Just got my new G6 minis - WOW factor

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickmurphy

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2010
san francisco
Today my new G6 minis arrived. I got all the new colors (lime green, dark green, white, purple) and I am very impressed. I can't say enough how much I like the look and feel of these. They are different than any other brand I have. This is the second batch of G6 batteries I've gotten. I got my first set when they first came out and now I can report that one of the best things about them is that they are extremely scratch resistant. My old ones still look brand new even after making the daily rounds for months being carried and bouncing around in my jacket pocket, where other brands have scratched themselves up real good.

I don't know what the coating on the outside of these beauties is, but it's got the wear and tear thing DOWN.

Pyster

Dec 10, 2011
Evanston, IL
I just recently got my first Halo batteries (Emerald Green) with my starter kit, and they are indeed beautiful (and appear to be quite durable)! Just curious, do you prefer the automatic or manual? I'm new to all this, but so far have been pretty pleased with the autos (I understand the potential issues with overfilling cartos), and am interested in others' experiences.

nyabzns

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
Midwest , USA
I personally prefer the auto batteries myself. I've had some manual battery switches stick which creates a very hot situation if you don't catch it right away. Those were earlier manual batteries and I'm sure it's a non issue now. On a personal level I never had to press a switch on my Marlboro lights so the automatic batteries similate the analog smoking experience for me.

Pyster

Dec 10, 2011
Evanston, IL
Thanks for the response, nyabzns. I, too, REALLY like the similarities with the analog experience that the autos provide, and had been wondering if it was just one of those "newbie" things that I'd outgrow once I better appreciate the finer aspects of vaping or if it was largely a matter of what one wants in an e-cig experience. (Worst case imagined senario: I've missed one of those something all-who-love-auto-batteries wished they would have known/ought to know...)

patrickmurphy

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2010
san francisco
Autos all the way. I once tried a manual and didn't like having to take an extra step (tiny as it is) when I vape. I've never had a "juice accident" but I tend to be overly careful when refilling. My method is to use a condom cap and fill it half full of whatever juice(s) I want and then slip the carto in open end (vaping end) first... then I lay the whole cart down sideways and let all the liquid wick in (sometimes I roll it back and forth gently so it wicks all the way around). It doesn't go down the center hole that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread