Just got my Chameleon pass through!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsSki

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Fort Rucker Alabama
Just one question, Im a 510 user, so i will be able to use my 510 hardware with this Chameleon right the only thing is i will need batteries right? What type? how long will one charge last? Can i get them at radio shack ? Shoot can someone just make me a shopping list....LOL...im not joking, Im not the smartest cookie around when it comes to different pv out there
Thanks
Tara

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
The Chameleon at 3.7v comes with adapters for the 510 atty and the 901/801. If you want to try 5v vaping then you would want to purchase the usb passthrough adapter that fits the chameleon. It hooks into your computer via the usb port! If you ever want to try high voltage vaping the sleeve accomadates 2 batteries to bring you to 6v plus! Cough*Cough.
Most all the batteries have to be purchased online for big battery mods. ikenvape usually carries them or you can do a google search and find a few different online stores. Like this one: http://www.batteryjunction.com/uf16340.html

Last edited:

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
Just one question, Im a 510 user, so i will be able to use my 510 hardware with this Chameleon right the only thing is i will need batteries right? What type? how long will one charge last? Can i get them at radio shack ? Shoot can someone just make me a shopping list....LOL...im not joking, Im not the smartest cookie around when it comes to different pv out there
Thanks
Tara

The Chameleon takes cr 123 or 16340 batteries. It does come with several adapters including 510.

I dont think that radio shack sells this batteries, you need to get protected ones too.

As far as how long the charge lasts, that I could not say, it depends on how many Mah it is, but I would say a while to be generic.

cr23a/16340

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
My 3.7 battery last all day say 7a till 9p. Still not dead and I take it out and put it in to charge the next day and out in a fresh one. I do not vape until the battery is dead. From my understanding, if you overdischarge them, it shortens the life of the battery. I am using the same bats from November, rotating 4 of them.

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Most all the batteries have to be purchased online for big battery mods. ikenvape usually carries them or you can do a google search and find a few different online stores. Like this one: Ultrafire 3.6V 880mah Protected Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery RCR123A CR123A 16340 CR16340

BatteryJunction had a fire and is shut down. They are hoping to be open again by late March. You can try lighthound.com
AW RCR123a Protected 750 mAh Battery

But Isaac said he was getting more in.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
I would go lighthound if Isaac doesn't have them and get:
AW RCR123a Protected 750 mAh Battery
or
AW IMR16340 550 mAh IMR CR123 size LiMN Rechargeable Lithium Battery
and
the Tr-001 charger from Isaac when he gets more in
or
Ultrafire WF-139 Charger for 14500 / 17500 / 18500 / 18650 / RCR123 3.7 volt Lithium Battery Charger
with 2 of these 15mm Charging Spacer Aluminum

that's gonna be the fastest you're gonna get em...
or wait for Isaac to get the stuff back in..
or third option is to get them direct from the AW dealer in hong kong via paypal (can take upwards of 14 days) through here: AW's LiIon Batteries Sales Thread *Part 11* - CPFMarketPlace

if it was me...unless you already have ordered your chameleon and need the batteries NOW..I'd just wait for Isaac to get the stuff in...
If you ordered your device already and need the batteries and charger NOW...I'd get the stuff from lighthound...

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Drozd, what is the difference between these two batteries besides the mAH? And which is suppose to be better performance or is there no real difference?

Thank you in advance!

the second is a safe chemistry LiMN and is made to be able to handle much more current passing through it..so the speed that you can drain it at without damaging the battery is higher..supposedly the demands of the atty on the battery just work better on these ie they supposedly vape better... theres a cople threads going on about them...like 6V is not the answer, high drain is the answer...and a thread in the gg forum on them too...most are referencing the big 18650 high drain (but I just see that as a bigger, more mAh version (still 3.7V))...some of the HV nuts that say that they are starting to enjoy 3.7V again with them...

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
the second is a safe chemistry LiMN and is made to be able to handle much more current passing through it..so the speed that you can drain it at without damaging the battery is higher..supposedly the demands of the atty on the battery just work better on these ie they supposedly vape better... theres a cople threads going on about them...like 6V is not the answer, high drain is the answer...and a thread in the gg forum on them too...most are referencing the big 18650 high drain (but I just see that as a bigger, more mAh version (still 3.7V))...some of the HV nuts that say that they are starting to enjoy 3.7V again with them...

Thanks Drozd!! Now I'm going to have to get a couple to see the difference LOL I have the first AW batteries. Lighthound is gonna luv me, 3 orders in 3 days weeeeeeeee

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
Okay, I finally went through all my vaping options an here is my personal opinion.

Cartomizer (v4l premium)with extra adapter - Smooth, tons of vapor low to 0 th
901 - smooth and lots of vapor and mild to low th
801 - A bit harsher, Good vapor and mild to high th
510 - Harsh - ok vapor - too harsh for me too enjoy

Over all I am very pleased with the pass through and I'm glad that I got it!

Thanks Isaac!

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
I watched a video and it showed him taking the top apart with pliers and a screwdriver. Why did he do this and will it be necessary? I have ordered my chameleon but have not received it yet. When you get the 3 different adaptor do you just screw in the one you want to use?

I believe he did this just to show how the button assembly is put together, I think, but no, it is not necessary to do to use the unit.

To use the adapters, you just unscrew the top and drop the adapter that you want into it and move it until it seats properly and then screw the cap back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread