Just got my 510. Couple of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibpirate

Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Hillsboro, OR
Hello,

I just received my 510 from cignot and tired the prefilled cart which was extra high nic level and filled my own cart with 26mg menthol. Both seem to taste really harsh on my throat and seem to have a almost burnt flavor. Is this normal? I have other juice on the way. Just wanted to know if this is an adaption I have to get used to.

Thanks,
Nick:confused:

lightinup

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Welcome to ECF Nick! Glad to have you here! I also got my 510 from Cignot! They are fabulous ladies and a great company. I also ordered the menthol and yes, it was harsh and tasted like Vick's Vapo Rub! Sorry ladies at Cignot. So I would certainly recommend trying juice from another vendor. (I just saw that you said you ordered some already!) There is some exceptional tasting juice and you will certainly have alot more enjoyment from vaping! Take a look at the Sponsoring Supplier's List and at the Ejuice Review forum as there is a lot of good info there. Good Luck and Happy Vaping!

Remie

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Florida
Hello,

I just received my 510 from cignot and tired the prefilled cart which was extra high nic level and filled my own cart with 26mg menthol. Both seem to taste really harsh on my throat and seem to have a almost burnt flavor. Is this normal? I have other juice on the way. Just wanted to know if this is an adaption I have to get used to.

Thanks,
Nick:confused:

Hi!

The atomizers have what people have called "primer fluid" in them when we get them. Before you used a new atomizer, did you gently blow it out from the threaded end on to a paper towel or tissue?

By gently blowing it out you'll see clear liquid come out onto the paper.

Then, put a drop of your e-liquid inside the atty onto the wire-mesh "bridge".

It may take about 20 short puffs without inhaling (kind of like how someone would try to light a cigar and keep it lit) or so to clear the harsh primer fluid taste from it. Don't worry, you'll eventually start to taste your e-liquids.

I did the same thing with my first two atties - yuck - I couldn't understand why the taste was so nasty and harsh. It took me a couple of times doing the "drop of e-juice then gently blow it out" to finally clear the harsh taste.

Just a thought :)

Good Luck!! It will be easy in no time :)

Remie

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Florida
If you tried to vape before you blew out the primer fluid, it may take a bit longer to clear it.

Do the "blow it out, drop of e-juice on the bridge, gentle puffs (the cigar thing)"
a few times -

If your atty isn't "wet" enough it will continue to taste harsh... I know, weird - too wet and it floods, not wet enough and it "runs hot" and tastes horrid.

Also, you can try just putting a drop of e-liquid on the atty bridge before you attach the cartridge, if you feel you've blown it out enough.

If you hear a "gurgling" sound when you try to vape, it means it's flooded, and you need to blow it out. That happens occasionally as well.

It can be a bit frustrating at first, but you'll figure it out and be vaping like a pro in no time.

LadyTexun

Feb 6, 2010
San Marcos, Texas
I am very interested in the process you are going through. I just ordered my 510 from cignot and am expecting it in within the next couple of days. I guess I'm cut from a different cloth, I quit analog 5 years ago, but I miss the sensation of "smoking"... thus the e-cig! Plus I'm hoping to get my sister into vaping, get her off her Marlb habit (which I pay for LOL).

Ibpirate

Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Hillsboro, OR
Ladytexun,

I charged my battery, opened the pre-filled cart, and tried vaping. It tasted horrid. Took apart and blew atty out. Filled empty cart with menthol juice, dropped a few drops of menthol juice onto the bridge and tried to vape, still a bad taste. It was late after a long day of work, so I gave up. I will try again when I get my other juice. Should be today or tomorrow?

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
This is how I blow out my 510 atties:
1)thread end of atty in mouth, paper towel over open end..couple of short hard blows..
2)then turn it around and a couple more from the open end out the thread end..(til nothing wet comes out onto the towel..
3)Then I drip in like 10 drops of plain PG and blow that through like in 2 til nothing wet comes out ..repeat once more..
4) drip in 3-4 dops of juice..replace topped off cart..wait 1 min..vape

This tends to really help get rid of primer taste quickly...sometimes if I have quite a bit of juice I'll use a thinner lighter cleaner juice in place of the pure PG..(but all in all it usually gets rid of the primer taste in about 5 or so puffs)..

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
great, I will have to order some straight PG and give this a try.
You can pick up straight PG at a walgreens, rite aid, CVS...just go to the pharmacy counter and ask for it (by it's full name)..they'll probably have to order it but they'll likely have it in a day..be about $11-$15 for a pint...they might play stupid if they're lazy if so ask specifically for the pharmacist ...they might ask what you want it for..you'll have an easier time if you say you're making soap or my personal favorite excuse lube...

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
I was sent a free sample that came in and was not exactly menthol. I decided to try the sample on a fresh atty that I had cleaned out pretty well. It was absolutely horrible. I don't know what it was but it tasted really bad. Thinking I had a bad atty I tried it on an old atty that I used used for menthol and it still tasted of menthol I tried it again and it was just as nasty. I could not get that flavor out for anything. I tried all the above tricks and nothing worked. I finally did the crest soaking method and then blew them out repeatedly with hot water. Now they are as good as new with no nasty taste at all.

So if all else fails try the Crest Soaking method. You can find info around here someplace.

Kristin... Thank you so much for the link to the very informative article about the 510. I just received mine today and have been happily vaping since I got home from work. (Sis charged up the first batt for me). I'm a -0- nic vaper (quit analogs 5 years ago) but I'm hoping to get Sis into vaping to help her quit analogs.
This little 510 is awesome!! I'd never have had the guts to buy one if it hadn't have been for the people on this site.
Thank You!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread