Just got my copper 4Nine clone! (Pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackboar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Upper Marlboro, MD
I was searching for copper 4Nine clones the other day, and came across 88evapes. I had never heard of them before and there was very little in the way of reviews, but their prices were ok, so I gambled.

I have to say, I'm pretty happy with the mod. Only gripe is the magnet on the button is weaker than the authentic that I played with.

5f0509b86a421f9848f8e5fd67ea9a95.jpg

One if the things I was nervous about with the 4Nine was the lack of a locking ring. Well, I solved that by cutting the bottom of one of my empty 15 ml juice bottles and using it as a cover for the button. Works great and now I'll be willing to pocket it.

29aac42391b25243d7f40f086490c5ed.jpg

Blackboar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Upper Marlboro, MD
Here's another shot of it altogether, without the condom :)
d825143ae75b1f789721bf625753f55a.jpg

One other gripe, the contact on the copper side of the magnet could use a bit of polishing.
8397b858ae32550933c9edf37248af39.jpg

But not too shabby for a clone. Hits like a champ :). Wish I could measure voltage drop, but I've yet to get a ecig voltage drop measuring multimeter. Compared to my Emit Vapor Shotgun mod, I would say it hits equally as hard.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Nice.. do you know the manufacturer? I get ~0.3volts in resistance loss.. voltage drop.. with a 0.35ohm load. That is with the stainless version.

It looks well thought out.. like the battery contact having a large conductor, instead of just a ring around a magnet. Does the copper face the switch or battery? I would think you wouldn't have the "finicky" feel of the switch with that huge piece of copper facing switch.. it's not so much finicky. You just have to get a feel for it. My friend looks at me confused every time he uses it.. but I never have issues, unless I haven't cleaned it in a while.

I'm really curious on how often you'll need to clean the switch with copper version. Since you don't have two different alloys involved with contacts, no galvanic corrosion, but how fast would the patina develop on the copper version's switch regardless?

Oh.. I've had mine for about 3months, it's in my pocket all day at work.. never had it fire in my pocket.. while I've had a few locks straight fall apart in my pocket..clones and magneto, but still. As long as you atomizer's pin isn't too long, you have to push the button straight in, sometimes force it against the side after pushing switch in- depending on how short pin is. So you'd need it to fall into a caulking gun of its size to close switch in your pocket.. but if you feel better. There's a reason this mod doesn't have a locking version.

Edit- I could be sitting at a desk, standing in a circle, or climbing all over substation equipment for work...so I think I've put the switch to the test.

Last edited:

Blackboar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Upper Marlboro, MD
Shouldnt need the condom. My brothers friend has an authentic 4nine and carrys that puppy every day and hasn't had a issue with it firing.

BTW, great looking mod, wanted one but my trident doesn't screw into it :(

Thanks, I actually bought a Trident V2 clone along with the 4Nine. I had to adjust the 510 pin and unscrew it about 2 turns for it to work. Not sure about the authentic Trident, if the 510 is adjustable. But if it is, it'll work. I just had the Omega clone on it when I took the picture.

suspectK, the copper face of that button faces the switch. Unfortunately, I don't know who manufactured this clone. I suspect 88evapes gets the same stuff as fasttech, so it could be a toss up as to what the manufacturer is. I've heard great things about the Infinite 4nine clones, too, but they are normally twice the price I paid for this particular clone.

Looking forward to the patina developing on the exterior, but will keep that copper face and insides polished for conductivity. I've got some stuff I use to polish my knives, Tuffcloth, that I can use to polish the contacts if they start to patina.

Last edited:

Sptz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hm... is that an infinite clone? Didn't it come with an extra magnet? Because apparently the infinite clone is every so slightly taller than the original thus needing an extra magnet on the battery in order to shorten the throw otherwise you have to cave that button into the tube lol.

Also, are you able to screw the top cap onto the 16mm tube as well as the 14mm? Mine only screws on the 16mm, on the 14mm it seems to give off some resistance on the threads so I'm scared of forcing it since it's coper... so I can't have it in the "correct" order :(

Blackboar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Upper Marlboro, MD
Sptz, I am pretty sure it is NOT an infinite clone. The Infinite clones that I've seen has Infinite on the box or bag that they come in. This one came in a box that even tried to resemble the authentic. It was a gold cardboard box with the Lemur emblem on it.

I have not tried putting the top cap on both tubes. Currently it's sitting onto of the 16mm tube. The reason why is when the 16mm tube is used as the middle section for me, you can see the seam. With the 14mm section in the middle, the seam disappears.

Blackboar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Upper Marlboro, MD
Have you have sub-ohmed with this mod? Was wondering if it the button gets hot at all.

I hope my authentic Patriot can fire with a flat top VTC5, but I have a Stillare clone so it's whatevers lol

All I run on this 4nine are sub ohm builds. The atty that gets the most time on it is the Trident v2 clone. I have it built to 0.40. The Omega clone that's pictured is also built to 0.4. I've actually run my Magma RDA on it, as well. The Magma is running a 0.25 ohm build.

I've never had the button get warm, at all. The top of the mod does get warm with the heat from the atty, but I've never had it travel as for as the button. Also, the battery is cool to the touch.

All I run on this 4nine are sub ohm builds. The atty that gets the most time on it is the Trident v2 clone. I have it built to 0.40. The Omega clone that's pictured is also built to 0.4. I've actually run my Magma RDA on it, as well. The Magma is running a 0.25 ohm build.

I've never had the button get warm, at all. The top of the mod does get warm with the heat from the atty, but I've never had it travel as for as the button. Also, the battery is cool to the touch.

Good to know. thank you good suh.

Now I wonder if anyone tried a 4nine with a Patriot.. I might have to go buy an AW 1600 imr nipple top now lel

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Sptz, I am pretty sure it is NOT an infinite clone. The Infinite clones that I've seen has Infinite on the box or bag that they come in. This one came in a box that even tried to resemble the authentic. It was a gold cardboard box with the Lemur emblem on it.

I have not tried putting the top cap on both tubes. Currently it's sitting onto of the 16mm tube. The reason why is when the 16mm tube is used as the middle section for me, you can see the seam. With the 14mm section in the middle, the seam disappears.

This is definitely not the Infinite 4nine, it looks better than the Infinite ... this is probably Ijoye, their clones come in the Tarisier box. Focalecig tried to get some 1:1 4nine's from IJoye, but the they don't supply to their own Domestic Market :blink: .. I think that is so wrong that so many of the better Chinese cloners will not sell directly to their own Chinese retailers.

And that is not a Lemur, its a Tarsier monkey. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread