The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Just got Red Oak Domestic

Discussion in 'All About Johnson Creek Juice' started by Grinch, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Grinch

Grinch Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    I like the vapor production, but I am having a hard time tasting any flavor. I've never tried Johnson Creek before, is this a juice that has to sit for a few days before it starts to taste more flavorful? Because I've heard people rave about JC's tobacco flavors, I wanna get in on this!

Also, I'm using a brand new atomizer and a brand new cartridge, with a new battery I bought a week ago.

2. Twinkie

Twinkie Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 3, 2009
    I recently ordered Red Oak Domestic, Tennessee Cured, and Valencia.

For what it's worth, I think Domestic tastes like Tennessee Cured without the carmel and vanilla undertones. To me, Domestic is the closest thing to a real cigarette I've tasted (albeit, a weak cigarette).

Based on the description, I think this is intentional.

3. GregH

GregH Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 28, 2009
    Georgia USA
    To me, the JC Domestic has a very distinctive (and wonderful) flavor. Since you said that you're using a brand new atomizer, my first guess is you haven't burned through the primer in the atty. That stuff can kill flavors. Blow the atty out and prime it again.

But I exclusively drip with the JC Domestic, so maybe that's why you're not getting too much flavor...you're using a cart. just a guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.