Just order my first Mech and have some questions on the batteries and charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zildjian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oregon
As the title says I just got my first Mech. I got the King in Satan Brass.
I'm planning on using this with a Kick with 1.5 to 1.8 ohm builds. With a Russian 91%.

My question is will these batteries work good for my setup Sony 18650 2600mAh 30A VTC5 with this charger Nitecore Intellicharger I4 ?

If not what would be a better battery and charger setup?

Also has anyone used any of the clone Kicks like this one The Kick by Smok Tech and if so how did they work. Anyone know of any other sites that have clone kicks?

Submaniac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Anaheim
The "Satan" brass edition? Now THAT version hits harder than the regular satin brass edition. LOL

In all seriousness, the Sony VTC5 are arguably the best batteries you can get (and this is what I use), and the Intellicharge i4 is one of the best chargers available (and I have that as well). So basically you are using the same equipment that I am using, and I can tell you that it works pretty damn well. I don't think you can do better than that for batteries and chargers.

porkchopbun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Northern CALI, USA
I prefer Xtar vp 1 or2 or Efest Luc smart charger ....you can do google search on pro/cons of each charger, but they do cost more than I4, so people tend gravitate towards I4..
The Sony batteries are fine as long they are authentic, i use them every day in my Mechs

You're better off with Fasttech Kick clone or an authentic Siegeli kick for lot less..but prepare to wait fo 3-4 weeks from Fasttech :
Found 14 Kick at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Look at the discussion and reviews

BTW..do you even know if your King mod is kick compatible....I actually have one..but i haven't open it yet....so I even don't know

Zildjian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oregon
The "Satan" brass edition? Now THAT version hits harder than the regular satin brass edition. LOL

In all seriousness, the Sony VTC5 are arguably the best batteries you can get (and this is what I use), and the Intellicharge i4 is one of the best chargers available (and I have that as well). So basically you are using the same equipment that I am using, and I can tell you that it works pretty damn well. I don't think you can do better than that for batteries and chargers.

LOL, sorry I went to public school, and was excited to post this. LOL

Zildjian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oregon
I prefer Xtar vp 1 or2 or Efest Luc smart charger ....you can do google search on pro/cons of each charger, but they do cost more than I4, so people tend gravitate towards I4..
The Sony batteries are fine as long they are authentic, i use them every day in my Mechs

You're better off with Fasttech Kick clone or an authentic Siegeli kick for lot less..but prepare to wait fo 3-4 weeks from Fasttech :
Found 14 Kick at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Look at the discussion and reviews

BTW..do you even know if your King mod is kick compatible....I actually have one..but i haven't open it yet....so I even don't know

Yea I'm on a big time budget and with this conversion from an ego VV/VW device on a Vivi Nova, I had to buy everything for this build.

Counterfeit, do they clone these as well? Damm never thought about that. I'm getting them from 101vape.com Are they trustworthy? How can you tell?

It does come with an extra ring to accommodate a 18650 with a kick.

Thanks for the heads up on the kick, I do not and cannot wait for this to arrive from there as I want to start using this as soon as all the pieces for this arrive.

porkchopbun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Northern CALI, USA
Yea I'm on a big time budget and with this conversion from an ego VV/VW device on a Vivi Nova, I had to buy everything for this build.

Counterfeit, do they clone these as well? Damm never thought about that. I'm getting them from 101vape.com Are they trustworthy? How can you tell?

It does come with an extra ring to accommodate a 18650 with a kick.

Thanks for the heads up on the kick, I do not and cannot wait for this to arrive from there as I want to start using this as soon as all the pieces for this arrive.

Many of us ordered from 101vapes without issue, I'll be blunt..I rather see you with Fasttech kick or authentic Sigelei Kick than smoktek..there are reasons why the reviews are bad on them

I HAD authentic Kick 2..it poop on me after less than a month and hopefully gets replace through warranty..another member had the same issue...
But I've been kick-less for awhile..no issue..but I'm very battery safe conscious..etc...I knew about ohm's law even before vaping..
I double check everything with ohm reader...

Zildjian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oregon
Many of us ordered from 101vapes without issue, I'll be blunt..I rather see you with Fasttech kick or authentic Sigelei Kick than smoktek..there are reasons why the reviews are bad on them

I HAD authentic Kick 2..it poop on me after less than a month and hopefully gets replace through warranty..another member had the same issue...
But I've been kick-less for awhile..no issue..but I'm very battery safe conscious..etc...I knew about ohm's law even before vaping..
I double check everything with ohm reader...

Thanks for the heads up on the kick. I can swing the extra 10.00 bucks for a Sigelei. However I thought that Evolve was the company that designed the kick and kick 2. Those are around 40+ bucks. That's why I was looking at Smoktek one as that's what came up when I googled "kick mod".

I have a multi meter and a VV/VW device that I can get read outs on the Ohm's. I just want more control over my wattage going to my juice and have it be more consistent then getting major wattage and it tapering down as the day goes on.

porkchopbun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Northern CALI, USA
Thanks for the heads up on the kick. I can swing the extra 10.00 bucks for a Sigelei. However I thought that Evolve was the company that designed the kick and kick 2. Those are around 40+ bucks. That's why I was looking at Smoktek one as that's what came up when I googled "kick mod".

I have a multi meter and a VV/VW device that I can get read outs on the Ohm's. I just want more control over my wattage going to my juice and have it be more consistent then getting major wattage and it tapering down as the day goes on.

If you pay, 10.00 get Siegeli "Kick" from Fasttech, but if you want to spend 20.00...scroll down
Evolv LLC - Shop Now

Evolv made fuse/watt control famous..

You have more than 45+ post, you can ask them in this thread or discuss..there is already Kick or not kick thread in APV sections...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/apv-discussion/561551-kick-not-kick.html

Zildjian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oregon
If you pay, 10.00 get Siegeli "Kick" from Fasttech, but if you want to spend 20.00...scroll down
Evolv LLC - Shop Now

Evolv made fuse/watt control famous..

You have more than 45+ post, you can ask them in this thread or discuss..there is already Kick or not kick thread in APV sections...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/apv-discussion/561551-kick-not-kick.html

The thread didn't start out to be a kick post but rather about batteries and chargers. It just kind of gravitated to it.

I already had read the thread on which is better, but I will also read the kick or not to kick, that is the question :)

In either case, thanks for taking the time out to point me to some useful info.

Zildjian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oregon
Will be ordering a Kick from Evolv at that price might as well go with authentic.

Now I'm scared though as I just read it needs to be an internal diameter of 19.5 mm. The king is a 23mm device and don't know what the internal diameter is. I can't find any info on the internal measurement, but from what I can gather it is supposed to accommodate a kick.

I'm gonna call them tomorrow

Submaniac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Anaheim
Well essentially the inside diameter is the diameter needed to fit a battery. The kick is designed to be the same diameter as the inside of a regular mod tube. Incidentally, I ordered the Sigelei kick version from Fasttech, and these versions are bigger and won't fit the nemesis. With an actual evolve product on a King, shouldn't be a problem. (In other words if it is not Sigelei it's not a problem.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread