Just getting setup to learn about RBA's Help with shopping list please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirebornMuse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

John_

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Riverside, California, USA
For wire you're going to want to check 3 places, eBay, Amazon, and TemCo. They have the lowest prices on resistance wire around you can get 50-100ft of wire for $5-10. I have found 28 Gauge Kanthal A1 to be my favorite wire in RBAs.

For wick, if you want the cheapest option you're going to want to pick up 100% organic cotton or cotton yarn, you can get these from any craft store, the cotton balls you can get pretty much anywhere. A lot of people including myself have found cotton to be their favorite wick, it's not just a cheap solution. With cotton you do have to be more careful than silica because if you fire your device when it's dry it will burn instantly.

If you're going to use silica or ekowool, eBay would probably be your best bet. If you need SS mesh, I don't know haven't gotten into it.

EDIT: Oh, and if you're looking for an authentic rda for not too much money, I would recommend getting an IGO-L or IGO-W. You can pick them up almost anywhere but I linked to OKCVapes. If you search YouTube for IGO-L you can find plenty of videos for it, I would recommend GrimmGreen's or PBusardo's reviews.

Last edited:

Nurzrachit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Gray,GA.
Go to Temco. I would recommend 30 guage since you are using a regulated device. Watch some YouTube tutorials on microcoiling using cotton balls. Any of those small drippers should be fine, the DID is a genesis atty,its a different type of rebuildable from the others. I have the Trident and it works awesome. You will need to wrap your coil to about 1.4 Ohms or a little higher to get it to function properly on the Vamo. Make sure you saturate the cotton fully before hitting the button too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread