just got my vaporshark ni200 coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCHagy74

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
Niverville, NY, US
Should I keep raising the temp?

Depends... what are you using the temp limiting for?
If you are attempting to prevent burnt hits keep it between 390 and 410 (if I recall the DNA 40 has a +/- of 10 degrees). If you are more concerned with potential byproducts of over heated liquid, I personally would keep it below 500.

Cody Brock

Feb 7, 2015
Depends... what are you using the temp limiting for?
If you are attempting to prevent burnt hits keep it between 390 and 410 (if I recall the DNA 40 has a +/- of 10 degrees). If you are more concerned with potential byproducts of over heated liquid, I personally would keep it below 500.

Im just trying to vape it at 40w but it keeps going into temp protect mode

Cody Brock

Feb 7, 2015
Question: did you throw it right up to 40w and start rippin' it or did you work your way up to 40w?

I started it at 32w I believe.. I have another tank right now that i just filled up so im going to set it at 20w and slowly make my way to 40w

When do I start raising it up from 20c? I'm a noob ha..

Last edited:

NOVA jon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2014
Northern virginia
In my short vape life experience, I've always started lower and worked my way up. Is there any perameters etched on the coils as to what they should be vaped?

Some coils just might not wick well at certain W with certain juices. The TP is there to help you avoid burning the wicking material as well as scorching uour nice. If you get the TP it means it's working!!

NOVA jon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2014
Northern virginia
I have a couple vapor shark rDNA 40's and have built dozens of nickel coils but do not have a subtank yet (it's on the short list) so I'm just farting in the wind here but some juices have a tendency to gunk coils and cause TP to kick in quicker.

I thought one of my Lemo's was the culprit till I built the same exact coil in another one, switched the same juice to it and got the same result. Might just be gunky juice!!

RCHagy74

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
Niverville, NY, US
My pre-built Nautilus NI-200 .3 ohm coils hit temp limit very quickly... until I up the TL to 420 or over. Then again I vape 'tween 11-18 watts. Bumping to 40 watts at 420 hit the temp limit.
My Russian 91% at .2ish - .15is ohms have not hit temp... then again I am using a spaced coil with 28 gauge wire.
It just may be how the pre-builts are built, meaning wire gauge, coil diameter and so forth.
Play with the temp and watts. Keep posting on the Official DNA 40 intro thread like you have been. I recall someone using pre-built heads there also.

Ahhh... have to love new tech.

RC Hagy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread