just got kiss box first impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmasu

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
hawaii
I like it, but seems the hotness is gone the vapor is really cool, not like my pilot and other clones. ONe thing I dont like is the virginia juice in the carts, that is the most disgusting thing I have tasted I dont know if its the carts themselves but it tastes like a permanent marker, just toxic tasting, is it the juice or the cart? I tried to wash out the filter and reload with my apple PS but it still tastes like that maybe its in the atomizer still.
Any comments are appreciated,

Thanks
Doc

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I like it, but seems the hotness is gone the vapor is really cool, not like my pilot and other clones. ONe thing I dont like is the virginia juice in the carts, that is the most disgusting thing I have tasted I dont know if its the carts themselves but it tastes like a permanent marker, just toxic tasting, is it the juice or the cart? I tried to wash out the filter and reload with my apple PS but it still tastes like that maybe its in the atomizer still.
Any comments are appreciated,

Thanks
Doc

Doc--Overall, I found the Kissbox ok but a little overrated compared to some of the e-cigs I have--but all in all a good unit. Just smoke though that bad taste and your atomizer will clear in a day. You could try flooding it with Puresmoke's apple or drip smoke it--whatever you do, the taste will clear--Sun

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Yup, vape through the nasty new atomizer taste. :p

When I first got off of analogs, I found the Kissbox not terribly satisfying. The vapor was too cool, and there wasn't the harshness that I had gotten used to with the analogs. Then my atomizers died, so I put it up until I managed to get a hold of some replacements.

After the death of my beloved Dura, I picked back up with the Kissbox. I was surprised to find that while the vapor was still cool, it had a richness to it that I hadn't noticed before. When I vape the same eLiquid in the KB and my DSE901, I notice that there is a lot more taste with the KB and it is a much smoother vape.

Having been away from analogs for a few weeks, I found that the KB was actually quite satisfying. I'm not sure whether that's because my lungs have started to repair themselves a bit so that I don't need the harshness to actually feel a vape or whether it's simply that I'm kind of retraining myself psychologically.

In any event, it was NOT love and first puff with my KB, but I've learned to love it. :)

Dr. Russell Fell

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
Florida
the kb and all janty related products seem like smoke and mirrors in my opinion. all hype and a big fancy brand name to match. even when their enthusiast parked claimed how amazing the dura was and that it was completely and utterly different "under the hood" to the joytech version, he and janty - whom i assume told him the latter fib - were proved wrong. a slip up on joytech's part and a huge blow to janty's credibility. or what was left of it at least. at least their juice is good.

rmasu

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
hawaii
Thats OK, I got my DDS from a mail in on the back of a cereal box, just kidding University of Colorado.
So my kissbox is working better, I drip a few drops on the atom and it real gives more vapor now, but when it gets dry that funny taste comes back. I think the taste is getting less, or I'm getting used to it. Its weird different liquids tates different in the kissbox, I thought it would be the same.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Its weird different liquids tates different in the kissbox, I thought it would be the same.

My experience is the same as yours . . . the same eliquid tastes different in my Kissbox versus the DSE901. The vapor from the KB is smoother, cooler, and tends to have more taste (and a more complex taste).

One person (forgive me--can't remember who) speculated that perhaps it has to do with the greater length of the atomizer barrel in the pen styles. (Apparently, tobacco pipes provide different flavor depending upon the length of the stem, among other things.)

Last edited:

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
By all accounts the Kissbox doesnt work well with carts for some reason. Seems to like drip smoking only.

The best vapor I get is when I have either a fresh cart or a freshly topped off cart. However, that's pretty much the case with all of my ecigs, regardless of model.

I will say, though, that when the vapor tapers off a bit, if I let it sit for a few minutes then pick it up again, it does quite nicely with no topping off. I think I sometimes vape faster than my ecigs can wick. :D

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
I think that might be the key to the cartridge problems with the Kissbox Julie. My theory is that the atomiser is thirsty and needs more eliquid than usual and wicking just isn't fast enough to feed it.

As Apo says, I've heard lots of tales of people only getting satisfaction with dripping Kissboxes.

When I first got mine it took me ages to get used to it. I found that the key for me is to get the atomiser not too wet or dry. I love it now but it really was a bit of a struggle at first.

mrask

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2009
Portland, OR
I'm on my 9th day with the Kissbox. It arrived the same day I got the Screwdriver. My experience is similar. At first I liked the hotter burn and tighter draw from the SD, but very quickly began to appreciate the flavor of the Kiss. It does draw lighter, and one takes in more air yet somehow the vapor is more voluminous. True, it does not satisfy that "throat hit" that the hotter burning SD gives you. I also like the larger carts on the Kiss, and find the filler lasts longer. Also, I like the automatic switch. Sure, the Kiss is not for everyone, but I find it suits me very well.

I think this is it for me until the next generation of products comes along. Anyone want to buy a SD? ;)

Yup, vape through the nasty new atomizer taste. :p

When I first got off of analogs, I found the Kissbox not terribly satisfying. The vapor was too cool, and there wasn't the harshness that I had gotten used to with the analogs. Then my atomizers died, so I put it up until I managed to get a hold of some replacements.

After the death of my beloved Dura, I picked back up with the Kissbox. I was surprised to find that while the vapor was still cool, it had a richness to it that I hadn't noticed before. When I vape the same eLiquid in the KB and my DSE901, I notice that there is a lot more taste with the KB and it is a much smoother vape.

Having been away from analogs for a few weeks, I found that the KB was actually quite satisfying. I'm not sure whether that's because my lungs have started to repair themselves a bit so that I don't need the harshness to actually feel a vape or whether it's simply that I'm kind of retraining myself psychologically.

In any event, it was NOT love and first puff with my KB, but I've learned to love it. :)

BiteMe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Stanwood, WA
Geez... I was considering getting a KB, but it seems that I hear more about the problems than I do about enjoyment!
I guess I'll just stay with my Dura-C and deal with the leaks, dying atomizers and the like!

BTW... one of my best friends has had a KB for about 2 weeks. Already smoked a atomizer, manual switch and his auto switch. I'm NOT impressed!

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I think this is it for me until the next generation of products comes along. Anyone want to buy a SD? ;)

ANOTHER ONE?!?!? 3 SD's went up for sale in the classifieds yesterday, and now you want to sell yours, too?

Trog is going to be devistated that nobody likes his mod!

Don't upset the troll!

Duncan

Dec 19, 2008
North Wales, UK
I think that might be the key to the cartridge problems with the Kissbox Julie. My theory is that the atomiser is thirsty and needs more eliquid than usual and wicking just isn't fast enough to feed it.

As Apo says, I've heard lots of tales of people only getting satisfaction with dripping Kissboxes.

When I first got mine it took me ages to get used to it. I found that the key for me is to get the atomiser not too wet or dry. I love it now but it really was a bit of a struggle at first.

Absolutely right, Kate. I've been using the KB for three months now and I'm still learning new things about it. The cart and the wicking are crucial. but when you get used to it, it's fantastic. I ain't think of changing.

NightFlyer

Feb 8, 2009
Memphis TN
Geez... I was considering getting a KB, but it seems that I hear more about the problems than I do about enjoyment!
I guess I'll just stay with my Dura-C and deal with the leaks, dying atomizers and the like!

BTW... one of my best friends has had a KB for about 2 weeks. Already smoked a atomizer, manual switch and his auto switch. I'm NOT impressed!
I've had my kissbox since the middle of Feb and have used it exclusively since getting it. I only drip, but have not had a problem with any parts. I have thought of buying a different model, but cannot think of a good reason to do so. I have been very satisfied with the hardware, but do agree that I had problems with the carts. I had to top them off as often as I drip now, so I just quit using them, as dripping definitely gives the best vape.

mrask

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2009
Portland, OR
I was just thinking out loud. Since I'm still new to this I'm still getting the hang of the gear. The SD and the Kiss are two different experiences in vaping for sure. I'm kind of enjoying having both now.

ANOTHER ONE?!?!? 3 SD's went up for sale in the classifieds yesterday, and now you want to sell yours, too?

Trog is going to be devistated that nobody likes his mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread