long time. Then, in an effort to completely rid my atomizer of the aforementioned plastic smell/taste, I ran it under warm water for a bit, and then blew through it until it was dry.

Now, 3 or 4 drops produces a nice amount of diet smoke, but not for nearly as long.

Any ideas?

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
With my homemade smokin juice, I drip the atomizer AND I refill the cart at the same time, and I am getting more vapor than I can handle- I get really good vapor for abotu 1-2 hours, then I either re-drip the atomizer and fill cart, or just fill the cart- depending on if I think the vapor is diminishing some because hte atomizer seems a bit too dry or something. I wish I had a video camera to show the vapor- it's a lot and it lasts a long time by dripping both the carts and the atomizer- I think the key to my vapor is that I'm using about 50% Glycerin, 50% PG for my main mix, which I then use about 80% of that PG/Glycerin mix to 20% of my cooked down tobacco juice- the only thing though is that this vapor does linger in the air a bit longer than normal prefilled Cart vapor does as it's got more glycerin which produces a bit heavier type vapor. I do have to double-draw, as it seems this mix requires a little bit hotter atomizer for a good vapor cloud though, but no big deal for me- just gotta keep batteries fairly fresh for a bit easier draw.

Uncle- I had one do that on me too- I tried simmering it in water with a dab of baking soda, and that didn't seem to help, and I thought the atomizer was kaput- then for the hay of it I soaked it in hydrogen peroxide, rinsed, blew the excess out from the top, and it started workign quite well again after I primed it with some glycerin drops- not saying htis will work for yours, but it might be worth a last ditch effort try if nothign else works for ya.

Kit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2008
UK
With my homemade smokin juice, I drip the atomizer AND I refill the cart at the same time, and I am getting more vapor than I can handle- I get really good vapor for abotu 1-2 hours, then I either re-drip the atomizer and fill cart, or just fill the cart- depending on if I think the vapor is diminishing some because hte atomizer seems a bit too dry or something. I wish I had a video camera to show the vapor- it's a lot and it lasts a long time by dripping both the carts and the atomizer- I think the key to my vapor is that I'm using about 50% Glycerin, 50% PG for my main mix, which I then use about 80% of that PG/Glycerin mix to 20% of my cooked down tobacco juice- the only thing though is that this vapor does linger in the air a bit longer than normal prefilled Cart vapor does as it's got more glycerin which produces a bit heavier type vapor. I do have to double-draw, as it seems this mix requires a little bit hotter atomizer for a good vapor cloud though, but no big deal for me- just gotta keep batteries fairly fresh for a bit easier draw.

Uncle- I had one do that on me too- I tried simmering it in water with a dab of baking soda, and that didn't seem to help, and I thought the atomizer was kaput- then for the hay of it I soaked it in hydrogen peroxide, rinsed, blew the excess out from the top, and it started workign quite well again after I primed it with some glycerin drops- not saying htis will work for yours, but it might be worth a last ditch effort try if nothign else works for ya.

cool method mate i think you've cracked it!

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
in an effort to completely rid my atomizer of the aforementioned plastic smell/taste, I ran it under warm water for a bit, and then blew through it until it was dry.

Now, 3 or 4 drops produces a nice amount of diet smoke, but not for nearly as long.

Any ideas?
Prior to the cleaning I doubt you were smoking only the liquid drops; you were smoking all the liquid still floating around inside the atomizer and soaked into the fibers.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
lol Kit- when I first read your comment, I thought it said "Cool method mate I think you're cracked up" Which, if you had, I would have had to agree 100% lol

In the mornings (11:00 a.m- Yup, I get up at hte cracl of dawn lol) I put a prefilled cartridge in because I take the pen with me to the resturaunt every morning, and smoke it while waiting for my breakfast, and the prefilled Carts don't have quite the smell that my homemade smokin juice does, and I'll smoke the prefilled cart until it starts getting dry- usually around 3-4:00 p.m, then I'll start refilling it. The vapor cloud I get with the refilling is quite a bit more dense than the prefilled cart produces, and it's also a heavier hit/feel when inhaling too which I forgot to mention. The prefilled carts produce a lighter vapor and draw.

I'll test it later tonight, but I think I'm getting about 1-2 hours smokin when I refill- Not sure why, but the refilling doesn't last as long as the prefilled carts for some reason, but 1-2 hours is plenty for most road-trips if indeed that's what I'm getting- As I mentioend, I'll test it tonight to see just howl ong I get on a refill- this is all steady smoking too I smoke constantly with hte pen- much more than I do if I am smoking regular Ciggs- with regular ciggs, I go 1-2 hours between cigarettes, but with hte pen- I'm smoking steady- I guess it's to get enough nicotine to keep my levels steady- but hte point is that when I say I tyhink I'm getting 1-2 hours on a refilled Cart, that includes the fact that it's a steady 1-2 hours of smoking- if I were to smoke it like I do my regular ciggs, I'd probably get quite a bit longer time out of a refilled cart.

hello naz been wanting to make my own smoke juice but read elsewhere that there might b particles in the home made tobacoo juice. what do you use to strain it with?

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Hi Values, I just use a coffee filter and let it drip through- I don't try to force it through by squashing it in the filter or anything- I haven't had a problem with it so far- but if you want ot be extra careful, run hte filtered juice htrough another filter after- I've been dripping for abotu a week now & no problems so far- You jusyt gotta make sure you have enough Glycerin in the mix as the glycerin is thicker, and helps to thicken the whole lot so it won't be so thin that it won't atomize right, plus hte thicker liquid stays in the cart longer and won't have tendancy to run down into battery as much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread