Status
Not open for further replies.

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
Hey all, no time no talk.

Anyway, I bought an Ego-C Twist yesterday. The ones with the 'tank cartomizer'. I'd like to order some more tanks, but I don't know what I'm looking for. Can anyone point me to the proper tanks?

Thanks a ton!

It's nice to be back, btw. I went back to analogs for about a year 1/2 and my lungs were killing me. I love all the new ideas and innovations that have come to the electronic world!

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
Thanks. Although I realized my battery is a male thread, 'tankomizer' is a female thread. Is that just a "stock" photo? Also, which is better; Boge, Smoketek or a dual coil?

Here are some pics of my vape to help illustrate what I'm talking about.

ego-ctwist001.jpg

Male thread:
ego-ctwist002.jpg

Female thread on 'tankomizer':
ego-ctwist003.jpg

Female thread:
ego-ctwist004.jpg

I just want to make sure what I'm purchasing is correct.

Thanks again!

rob79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2012
Canada
Hey man. I'm really new to this but I think I might be able to help you. From what I can tell looking at those pics, what you have there is neither an atty/tank setup, nor a tankomizer, it's a Stardust clearomizer (I have a couple of the exact same ones). They're really good IMO, but I haven't compared them to a lot. The eGo-T tank system is totally different, you just get a drip-style atty that has a spike on the top, and a plastic tank/tip that you push over that spike. Tankomizers look like clearomizers, but instead of having wicks in them they have a polyfill style carto in them to soak up the juice from the tank. I've heard those eGo atty/tank setups aren't great and that they're prone to leaking, which is why I went with the clearomizers rather than the tanks for my first eGo setup.

Here is a link to the stardusts if you want to order some replacements (I've heard they last for a few weeks, and can be cleaned fairly easily - lots of videos on youtube about that). Stardust 2.0 coil ego vision stardust

Take care.

Last edited:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
yeah I'm a bit confused too. If you're wanting the same thing you have there in the pic.....you'll want a vision ego clearomizer ce4 also known as a stardust. That's gotvapes name for it. They have replaceable ones now that you can unscrew the bottom and the stem comes out so you can clean them and dry burn super easy! Also they have replaceable atty heads that just screw on.
GotVapes VISION Replaceable Stardust 1.6ml w/ 2.4ohm Long Wick [gv-RebuildableSTARDUST-1.6ml-2.4] - $6.45 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

But as someone else mentioned.......I much prefer the vivi nova to the stardust, unless you really want to go with tanks and cartos. I can't stand filler cartos myself. Vivis also come apart to clean super easy, and have replaceable heads. Burns out, pop another on for 3.00
GotVapes VISION ViVi NOVA™ 3.5ml V2.5 REBUILDABLE TANK [gv-VIVINOVA-TANKV2.5] - $12.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

the full size comes with 3 heads so right now that's 4.31/head 1.8ohm, 2.4ohm and 2.8ohm The mini vivi comes with one head.

ETA: And welcome back to vaping! Hope it works great for you this time!!

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
I've also tried both the stardusts (like you have in your pic) and the Vivi Nova's that others have mentioned. In my opinio, for a more consistent, quality vape, grab yourself the Vivi Nova. I have only tried the vivi nova mini version, but I'm absolutely loving them. To me, they perform FAR better than the Stardusts, and are lasting much longer before I see any decline in performance. The replaceable heads are great too. On my Twist battery, I am finding the 2.4ohm heads seem to give me the best vape at around 4.2-4.4volts.

Welcome back, and best of luck!

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
yeah I'm a bit confused too. If you're wanting the same thing you have there in the pic.....you'll want a vision ego clearomizer ce4 also known as a stardust. That's gotvapes name for it. They have replaceable ones now that you can unscrew the bottom and the stem comes out so you can clean them and dry burn super easy! Also they have replaceable atty heads that just screw on.
GotVapes VISION Replaceable Stardust 1.6ml w/ 2.4ohm Long Wick [gv-RebuildableSTARDUST-1.6ml-2.4] - $6.45 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

But as someone else mentioned.......I much prefer the vivi nova to the stardust, unless you really want to go with tanks and cartos. I can't stand filler cartos myself. Vivis also come apart to clean super easy, and have replaceable heads. Burns out, pop another on for 3.00
GotVapes VISION ViVi NOVA™ 3.5ml V2.5 REBUILDABLE TANK [gv-VIVINOVA-TANKV2.5] - $12.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

the full size comes with 3 heads so right now that's 4.31/head 1.8ohm, 2.4ohm and 2.8ohm The mini vivi comes with one head.

ETA: And welcome back to vaping! Hope it works great for you this time!!

Ok, thanks for your help. When I was vaping previously, none of this tank stuff was around. Just attys and cartos. The Ego was only 2 months old when I quit!

I bought one of each of what you listed. I'll see what I prefer. Thanks again!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Ok, thanks for your help. When I was vaping previously, none of this tank stuff was around. Just attys and cartos. The Ego was only 2 months old when I quit!

I bought one of each of what you listed. I'll see what I prefer. Thanks again!

You're so welcome. Glad it helped. Hope you like what you got. Yeah a lot of these things haven't been out long. My fav is the vivi. I really love the ce3 bottom coils (phoenix), but they don't hold much. I really like the bc cooler vape though. The raven was supposed to be a tank using these, but the manufacturer changed it completely from the test pieces without telling GV and it was a complete bust, horrible little thing. (GV did refund everyone). They're working on trying to get it to be what it was supposed to be.

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
Hey, you're a glass blower. Did you know they have some nice glass tanks on here? Search "Lavatanks". Maybe make some for the folks here- People have to wait quite awhile for these.

Guilty as charged. I used to make juice bottles for the PIF group and some drip tips. Lately I've been taking a break from glass. I injured one of my wrists and had to get surgery. Doc said to take it easy on working glass for a bit. :(

You're so welcome. Glad it helped. Hope you like what you got. Yeah a lot of these things haven't been out long. My fav is the vivi. I really love the ce3 bottom coils (phoenix), but they don't hold much. I really like the bc cooler vape though. The raven was supposed to be a tank using these, but the manufacturer changed it completely from the test pieces without telling GV and it was a complete bust, horrible little thing. (GV did refund everyone). They're working on trying to get it to be what it was supposed to be.

I got some more of the Stardust clearomizers and some of the vivis to try out. You've helped immensely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread