Just got my GotVapes 3.5ohm Fluxomizers CE2 deluxe clearomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

southeastbeast

Verified Member
Dec 2, 2011
Seattle
These tasted like burned poop when I vaped it. Removed all the rubber crud at the top to eliminate the possibility that it could be caused by that. Opened it up and fluffed the wicks and frayed the ends of the wick. The wick was fully saturated but it doesn't seem to keep enough liquid up on the top portion near the coils to keep a good flavor.

I'm using this on my Provari. Below 4.8 volts with wick produced alright flavor but would quickly turn burned. Drained the whole thing (using a syringe) and just started direct dripping and it seems to work better. With a fresh 2 drops on the coils I can get 4-5 good puffs. Direct dripping allows me to use it at around 5.4 volts which produces a much better flavor and vape. Using VapeBomb 20/80 fruit sample pack.

I've watched the videos for these and done everything. It doesn't have the looped wick that I can snip anymore (like in a video I saw of an older fluxomizer). I've fluffed the wick near the top bend and even removed all 3 rubber pieces that make it not spill when flipped upside down. Bought 2x boxes of these things in ugly green (only one in stock) and I'm afraid I'll just have to snip the wicks off and use them as direct drip..... in which case I should have just bought an atty. LOL

Anyone got any suggestions?

Here is the direct product link:
GotVapes FLuXomizer™ DeLuXe CLEAR GREEN 510 XL 1.8ml 3.5-3.6ohm [gotvapes-clrgrn510XL3.6-ce2x] - $11.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Eric in NJ

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2012
New Jersey
Had the same problem when I tried them on the provari, all 5 burned up in less then 10 puffs. One even burned up while just checkign the ohm's after filling it up and letting the wick get moist!
I tried all the same things you did with removing the rubbers, fluffed the wicks even tried one with no modification and got the same result.
I also had a pack of the 808's and tried them on my G6 mini and the same thing happend after about 20 pulls. They seem to just burn up really fast.
Good luck with the rest of them

Last edited:

passerbyeus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2009
Kentucky
my :2c: .....you went to Gotvapes thats the first burn second burn is CE2 cartos are a wreck and do not wick right unless you make adjustments and still after that they do not work great... you can keep fighting with the such things and waist money or you can figure out what your looking for and ask around or pm me I will try to help you.

Last edited:

Foggy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2009
breaking my refresh button
passerbyeus, When did you last try a Ce2? I chain vape and they keep up with me, no problem. It seems that folks run hot or cold on them. I'm wondering if the earlier versions were awful? I just started vaping again in Dec. Just imho, but you can't beat a Ce2 for flavor.

The new Visions seem to be a huge hit. No syringes. Dropper fill. Work out of the box with no modding.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Anyone got any suggestions?

Here is the Easiest thing you can do to a CE2 if you think you have wicking problems.

And that is to Tilt your Battery Up slightly and let the e-Liquid pool arounf the Ceramic Cup/Wick while you take your hit.

This Dead Simple Tech cures 80% of the problems people have with CE2's.

DarkAynjil

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2011
El Paso
Here is the Easiest thing you can do to a CE2 if you think you have wicking problems.

And that is to pull out your dct, and save your ce2's for emergencies or nights on the town.
This Dead Simple Tech cures 80% of the problems people have with CE2's.

Fixed*

In all seriousness, I haven't had a ce2 keep up with me yet - fluxo, vision, stone 2, etc. The grande keeps up with me pretty well, but the flavor is - well let's say I'm hoping it breaks in...

Gotvapes has brilliant designs for the more casual / light vaper. If you're a heavy vaper, ce2's are going to dry hit on you unless you tilt and wait, vape, tilt and wait, etc.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Fixed*

In all seriousness, I haven't had a ce2 keep up with me yet - fluxo, vision, stone 2, etc. The grande keeps up with me pretty well, but the flavor is - well let's say I'm hoping it breaks in...

Gotvapes has brilliant designs for the more casual / light vaper. If you're a heavy vaper, ce2's are going to dry hit on you unless you tilt and wait, vape, tilt and wait, etc.

Just curious, what ratio of PG to VG do you use?

DarkAynjil

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2011
El Paso
I used to use 30/70, and switched to 50/50 to eliminate feeding problems with my ce2's. Don't get me wrong, I like my ce2's, but my go-to vape is a dct. Fluxomizers take some tweaking, and the tilting helps, but I prefer dct in the comfort of my home. I also find that dct's are more vv friendly, and more tolerant of thicker juices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread