The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Just got a GLV and I have lot's of ?'s

Discussion in 'GreatLakesVapor' started by Löki, Feb 1, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Löki

Löki Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 27, 2009
    Ok so as I'm sure alot of you out there know I'm a trader and like to try new thing's, That being said I got my self a kr808d-1 a few weeks ago and just traded it away for a used GLV 5v. First I must say I really don't understand why people love the 808 so much, I think taste burnt and yucky but back on topic here.

So Like I said I got my self a 5v glv. It came with 2 tenergy rca123a 3.0v 750 mAh battery's and a 901 atty adaptor.

So now for the ?'s

1. Where can I get rca123a battery's cheep ?

2. Where can I get a charger for use with the rca123a's because the charger I have that I thot would work will not.

3. Can I buy just the top part of the unit without the resistor and use the unit at 3.7v ?

4. If I can get a top without the resistor what battery would be used to make it a 3.7v unit ?

5. If I could get a new top and battery for running the unit at 3.7 will the charger for the rca123a's also charge the battery that would be needed to run 3.7v?

6. How long should the rca123a's last say compaired to a 14500 running an unplugged bartlby ?

After useing the unit for the past few min's I'm not too worried about running it at 3.7v so ?'s 3,4, and 5 are pretty much fluff now. But someone must tell me where I can get alot of e-liquid cheep. Because I can see myself selling all my 3,7 volt stuff and needing alot more liquid from here on.

Thanx

2. 5th Element

5th Element Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 3, 2010
    Ohio
    batteryjunction.com has the batterys and charger. u get 6 batterys and the charger and the car adapter for 30 bucks. a set lasts me 6hrs but i vape the whole time lol

3. doots

doots Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2009
    Hi Loki

first off you can use the batteries you have. the 750Mah tenergys 3v are not the correct batteries to use. You need to be using rc123a 3.7 batteries in the GLV.
    you can get these at battery junction.

You cant vape at 3.7v becuase of the resistor in the circuit. there are no heads to date without the resistor for the 5v unit..

try myfreedomsmoke.com for good juice.

4. Löki

Sep 27, 2009
    Kinda cornfusded now I am.......

So the rca123a 3.0v are not what should be used with the unit but they will work the same as the 3.7v one's because of the resitor? ?

And by that logic when I get the right battery's they will just last longer not make for more vapor ?

Please look at my avatar when responding to all my ?'s , If you get my meaning ROFL !

5. Löki

Sep 27, 2009

Thank you for the link, I was going to order from madvapes but they have no charger's in stock right now so I went to the glv site and they don't even sell battery's or charger's that I could find so I was about to cry..

6. doots

Aug 22, 2009
    Hi Loki

the ones you have will work but will hit the 5v mark much quicker than the 3.7 battys will..

there are 2 types of rcr123a's. there are 3v and 3.7 volts.

you should probably get between 5-7 hrs pretty easily on the 3.7's.

you will get a little more vapor from 3.7's and also get much longer run time with the 3.7's.

Ill look up the link for the battys you need.

7. doots

Aug 22, 2009
  8. Löki

Sep 27, 2009
    This is what I have http://www.vaprlife.com/unli37vobach.html. It only charge's one at a time but it should work in a pinch to charge the Ultrafire 3.6V 880mah Protected Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery RCR123A CR123A 16340 CR16340 is what your saying right?

9. doots

Aug 22, 2009
    lifepo4 batterys like the tenergys 750mah you have can only be charged in that charger. I have never seen the tenergy charger have only one compartment. not sure you have the right charger for it.

the 3.6 ultrafires cant be charged in the charger you have for the tenergys lifepo4 batteries because they are a different chemical make up.

10. Löki

Sep 27, 2009
    The GLV did not come with a charger. I only got 2 charged rca123a 3.0v battery's. The charger I linked is the charger I have for use with other mod's.

If you look at my number 2 in the first post I tryed to point out I got lipo battery's but did not get a charger and the charger I have that I thot would work does not.

Sorry some time's I think I'm typing clearly but I'm only talking circle's around my self ....

:EDIT:
    Thank you loots doots for all your help.

11. Löki

Sep 27, 2009
  12. doots

Aug 22, 2009
  13. jaybird

jaybird Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Apr 21, 2009
    MI USA
    Yea what Doots said...lol Thanks again Doots, ..sorry I have been busy last 2 days getting new stock ordered, and welded.

14. Löki

Sep 27, 2009
    Must say I'm still loving the glv, And I hate just about everything so saying I love anything for any amount of time is really something.

jaybird sent you a pm please get back to me.

15. doots

Aug 22, 2009
    yeah , I love mine too. always works and is really a good 5v device...
    I had one little problem at first with it and jay fixed it sent it back at his expense and I couldnt be more happy.

16. Löki

Sep 27, 2009
    I have one little problem and one big problem with my GLV.

As I said I got this unit used and well the person I got it from was also not the first owned so with that said I do not think of it as defect with the unit in any way I just think the former owners used the hell out of it, But the button fails to activate sometime's and I kinda have to tap the button a few times to get it to fire.
    Thats the little problem.

( :EDIT: )
    ( Not Really a problem at all seeing as how jaybird is going to put a new button in the unit for me for a very resonable charge. If I can bring my self to part with it for a few days that is lol )

The Big Problem is I did not get my battery's in the mail yet so have been using a flashlight charger at work to charge the battery's I do have that work with the unit, So seeing as how I can't put the dang thing down ever the battery's are always dead so I find my self now hanging out at work and not getting any over time pay but always getting asked to help out with this and that while I wait for the light to turn green LOL

( :EDIT: #2 )
    ( I feel I need to add something about the durability of the glv, I have only had it for a few days but can tell from looking at it that it's been in service for a very good amount of time. And it was not pamped or babyed in anyway what so ever. But this thing took the beat down like an mma champ and kept / keep's coming back for more. Keep up the good work ! )

17. SOH Joe

SOH Joe Full Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Wisconsin
    why is there such a variation in batteries?

18. jaybird

jaybird Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Apr 21, 2009
    MI USA
    As far as size goes, the chip in the protected batteries makes the end a little bigger than the unprotected. That's why people were having a hard time getting the batteries in the tube. I had the shop make the inside of the battery tube a little bigger to fit the protected batteries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.