The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

just got my mini today

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by OREGATO, Nov 25, 2008.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. OREGATO

OREGATO Full Member

Nov 18, 2008
    well got my mini today and have to say its a strange feeling.

I charged the battery and started to 'vape' got it going and it tastes strange...

I'm used to smoking menthol so that could be the reason, the vapour seems good and I think i'm just trying to adjust to it.

I started on the medium cartridge but i think i still have a craving for the real thing, should i go up to the high cartridge after that? (i dont want to poison myself either like)

I've read through the tips and stuff and seems to have a lot of helpful advice.

Simon from ecigs dot co dot uk is also a great supplier to deal with and i've ordered more supplies from him today! (thanks man) highly recommended

Just wondering though, how did you guys find the 'transition' or beginning of your experience with these things? would be interesting to find some other opinions.

2. scrubadub

scrubadub Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2008
    London, UK
    I found it odd at first as well. Not unpleasant but certainly different, it was a feeling of something that I would have to get used to. Thankfully I did get used to it.

One thing to keep in mind is the regular flavour that comes with it and the priming fluid in the atomiser isn't the greatest taste in the world. At least it wasn't for me and I've heard others on here say the same. Try getting some different flavoured liquids to refill the carts once the regular juice runs dry. It takes a whle to find a taste you like but personally since finding flavours I get on with I haven't touched another cigarette.

You might want to check out this thread as well which lists some of the symptoms people had when they switched

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/health-safety-e-smoking/3305-list-common-symptoms-when-e-smoking.html

3. MagusSteele

MagusSteele Super Member ECF Veteran

It does take a bit to get aquainted with it.
    Everyone didnt like it at first, but once they got past the factory primer it got a lot better.
    After a few hours, try a regular smoke and you will see the big difference, most say how they didnt realize how bad they tasted :D
    You can move to the higher carts.
    You Wont poison yourself, if you remember back you use to get a dizzy/buzz/high feeling, you MAY get that, but going from something like 12-16 isnt that big a difference.
    Try it and see, if you get sick, youve Vaped too much :p

Give it a bit, your on your way

4. OREGATO

OREGATO Full Member

Nov 18, 2008
    thanks for the advice lads, i've been nearly a day without a real cigarette now and its really weird, i thought i would have given up and went back to the real thing, but i havent, used two cartridges yesterday (but that was from 12.00 to midnight) is that normal usage?

also, i ordered some e liquid yesterday, am i right in thinking that all i need to do is keep my used carts and then just fill them with the e liquid? or do i need special empty carts?

thanks again guys

5. MagusSteele

You can buy empty carts, they are fresh, clean and, well, not used.
    Save your carts, you can refill them. You can even rinse out the stuffing, tamp it dry, put it back, and refill. When it gets to bad, go to another cart. Some even like to have seperate ones for different flavors.
    Normal useage is the rate you use them :p
    There is no "Normal Useage". Most people use 1.5 - 2.5 ml, and carts hold about 1ml full, but you never use 100% of the cart. thats why people get the syringes, to squeeze out the leftover juice sometimes. I rarely do that, I am always topping off mine, till the need cleaning.
    I still have a few smokes a day, so your doing better them I am so far :D

6. OREGATO

OREGATO Full Member

Nov 18, 2008
    I see.. I still havent had an analog, so technically, i've gone a full day without smoking!

I've also gone and bout some e juice off pillbox cause i heard that he sells good stuff.

what type of syringes are you talking about?

Also, is there holders and cases i can get for these things? would like to keep it in a safe place so i don't lose it or break it

7. MagusSteele

Check Pilbox's site, I am not sure, but most places sell the syringes and hard cases, but most people find a case that fits their needs and adapts something to work for them. Eyeglass cases, USB memory cases, manicure cases, depends what they find that works.
    I went to the drug store, they had a syringe that is used to give small kids medicine with, it has no needle, so its only for squishing the liquid out of carts, the needle comes in handy to fill the carts.
    The Wicked Juice should be good for you.

Heres some vids that explain some.
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/2542-how.html

8. scrubadub

scrubadub Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2008
    London, UK
    I find the syringes that are used to refill ink carts are good. They are a nice size and the tip is blunt so there's little chance of pricking your finger with a syringe full of nicotine. You can pick them up for a couple of quid on Ebay.

9. shawnp1

shawnp1 Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

good idea on the syringe for ink carts. i persnally like the blunt needle so there is no accidents.

10. parapo

parapo Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2008
    Greece
    me too,first day today, after 25 years.....i hope it will last.
    had my real ones with me at work,but i didn't need them.

11. parapo

Nov 23, 2008
    Greece
    some liqids include a eyedropper. works for me.

12. Denni

Denni Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 3, 2008
    UK

After washing my cart fillings (in ordinary tapwater), squeezing and drying them I drip a bit of liquid/glycerine onto the base before inserting them back into the cart, then simply top up with the dropper.

13. parapo

Nov 23, 2008
    Greece

do you do this every time?
    i don't think refilling same taste liquid will need this.

14. shawnp1

shawnp1 Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

nah if u are using the same flavor its not an issue. after a maybe 2 days with the same cart a good rinsing might be a good idea though. i usually just use one cart for 2 days an pitch it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.