Just getting started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tess Clark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi, I'm new to the forum and to the hobby. I actually haven't ordered anything yet, I've been buying cheap disposables and doing a ton of reading so that I don't end up with buyer's remorse right off the bat.

I originally thought that I wanted one of the starter kits from V2, but now I'm leaning toward a MVP 2 and a few different clearomizer to experiment with. The MVP looks kind of odd to me, but function over form, y'know?

The only thing I'm worried about is the liquid, lol. I've been reading so much that I have a flavor want list a mile long. Anyway, hi from the new person and thanks for all of the great reading material.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Hey Tess
Welcome! I started about a month ago. i had that buyer's remorse because I didn't read here first so, you're already on the good foot. If you read through this thread: Variable Voltage APV Discussion you'll find a wealth of knowledge about the MVP 2 among many others.

As for liquids think of it as discovery, an adventure or any other way to justify that you'll be testing a sea of different juices to find your favs. Personally, I'm still and will be discovering for awhile because I have plenty of empty cabinet space.

It's quite a learning curve but the amount of knowledge, guidance and general nice-ness here will help a lot.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Welcome Tess!

Lots of great things from which to choose. A regulated mod is good for starters. Toppers, there are loads from which to choose. juice, that's another world in and of itself. Sample packs (small bottles) to start with will help. You'll find your tastebuds will change up as you get away from cigarettes. Something you like today may taste hideous in a few weeks or so.

Keep reading, keep asking questions - things will click for you

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi, I'm new to the forum and to the hobby. I actually haven't ordered anything yet, I've been buying cheap disposables and doing a ton of reading so that I don't end up with buyer's remorse right off the bat.

I originally thought that I wanted one of the starter kits from V2, but now I'm leaning toward a MVP 2 and a few different clearomizer to experiment with. The MVP looks kind of odd to me, but function over form, y'know?

The only thing I'm worried about is the liquid, lol. I've been reading so much that I have a flavor want list a mile long. Anyway, hi from the new person and thanks for all of the great reading material.

Hi Tess.

Welcome to the ECF. The ECF is a Great Forum with Lots of Very Helpful Members.

I Have a MVP v2. I like it. Great Price. Has a Nice Battery Life. VV and VW. It also Doesn't want to fall over when I put it down on the Desk or the Nightstand.

My Only Grip when I got it was that the Power Button was Very Flush with the Frame around the Button. And with my Fat Thumb, it was a Little Awkward to push the Power Button.

It was a Simple Fix though. I just Cut a Small Rectangle of Sheet Rubber and Glued it to the Power Button. So Now the Button Sticks Out Slightly. Which for Me, is Easier to use.

Tess Clark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
^See, more info to add to the pile. You guys are awesome. =)

One thing I'm still not sure about, I know you need glass/pyrex for some flavors, but would I still want to pick up some of the cheaper plastic clearomizers for plastic-safe stuff? Knowing myself, I'll probably want to try flavors like mad until I settle in.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
^See, more info to add to the pile. You guys are awesome. =)

One thing I'm still not sure about, I know you need glass/pyrex for some flavors, but would I still want to pick up some of the cheaper plastic clearomizers for plastic-safe stuff? Knowing myself, I'll probably want to try flavors like mad until I settle in.

Flavorings that will Degrade Polycarbonate Clearomizers or Tank Bodies are more the Exception that the Rule. Also, many e-Liquid Vendors put Warnings on their Web sites for Flavors that could Crack/Craze Clearos.

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
The MVP is a great choice, or a variable voltage stock like a spinner or winder.
For flavors......you should consider sampler packs, until u determine what flavor profile you're into. I'll save ya some time and headache and suggest the sampler from Bionic Vapor. Might as well start with the good stuff.
Go nuts with it though. You'd be surprised how much you like flavors you didn't think you would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread