Just Got My Kayfun and OHHH MANNNN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenho21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
The Mitten
Just got my kayfun in and HOLY CRAP! This thing is awesome! Easy build, awesome flavor, solid throat hit, and it looks sexy as hell! NOW I GET IT! Prefect take everywhere vape, no leaking no nothin. Only negative I can come up with is it's a little heavy, but hey gotta give a little to get a lot sometimes. The whistle is a little annoying, but not that bad. I know I'm not giving anyone new info here, but I rarely get this psyched about a new device or topper. Every once in a while though, something just nails it and this thing does!

Provari Kayfun.jpg

Kenho21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
The Mitten
check out rip trippers on youtube if you are having trouble with builds. I followed his video and my first build was awesome. came out to 0.85ohm. I'm going to do the chimney build tonight for better airflow.

Yea, I actually used his video as a reference for my first build on it, great vid, but I did raise my coil a little higher above the air flow hole for a smoother hit. I'm really interested in doing the chimney build too. If ya would, post tonight after you do it and let us know your results? I'm really curious.

CookieMonster225

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Baton Rouge, LA
Yea, I actually used his video as a reference for my first build on it, great vid, but I did raise my coil a little higher above the air flow hole for a smoother hit. I'm really interested in doing the chimney build too. If ya would, post tonight after you do it and let us know your results? I'm really curious.

Will do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

CookieMonster225

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Baton Rouge, LA

Kenho21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
The Mitten
6u9e6u6a.jpg
ok so I decided to do a dual coil. Got down to .35ohm and now some people said I'm going to melt my insulator running that hot. I'll have to wait till tonight to do the chimney

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

That's a nice lookin build! Very clean, looks somewhat tricky to do. I would be a little worried about that insulator though.

From everything I've heard, almost everyone is saying the Kayfun isn't ideal for sub-ohm setups. How'd you like it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenho21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
The Mitten
I got mine a couple of days ago. It's still sitting in the box. Will one of you come set it up for me? My attempt at recoiling my PTs was a fail so I'm a bit nervous about it. Waiting for a day when my patience and focus is at it's best.

Definitely watch that video from RIP, it'll make it simple for you if you just take your time and follow his instructions pausing the video as you go.

If ya lived in Michigan I'd be glad to help you build a coil!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cavediver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Buford, Ga
I got mine a couple of days ago. It's still sitting in the box. Will one of you come set it up for me? My attempt at recoiling my PTs was a fail so I'm a bit nervous about it. Waiting for a day when my patience and focus is at it's best.

Before you do a build, you need to do a thorough wash job on it.

Thorough.

I pulled a lot of oils off / out of mine. The air flow and fill ports were absolutely full of gunk. A bath in some Dawn, a scrub with a toothbrush and a pipe cleaner, and now it's good to go.
Pay careful attention during disassembly, even to the point of taking pictures so you know what goes where.

Good luck with your build!

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I know that whistle is kind of built-in to the design, and my Russian does it if I draw with NO tip attached - but it went away when I changed tips on a whim - and I also happen to like the way this draws. Probably my build, but there's also no audible sizzle - so right now, it is WEIRD, this thing is giving me an utterly SILENT vape. Really strange, actually... LOL

newstuff2_zps2784e317.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread